PDA

View Full Version : ESPN NFL 2K5 vs. Madden 2005

Strider
01-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Before the NFL video game competition series slides into oblivion, I thought I'd see who thought which NFL game was the best this season. With the whole licensing agreement, EA Sports will have sole possession of the rights to use player names, stadiums, etc.

This year, after playing both games several times, I'm kinda partial to the ESPN edition of the 2004 season.

Agent Proto
01-18-2005, 06:21 PM
I liked ESPN NFL2k5 better, maybe because I own the game. It's easy to play and not too complicated. However, my biggest complaint has to be the voice. Every player sounds like a black player in the post-game interview.

Also, it's likely that SEGA will also lose the contract with ESPN, as EA Sports got a deal with them for 15 years. Hopefully, that'll probably end the Madden and start something new from EA.

Raistlin
01-18-2005, 10:22 PM
I haven't played 2k5, but Madden's always been the best football game, and I can't see that changing.

Del Murder
01-19-2005, 02:58 AM
I am very Madden loyal.

edczxcvbnm
01-19-2005, 05:55 AM
ESPN. I don't like EA sports. The interface in the Madden series blows and I prefer to do the management side of things. ESPN is so much faster.

m4tt
01-19-2005, 03:26 PM
I am very Madden loyal.
Me too.

Agent Proto
01-19-2005, 08:07 PM
ESPN. I don't like EA sports. The interface in the Madden series blows and I prefer to do the management side of things. ESPN is so much faster.

The Madden games do the management side of things too. It just takes too long to do. :(

Clouded Sky
01-19-2005, 11:34 PM
i must say, i was loyal to sir madden, but when espn came out this year for $20 and weeks ahead of madden, i had to pick it up. now i'm really not looking forward to having to go back to madden next year. everything just seems easier in ESPN - in a good way - more streamlined. plus all my friends have it so we can use our memory cards and beat the snot out of each other with our uber franchise teams

edczxcvbnm
01-20-2005, 01:06 AM
The Madden games do the management side of things too. It just takes too long to do. :(

I know they do but they royally suck at it. From what I played of 2004 it took forever to load any menu. If I wanted to sign a tight end I had to scroll through half the positions to even see the tightends because they pooled all the positions together.

ESPN is really nice. They let you sort and it is done instantly and not 10 seconds from when you wanted it done. I was going to wait till next year to get a new NFL game but now I have to go pick up 2K5 because it might be the last good football game I see for a long while.

Ryth
02-02-2005, 02:09 AM
ESPN schooled Madden this year it was better in nearly every department and it has a low price.