PDA

View Full Version : Busted's Demise

Jack
01-18-2005, 03:35 PM
Right.
Now Busted have split up, maybe it is time to re-evaluate the band. YES they were Pop people dressed in "rock" clothes
YES they barely looked 18
YES they sang songs about simple stuff (Air Hostess?)

However...
YES they never claimed they were rock, they just liked it
YES they were a breath of fresh air in boy bands
YES they made good Pop music.
YES they didn't outstay their welcome (Westlife: STOP)

So why did people HATE them? I could understand liking them. But HATE? Bit extreme don't you think?
So what were people's opinion on them? And if you HATE them, why?

m4tt
01-18-2005, 03:42 PM
I don't hate them because I have no idea who they are.

Pure Strife
01-18-2005, 04:42 PM
It was pretty nice to see something with guitars consistantly in the top 10, like finding a pound in jeans that just came out of the washing machine. and they were pretty good with hooks, all their songs were catchy enough, just not my thing. It would also have been damn nice to hear the odd solo too.

Silmaril
01-18-2005, 05:06 PM
I thought the lead singer was cute. I just liked one song though, the one about the Teacher.

Zell's Fists of Fury
01-18-2005, 05:10 PM
I'm going to go with <s>Matty Pie</s> Lord Krang on this one.

Wuggly Blight
01-18-2005, 06:39 PM
they was awful, talentless clones, who couldnt sing but mimed. Even the lead singer thinks there pretty lame.

Oh yes, and they was VERY dated.
...If you don't know who they are... why did you post to say so...?

NM
01-18-2005, 06:47 PM
Good riddance to another talentless manufactured band, created by the music industry. If people stopped buying the rubbish then they'd stop producing them.

Doomgaze
01-18-2005, 07:50 PM
Who?

MJN SEIFER
01-18-2005, 08:01 PM
I didn't hate them.

I was quite into there music but that that much... Infact Their "Thunderbird" song was the only one I really liked.

But "Year 3000"? GOD NO!!

boris no no
01-18-2005, 10:25 PM
i never hated them. i just really disliked them.
they did good catchy pop songs but nothing really,.....musical.
i do think its funny that charlies going on with his rock band....how many people will like them?? i know many rock fans...he'll be murdered.

sorry this has to be done
.hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

and done

Pure Strife
01-18-2005, 10:34 PM
I quite liked Charlie's bands new stuff. It's not brilliant but it's nice pop-rock, better than Busted anyway.

www.fightstarmusic.com or something. Terrible name though.

EDIT: There's the real site.

boris no no
01-18-2005, 10:40 PM
I quite liked Charlie's bands new stuff. It's not brilliant but it's nice pop-rock, better than Busted anyway.

www.fightstar.com or something. Terrible name though.
thats a martial arts website!! d'oh!! :p it is a bad name...but no better then busted

Doc Sark
01-18-2005, 10:40 PM
I hated them because....they sparked a string of clone bands all trying to be them and it got really irritating. I can understand why girls would fancy the lead singer, Charlie, and they get some popularity out of that, but the other two???? My god, I wanted to poke myself in the eye just looking at them. I found their lyrics childish and dumb, which works in pop music but not for me I'm afraid. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

tomamar04
01-19-2005, 07:29 AM
For all American's who don't know who they were:

They were a very average band, 80% Pop, 20% Rock.
They've had 4 number 1's in Britain (I think) and they split last week.

But this sort of music is still around (McFly, Noise Next Door etc.)

Jack
01-19-2005, 10:05 AM
talentless

Even if we agree with all the other expected comments:
They can't sing
They can't play guitars
They were manufactured

It must be remarkable for someone with no "talent" to get so much popularity. Whether you like it or not, even the most inane dance music has a degree of talent behind it. A better description would be (if we want to think like you) that they "lacked true musical talent". Every one has a talent. Even Busted.

I found their lyrics childish and dumb, which works in pop music but not for me I'm afraid.

They made Pop music, hence the lyrics. If you don't like Pop music, then that's okay. But to damn them simply cause of that is pointless IMO. It's like saying a Yahama keyboard is pathetic because I hate keyboards.

they did good catchy pop songs but nothing really,.....musical.

There you go! It's true, but they never aspired to be anything but that. Comapred to Avril laviegfne who claims she's punk, Busted should be applauded.

If people stopped buying the rubbish then they'd stop producing them.
Off subject... If people stopped buying the rubbish, the companies would be more reluctent to take risks with new bands. Like it or not, Busted and their ilke are a good source of money and profit. This profit can can be spread to new bands that are not "rubbish".
Lack of money means they'll stick with gurranteed money makers: Micheal Jackson, U2, Kylie... Acts that have been a round and always get money. "Rubbish" is needed to give other bands lift nowadays.

Doc Sark
01-19-2005, 10:45 AM
They made Pop music, hence the lyrics. If you don't like Pop music, then that's okay. But to damn them simply cause of that is pointless IMO. It's like saying a Yahama keyboard is pathetic because I hate keyboards.

