PDA

View Full Version : FMV's Anyone? Please?

neverforgetthem625
01-18-2005, 08:21 PM
Okay, I found this site that had the FMV's for a few FF games, I think I found the link somewhere on this site...but now I can't find it, and I want to show it to my friend. If you could post a link, tell me where it is (it was free, no stupid animetheme.com) or anything, that would be great. Thanks

ShivaBlizzard8
01-18-2005, 08:26 PM
http://ffspirit.net has Final Fantasy X-2 FMVs, as does Final Revelation: http://www.final-revelation.net/ffx2/videoclips.html

However, I just ripped my own from the game disc.

Appless
01-19-2005, 12:53 AM
How do you rip them from the game disc?

ShivaBlizzard8
01-19-2005, 04:15 AM
Unfortunately, X-2 FMVs are more difficult to rip than the other FFs, because no one has created a one step program to do it, such as PSXmc which is a easy one-step FMV ripping program for the older PSX games. However, its not that hard - you just have to download a bunch of free programs and follow a walkthrough.

I used this Guide (http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=29514&highlight=rip+ps2+fmv+guide+ffx2) from animemusicvideos.org, and it worked fine for FFX-2. It didn't work for X, though, but I did find a one-step program for ripping FFX vids, its called something like FFXMOV or something. It's not hard to find.

rubah
01-19-2005, 11:55 PM
ffx2mov is a beauty.

ffx-2 ripping is a pain. I mean, it's a pain. My computer yelled low disk warnings at me for a long time with just a couple of them uncompressed on there. Then I remembered that I hadn't used shift-delete and they were still hanging in the recycle bin.

Honestly, AMV.org is probably your best bet. They're awesome. Takes a while to download everything you'll need, and it takes a while to rip, and it takes a while to wade through to find the 11 files you'll get, but it's way more. . .'fun' than downloading them.

plus they're the full quality:)

what you'll need:
dvd drive,
enough cpu power to be able to keep an explorer window with about 10000 files in it. (mine tends to die when I have about 30000. makes manual cache cleaning a pain if I forget to do it;))
to remember that you'll only get about 11. most scenes are rendered, and you'll have to use a capture card if you want them.

of course, I believe the Org explains all this:)

Appless
01-20-2005, 12:49 AM
How big are the full quality movies? Like for instance the 1000 words FMV? That's my favourite :D

rubah
01-20-2005, 02:59 AM
in the m2v format(sans music) the ending is 131mb. I dont' remember if I compressed them or not before burning them. I'm not about to rerip them to check:P The spring is 159mb, and iirc, when I put it in an uncompressed avi with the music, it bloated up to 1-3 gb. I think it was about that. I reckon 1000 words would probably be about the same. I can't find it, so I'm making a rough guesstimate.

a little bit of compression never *really* hurt anyone. . . not with videos and small harddrives.

ShivaBlizzard8
01-20-2005, 05:28 AM
I compressed them to avi, then mpgs so I could feed them into my editing program, and they still looked top-notch quality - one of the perks of directly ripping the stuff.

My mpg of 1000 words is an easily managable 45 MB, and looks like it did when it came off the disc.

Recompressing AFTER editing so I could upload my music videos to the .org and maintain visual quality is another story. *kicks Divx*

Appless
01-20-2005, 06:03 AM
Also how do I actually compress them to avi format?

ShivaBlizzard8
01-20-2005, 05:43 PM
By using DVD2AVI a free program you can download. It explains this in the guide I posted earlier. ;)

Appless
01-21-2005, 01:40 AM
*smacks self on the head*

Final questions.

1. How big will the ISO of FFX-2 be?

2. How do you then convert the avi to mpg?

ShivaBlizzard8
01-24-2005, 12:37 AM
I don't remember the exact size of the ISO, but it was big - probably about 1 GB. Fortunately, you don't need to keep the file for long.

To convert to mpg, I just googled a free converter - I use the trial version of FX mpg converter, because it doesn't leave watermarks or any labels on the footage.