PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 11

Joelfullwood
01-18-2005, 01:21 PM
I have been the biggest fan of final fantasy since like I was 6!!!!
Anyway I have been looking at getting FFXII for like a year now and I just found out that it isnt sold in Australia :(

Does anybody know why please help me out????

TheAbominatrix
01-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Do you mean XI or XII? Eleven or twelve? If XII, it isnt out yet. If XI, they probably dont have servers set up for Austrailia or something. Just buy it off the internet.

m4tt
01-18-2005, 08:32 PM
I am going to assume that you mean Final Fantasy XI and move this there.

If you mean Final Fantasy XII, well then of course you won't find it in Australia, because it isn't even out in America yet. :p

UltimateSpamGrover
01-19-2005, 07:17 AM
Feel free to import the European version or NA version and put your credit card information on there. It wouldn't be much different idf they did have an Austrailia version anyway, because North America, Europe, and Japan all play together.

Joelfullwood
01-19-2005, 12:33 PM
I meant Final Fantasy Eleven!!!!

I talked to my local game store and they said that the parts in it are illegal to be sold in Australia. I dont know if it is illegal to get it here though?

I may have to ask my friend when he goes to thialand again to purchase it for me.

Also should I ask to get the chains of promethia or is it not that worth the money? :confused:

Roogle
01-19-2005, 12:48 PM
You need a credit card to play it to begin with, so why not order it online and have it sent to your house directly? If you can't pay anything with a credit card, you won't be able to play the game at all.

Citizen Bleys
01-19-2005, 05:02 PM
CoP is nice for Promyvions.

Levian
01-19-2005, 05:22 PM
If you buy the European, you get Chains of Promathia + Rise of Zilart included. That's what I got at least :)

Rostum
01-19-2005, 10:37 PM
They have an Australian version. I just went a bought one (with both expansions) three weeks ago. They don't have Australian servers and they don't have American servers. They are all based in Japan (making Australia close to them).

Joelfullwood
01-19-2005, 11:16 PM
Really well where do u live? Because I cannot even get them shipped here?
Ohhhh but if you mean PC version I meant the PS2!

UltimateSpamGrover
01-19-2005, 11:25 PM
I highly suggest you get PC version, trust me, no hassle.

Rostum
01-19-2005, 11:29 PM
Really well where do u live? Because I cannot even get them shipped here?
Ohhhh but if you mean PC version I meant the PS2!

I bought it at EB games.

I meant the PC version. The PS2 version wouldn't be released here until we actually got the harddrive for the PS2 (which by my probable-out of date knowledge, hasn't been).

If you really want to get this game, you'll have to get the PC version because you will find it difficult to try and get the PS2 version to work.

Joelfullwood
01-19-2005, 11:56 PM
I relise that but I have broudband and I understand all the connections
I just got a new PC but it is so slow and the PC version will just make it alot worse.
Why is PC any better? Coz I am not a real good PC player more of a PS2 player!

UltimateSpamGrover
01-20-2005, 12:39 AM
PC, you can just install it on your PC and it automatically recognizes the internet connection, better graphics, sound, etc.

PS2, you have you set up everything manually, internet services usually charge more to play on PS2 (AOL charges five extra bucks!), and it costs ~$150 to get everything for it, PC is only $29.

...and yes I hve both PS2 and PC version of FFXI.

Joelfullwood
01-20-2005, 03:00 AM
Maybe Ill get the PC version but then buy a PS2 controller for the PC!!! thank u all

UltimateSpamGrover
01-20-2005, 03:08 AM
Very wise idea indeed. If you want to come to my world, (Garuda server) please PM me and lemme know!

Joelfullwood
01-20-2005, 06:39 AM
:D Thank you for helping me find out about it.
Do you all know if I should join a clan? If so what one?
I am gonna be an Elvaan in Sand'Oria or sumthing????
Thank you for all the help!

Citizen Bleys
01-20-2005, 12:26 PM
No such thing as clans in FFXI, closest thing is linkshells. You'll definitely get a linkshell before long.

Just a word to the wise, though: If you want to be an Elvaan in San d'Oria (as I am), don't go to the Asura server, Sandy's the bitch town there. On Alexander, my main server, it's pretty much an even match between San d'Oria and Windurst for 1st place every week. Dunno about other servers, ask around.

If you want a world pass for Alexander, let me know.

Rostum
01-20-2005, 11:30 PM
Why is PC any better? Coz I am not a real good PC player more of a PS2 player!

It's better because you live in Australia and there's no way you will be able to run the PS2 version without a PS2 Hard Drive, which isn't availble here yet. Also I can run the game at higher resolutions and max out the graphics. I also find it much easier to play with a keyboard because there are so many functions on FFXI that cannot fit into a PS2 controler.

Destai
01-22-2005, 08:34 PM
I should be playing the game soon from Europe. Does Europe ,U.S.A and Japan all play on the same server or is Europe cut off?

Roogle
01-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Everyone plays with the same servers. Why would Europe be cut off from America, Australia, and Japan? :p

Citizen Bleys
01-22-2005, 09:22 PM
Because the Japanese do not like them.

Oh, wait, they let the yanks in. n/m.

Destai
01-22-2005, 10:02 PM
thanks for that. Just wondering. Not many people play in Europe so its hard to get the facts straight.

Jarod
01-27-2005, 08:48 AM
Does anyone know if it is at all possible to get an original US version of FFXI to work on a PAL console ?

*edit. of course console meaning PS2.

Rostum
01-27-2005, 10:02 AM
Does anyone know if it is at all possible to get an original US version of FFXI to work on a PAL console ?

*edit. of course console meaning PS2.

No it won't, not even with a mod chip.

Jarod
01-28-2005, 08:42 AM
ok thanx. well. that has ruined my plans. i dont think getting a US console is worth it. i was hoping that maybe the original discs would work with swap magic or something.

Joelfullwood
01-29-2005, 04:14 AM
Yay I got it and both expansions!!!!

One problem I am having is I have installed it and all but when I try to play the game it says update version so I go ok and I do it then the dowload never finishes or ot says POL Error???

Can anyone help?

Citizen Bleys
01-29-2005, 02:14 PM
All POL errors can be corrected with a low-level format of your hard drive. That voids the warranty, though.

crashNUMBERS
02-01-2005, 02:53 AM
Yay I got it and both expansions!!!!

One problem I am having is I have installed it and all but when I try to play the game it says update version so I go ok and I do it then the dowload never finishes or ot says POL Error???

Can anyone help?

do you have any anti virus auto-protect cause it says before playing to disable and turn-off all auto-protecting tools.

Wyllius
02-01-2005, 09:40 AM
Just a word to the wise, though: If you want to be an Elvaan in San d'Oria (as I am), don't go to the Asura server, Sandy's the bitch town there.

It's actually been improving in the past few weeks, we had sandy dominance for about 3 weeks with Asstock only having one external province, think it was Elshimo, however it seems that no one nation can establish a clear lead on the other. Also Elvaan suck.

Misfit
02-01-2005, 12:21 PM
Also Elvaan suck.
dhalmel*

Levian
02-01-2005, 12:37 PM
Misfit won't PL me, and when she says she will, she decides to abandon me instead. :mad:

Misfit
02-01-2005, 01:43 PM
Misfit won't PL me, and when she says she will, she decides to abandon me instead. :mad:
Well if you would be on at normal hours of the day and NOT CLIMB ON TOP OF ROCKS AND GET AGGRO so I could FIND you... then I'd PL you. ^_^