PDA

View Full Version : Vincent Ultimate weapon....boo!

Dante WolfWood
01-17-2005, 07:35 PM
Ok, someone told me to start over and Kill as many enemies as I can with vincent till I get the death penalty, and I did, I know, I've killed ALOT with him. So once I got the death penealty, hes only doing 1700! wtf? on my other file, he was doing 2300! has anyone gotten vincent weapon up to 9999? if you did, PLZ TELL ME HOW! vincent is my fav. character and I would hate to have to shun him out of the final fight....again. :(

Flamethrower
01-17-2005, 08:34 PM
The same thing happened to me. My first time playing, I used Vincent all throughout the game, until I got the Death Penalty, and I noticed that he was doing significantly less damage with his normal attacks than my two other characters, Cloud and Yuffie. So I switched him with Cid and I never looked back.

Plus, Vincent's limit breaks suck, so there's no real need to use him at all.

Dante WolfWood
01-17-2005, 08:53 PM
well, personally, I think his limit breaks are awesome, they just dont work so well, in a turn-based RPG, now when dirge of cerebrus comes out, I cant wait to see how they implement the breaks in it. (I'm predicting like in Devil may cry)

but anyhoo, does anyone have a solution to this?

Zante
01-18-2005, 04:40 PM
I think his damage is determinated by the number of enemys he kills with death penalty, enemys killed with other weapons don't count.

bEoWuLfX
01-18-2005, 11:57 PM
well try increasing his strength stat with some sources and then go kill lots of random enemies in the mythril mines. the usuall come in atleast 4.

-N-
01-19-2005, 01:48 AM
I think his damage is determinated by the number of enemys he kills with death penalty, enemys killed with other weapons don't count.
It increases fast, too.

UltimaLimit
01-20-2005, 12:35 AM
Try equipping Slash-All and Running Boots (so he'll go first), then go slaughter swarms of weak enemies. That should probably help some.

I never had a problem with Death Penalty doing poor damage, but then, I used Vincent a lot.

Dante WolfWood
01-21-2005, 02:07 AM
well, I've killed atleast 50 more enemies with the death penalty but no increases, I think its my memory Card or something (has happened to me on two different games) but I'll get the slash all and running boots for this file and try.

(also, I basicly killed ALL enemies with Vincent, hell, vincent is 5 levels higher than Cloud!) (yes, it is possible to make someone stronger than cloud)

also, I did the power source thing on disc 1, got 50 of em, used them all on Vincent, hes basicly my powerhouse until I get everyone else's weapons....>.>

Memorylight
01-21-2005, 07:36 AM
How do you get the death penalty?

redxiiii
01-22-2005, 05:15 PM
you get it by using the submarine and finding a tunnel underwater, follow the tunnel and when you get to a dead end surface and you shoul be in front of a waterfall (nyou can see it with the highwind by the goldsauser. any wasy go in wit vincent in your party and you will find Lucrecia who will give you the death penalty,you have to be on disc two to get it but you can go on disc three and get chaos vini`s best limit break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Memorylight
01-25-2005, 10:24 AM
you get it by using the submarine and finding a tunnel underwater, follow the tunnel and when you get to a dead end surface and you shoul be in front of a waterfall (nyou can see it with the highwind by the goldsauser. any wasy go in wit vincent in your party and you will find Lucrecia who will give you the death penalty,you have to be on disc two to get it but you can go on disc three and get chaos vini`s best limit break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot. :greenie:
His best limit break huh? Must check it out!

UltimaLimit
01-26-2005, 01:44 AM
Yeah, Chaos is non-elemental, so for once you don't have to worry about healing enemies. :) Going back to the weapon, may I suggest focusing on other side-quests, but using Vincent + Slash-All as your main offense in random battles? That way you don't go insane trying to power the weapon up, and you get other side-quests accomplished, too. Maybe focus on leveling up materia but of course using Vincent. Just a mind trick I learned a long time ago.

One winged angel of death
01-26-2005, 08:59 PM
well.... Death penalty is his ultimate weapon, but it's not that strong, you might wanna use him for limit breaks and magic etc....

Narcissus Reborn
01-31-2005, 12:53 AM
I never got 9999 but I used 4x attack and did somehow got him doing 5000-5500 damage. It was mostly hasting like people sugested and my obsession with using him as often as I could. Also I used the Conformer+Morph with Yuffie in the sunken Submarine morphing EVERYTHING I SAW! Everything down there gave me Stat-up thingies and I focused on giving all the Power-ups to Vincent for the longest time so when I got his Weapon I was already doing alot. Probably a combination of the two, but if you want strength, those things can really help if you keep giving them to Vincent.

Ultima Shadow
01-31-2005, 03:54 PM
chaos vini`s best limit break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Until he's so powerfull that he hits for 9999 every time... then Hell Masker becames more powerfull.

TheSpoonyBard
01-31-2005, 04:03 PM
Until he's so powerfull that he hits for 9999 every time... then Hell Masker becames more powerful.
Please explain this. I thought all Vincent's Limit Break attacks were limited to 9,999 each. Does Splattercombo hit multiple times?

Mirage
01-31-2005, 04:42 PM
I never got 9999 but I used 4x attack and did somehow got him doing 5000-5500 damage. It was mostly hasting like people sugested and my obsession with using him as often as I could. Also I used the Conformer+Morph with Yuffie in the sunken Submarine morphing EVERYTHING I SAW! Everything down there gave me Stat-up thingies and I focused on giving all the Power-ups to Vincent for the longest time so when I got his Weapon I was already doing alot. Probably a combination of the two, but if you want strength, those things can really help if you keep giving them to Vincent.

Pft, it's much faster to get power sources from Heavy Tanks. Spiralers morph into Guard Sources too, and you usually get two of those per battle.

Ultima Shadow
01-31-2005, 04:51 PM
Please explain this. I thought all Vincent's Limit Break attacks were limited to 9,999 each. Does Splattercombo hit multiple times?
Yes, it does. Splattercombo can do almost to 50,000 dammage. Ofcourse... if you face 5 targets, then Chaos is still better since both his moves hits all targets. But if you only face like 1 or 2 targets (let's take Safer Sephiroth as an example) then Hellmasker is much more powerfull. 50,000 dammage almost every turn... that's actually pretty good. :cool:

Shoden
02-06-2005, 07:39 PM
dont over equip him with command and attack materia such as Fire as it reduces stats by max 10%

Narcissus Reborn
02-12-2005, 03:47 AM
Pft, it's much faster to get power sources from Heavy Tanks. Spiralers morph into Guard Sources too, and you usually get two of those per battle.

Oh really? I didn't know about that. I merely spent alot of time training in the Submarine that it was easier for me to work on stat-UPs while leveling up my charas.