PDA

View Full Version : Onion Equipment

greyt
01-17-2005, 07:50 PM
I have played and beaten FF3J, and came across references to the onion equipment, from the data on the EonFF website, I have come to the realization that they will tell you about it and astound you with the superiority of the items, but they don't mention where they can be found or bought :(. I'm going to go through the game again, but I want to know where to get these items, so I can try beating the final boss with an onion kid or two....

Anyway, any help would be appreciated, but exact locations are more sought after. Thanks.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-17-2005, 08:00 PM
You can't find them or buy them; they can only be rarely stolen from or dropped by the various dragons in Sylx Tower, which are rare to encounter in the first place. Green Dragon: Onion Shield, Onion Helmet, Onion Armor, Onion Sword
Red Dragon: Onion Shield, Onion Sword
Yellow Dragon: Onion Armlet, Onion Helmet, Onion Armor, Onion Sword

greyt
01-17-2005, 08:19 PM
awesome, thanks.

Captain Maxx Power
01-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Note on encounters : The game sets a value (in 256ths I think) for each monster group. Now the game doesn't have a % chance for a monster to appear. Rather it'll do a strange sort of "count down" based on it's rarity. In the example of dragons, if you fight on the floors where they appear for about 128 battles, then 68, then 9 then 6, before going to 175 battles. Check here (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/nes/file/final_fantasy_iii_feok.txt) for all the info you'll need on the subject.

Sir Bahamut
01-23-2005, 12:17 PM
Just to clarify something, you can't actually steal the equipment from them, which is what really makes it so rare. All you can steal from the Dragons is Elixirs.