PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool out, back it up everyone, nothing to see here.

Doc Sark
01-18-2005, 10:46 PM
Get your jibes in while you can. I thought I'd make this thread before somebody else does.

Burnley 1-0 Liverpool thanks to a beauty of own goal by Traore. It's not going the reds way at the moment, what with the lucky goal against united and now this. Been a bad week.

It was a terrible display. Why play a reserve team against a side that have not conceded in 9 games at home or something stupid. An experienced Championship side, not some mickey mouse Conference club. I think tonight showed Rafa Benitez making his first big mistake in Engliah football, undermining the importance of the F.A Cup to Liverpool fans, and all English football fans. Anyway. Take your pot shots. I can take it.

Skogs
01-18-2005, 11:14 PM
Ah, the beauty of the FA cup...

*snicker*

Doc Sark
01-18-2005, 11:22 PM
Is that the best you got Skogs. Imagine it was your team (who is your team), imagine the abuse I would rain down upon that team. You can do better than that mate.

NM
01-19-2005, 12:13 AM
Well I got sick of watching after 70 mins. I think that's the poorest display by Liverpool this season. Why Benitez fielded the kids again I don't know. There's 4 days until our next game against Southampton so why not field more of the seniors. We needed someone like Didi Hamman playing to give the midfield some strength. Biscan, Nunez, Potter & Warnock was a weak line up to put in the middle of the park.

Oh well, there's always next season. Hopfully Benitez has learnt his lesson.

tomamar04
01-19-2005, 07:23 AM
I'm sorry, I've just got to laugh

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p !

By the way, is it me, or are own goals getting more ridicoulous every week?

Polaris
01-19-2005, 10:32 AM
Who's in the 1st and second place?

Doc Sark
01-19-2005, 10:33 AM
Yeah laugh it up boy, it won't seem so funny when Man Utd seemingly endless supply of good fortune runs out in the most spectacular fashion.

I agree with you NM, we were rubbish. Biscan was woeful and our strike force was none existent. Potter upfront? The Burnley fans were asking a legitimate question when they chanted "Who are you." We looked so much better when Baros finally came on but yep, worst Liverpool display ever. Terrible.

Cz
01-19-2005, 05:27 PM
I'll say nothing, provided you agree to do the same when we inevitably crash out of the competition. :D

gokufusionss1
01-19-2005, 05:36 PM
sorry i don't watch football, and have no idea what you are talking about. Liverwho?

Doc Sark
01-19-2005, 06:45 PM
Its a deal Czech Republic.

Erm Divinity, you must have the F.A Cup confused with the Premiership. The F.A is a knockout competition and its only just finishing its third round.

tomamar04
01-19-2005, 07:12 PM
If you did mean the Premiership, Chelsea are 1st, 10pts ahead of Assenhole aka Arsenal, who are a single point ahead of Man Utd.

NM
01-19-2005, 08:45 PM
If you did mean the Premiership, Chelsea are 1st, 10pts ahead of Assenhole aka Arsenal, who are a single point ahead of Man Utd.

That should read, If you did mean the Premiership, Chelsea are 1st, 10pts ahead of Assenhole aka Arsenal, who are a single point ahead of Man Utd aka, The Scum.

Sorry couldn't resist. :D

Cz
01-19-2005, 09:04 PM
If you did mean the Premiership, Chelsea are 1st, 10pts ahead of Assenhole aka Arsenal, who are a single point ahead of Man Utd.Assenhole doesn't appear to be an English word, so I'll assume you meant 'Assen Hole' which roughly translates into German as 'Would Get Aces'. In other words, we're Ace.

I appreciate your compliment, good sir. Best of luck in the qualifying rounds of next season's Champions' League. :D

EDIT: That's one contrived joke. :D

Doc Sark
01-19-2005, 10:35 PM
Not a very well contrived one either.

