PDA

View Full Version : Whats the story morning glory

Homer Simpson
01-16-2005, 01:20 AM
So when you are in the shop in Alexandria and you press acyion at the buster sword zidane says.

" I remember a spiky haired guy who used to have one of those "

Does mean cloud, it deffinently implys which is impossible. So i ask why , Are they messing with us

EDIT: Watch your language please. -Muder

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-16-2005, 01:42 AM
FFIX is brimming with references to its predecessors. This is just one of them. Nothing special.

Homer Simpson
01-16-2005, 02:02 PM
That is quite a let down :cry:

ShivaBlizzard8
01-16-2005, 06:59 PM
Right - most FF games make some obscure references to other FFs or outside films like Star Wars, etc.

FF9, which was FF's swan song on the original PSX was made specifically to act in homage to all past FFs,and in doing so makes constant references to the older games, including this joke about Cloud.

Sepho
01-17-2005, 01:46 AM
Another reference off the top of my head is during the ending, when

Tantalus is performing "I Want to be Your Canary", one of the character Marcus' (played by the thought-to-be-dead Zidane) lines was "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!".

Which was a tribute to the main characters of the previous two PS1 Final Fantasys (and sort of clever because it makes sense, if you consider that a squall is a sort of small storm).

ROBwestfall
01-22-2005, 02:02 AM
im sory but i must ask, what bad language did homer simpson use, i see 'murder' told him to watch his language but i dont see anything derreggotory-(i can spell well)

K-chan
01-24-2005, 08:36 PM
I dunno. Homer pobably had to go back and edit his post so the 'bad word' didn't show up or sumthing.

Back on track, ff9 was suppost to be a mix of the past final fantasy's combined, so it would makes sense to put little things in the game, lie Clouds swords and all. ^^