Yeah, great analogy. Actually I didn't damn them simply because of their poor lyrics, I stated other reasons too. I found the ugly two arrogant in interviews, their cover of teenage kicks at the Brits was the most horrible thing I have ever heard, they thought they were so big because they swore on national T.V, I also didn't find their songs musically adventurous or stimulating. Yes they were catchy, but catchy became annoying. Hate maybe a strong word to describe my feelings for Busted but i would definitely say I had a strong dislike for them. Why should I like or respect a group that in my opinion make poor quality songs that get on my nerves? I can enjoy pop music in various forms but not Busted, or McFly or the Noise Next Door and I imagine I'll feel exactly the same way about Fightstar. The best thing about Busted was their marketing, little girls everywhere loved them, oh and the fact that they split up. I'd like to reiterate. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

NM
01-19-2005, 10:53 AM
If people stopped buying the rubbish, the companies would be more reluctent to take risks with new bands.

No if they stopped churning out manufactured bands they'd actually have to go find proper musicians, who write there own song's and music. The one's who spend years practicing in a garage and gigging round venue's for years to try and get a record deal. Do you think Busted had to do that?

boris no no
01-19-2005, 12:07 PM
There you go! It's true, but they never aspired to be anything but that. Comapred to Avril laviegfne who claims she's punk, Busted should be applauded.
that is true....she sucks!!
its just the jumping.....it got a bit annoying

Captain Maxx Power
01-19-2005, 12:16 PM
This is from a country that put the likes of the Spice Girls at the top of the charts. In comparison Busted weren't that bad. True I didn't like them, but at least they didn't use terms such as "Zigaziga" :mad:

Tanwen Strife
01-19-2005, 07:29 PM
True. No Zigazigs. Busted had their place, and they knew where there place was. Others tried to make them rock, but not themselves. They had some good songs, and some... awful ones. At least they did play their own instruments though I admit I do wonder how they managed to produce a decent sounding song with 3 lead guitars, no bass and no drums...

Pure Strife
01-19-2005, 07:34 PM
True. No Zigazigs. Busted had their place, and they knew where there place was. Others tried to make them rock, but not themselves. They had some good songs, and some... awful ones. At least they did play their own instruments though I admit I do wonder how they managed to produce a decent sounding song with 3 lead guitars, no bass and no drums...

I remember seeing ages ago on CD:UK them saying something along the lines of "Everyone's saying we're trying to be punk, but we're not a punk band, we're a pop band". The one with the black hair played bass and I believe they have a live/tour drummer. They were like a watered-down/popped-up Green Day or Blink, and much like Good Charlotte are at least exposing kids to guitars so they don't look at rock bands and go "eugh" for no reason. Hopefully.

Yeah, I watched a few episodes of "Busted or America". Sue me.

Agent Proto
01-19-2005, 07:57 PM
I never heard of Busted, so I don't hate or like them. In fact, I think it's a good thing I haven't heard of them at all.

MJN SEIFER
01-19-2005, 08:31 PM
found their lyrics childish and dumb, which works in pop music but not for me I'm afraid.
They made Pop music, hence the lyrics. If you don't like Pop music, then that's okay. But to damn them simply cause of that is pointless IMO. It's like saying a Yahama keyboard is pathetic because I hate keyboards

Yes. Busted where VERY childish in there songs (A few lines in "Year 3000" spings instantly to mind here...) but What's this crap about ALL Pop music being childish? Since when?

Itsunari 2000
02-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Busted ?

Oh my god ... * vomits violently *

o_O
02-02-2005, 12:28 AM
I never hated them. I hated their music, but I must say, at least they weren't dancing around in G strings; at least their songs had a tune, unlike this rap crap that gets churned out at twice the volume of pop. :p

Take that Snoop Dog (or whatever he calls himself these days) song - Drop it like it's Hot, for example. I saw Top of the Pops on T.V, and was astounded to find that a song literally with <i>no music</i> within managed to make it into the top ten. There is a man talking with some clicking noises in the background. It's not even rhythmic - he doesn't even manage to talk in time with the clicks. :/

I don't like hearing people claim that bands are "a bunch of idiots" or "musically retarded" because of their record companies' ideas. Sure they don't write their music, but hey - they play their instruments, or at least look good doing it, which is more than a fair amount of the population could do.

But I didn't like Busted. Not my kind of music at all. xD

krissy
02-02-2005, 01:11 AM
Busted's Demise is a better band name than Busted

Rye
02-02-2005, 11:08 AM
Didn't it say something about Busted's demise in the new Weebl and Bob cartoon? I think it made fun of some guy's eyebrows. I dunno who Busted is really, I'm not British.

Rainecloud
02-02-2005, 05:29 PM
I don't hate them, I just hate their terrible music.

Shoden
02-02-2005, 10:43 PM
i liked some of Busted's early songs but the ones before they split sucked i never liked the band itself so i never went to concerts i prefer D12, Danzel, Eric Prydz and Nakatomi the best