Psychotic
01-19-2005, 10:44 PM
I appreciate your compliment, good sir. Best of luck in the qualifying rounds of next season's Champions' League. :DLike we'll even qualify for those rounds... :(

Doc Sark
01-19-2005, 11:46 PM
It's not looking good at the moment but Liverpool have tendency to put the fans through the ringer and then pull through.

Skogs
01-20-2005, 02:00 AM
Is that the best you got Skogs. Imagine it was your team (who is your team), imagine the abuse I would rain down upon that team. You can do better than that mate.

I don't have a team. :meditate:

tomamar04
01-20-2005, 07:45 AM
Assenhole doesn't appear to be an English word, so I'll assume you meant 'Assen Hole' which roughly translates into German as 'Would Get Aces'. In other words, we're Ace.

I appreciate your compliment, good sir. Best of luck in the qualifying rounds of next season's Champions' League. :D

EDIT: That's one contrived joke. :D

You're so funny. HAHAHA (by the way, that was sarcasm)

Resha
01-20-2005, 03:30 PM

That was MEAN! :mad2: And Chelsea stink. Why don't they just...I don't know...bloody buy the whole Premiership? It'll be a lot faster.

And I won't laugh, because I feel sorry for Liverpool. :cry:

Cz
01-20-2005, 05:18 PM
Not a very well contrived one either. I blame the German Language. It was certainly nothing to do with my own incompetance. :)

Last night's match was rather entertaining, don't you think? United obviously deserved the win, but they didn't steamroller Exeter as might have been expected. It was a shame that Rooney scored when he did, or we might have had a frantic last few minutes. Instead, it killed Exeter off at the worst possible time.

Doc Sark
01-20-2005, 07:43 PM
I was referring to the original "Assenhole" joke, not your German joke. I thought you were referring to the original joke too when you said that is was contrived. Thought you were being sarcastic! It was funny.

Exeter did themselves justice, they didn't get hammered and acted as great ambassadors for the lower leagues. As well as giving Utd more than a run for their money. Fair play to 'em.

tomamar04
01-20-2005, 08:03 PM
At last someone agrees with me...

At college today, most of my mates were saying Exeter deserved to win. Even though United were average, and Exeter played out of their skins in the second half, no one can deny that United deserved to win

gokufusionss1
01-20-2005, 09:00 PM
probably, but it's still fun to say exeter should of won, good fellow wessexians.

Doc Sark
01-20-2005, 09:13 PM
And the fact that united couldn't finish them off at Old Trafford....

Its fun to wind up United fans because 99% of them can't see beyond their arrogant noses when it comes to acknowledging when they have been bettered.

tomamar04
01-21-2005, 07:18 AM

Its fun to wind up United fans because 99% of them can't see beyond their arrogant noses when it comes to acknowledging when they have been bettered.

That's probably true!

But at least we're not living in the past *cough*Liverpool*cough*.

Doc Sark
01-21-2005, 10:05 AM
Another common scum misconception. Utd fans find it hard to understand why Liverpool fans have such high expectations of their team. And it is because, Liverpool are the most successful team in English history. Ask any Liverpool fan what he wants to see from his team and that's the premiership title. That doesn't constitute living in the past, under the new regime Liverpool fans are very much living in the now and looking to the future for success under Rafa Benitez and to perhaps bring some glory back to Anfield.

So what are you talking about? Geez, it's like racism but you're all the same.

NM
01-21-2005, 11:01 AM
tomamar04. You seem to be foregting that it took something like 25 years for Man Utd to win the title again.

So that's all us Liverpool fans want, the league title back at Anfield. I don't expect them to do what was done in the 70's & 80's, and doubt many Liverpool fans expect that. We aren't living in the past we just want our team were they deserve to be. Top of the table at the end of the season.

tomamar04
01-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Yes, Liverpool are still a great team, but it could be a VERY long time before they are a top 3 team. I doubt they'll finish even in the Champions League places this year, with any luck, it'll be Everton or Boro who finish 4th.

By the way, I may have been a bit harsh, My best friend is a Liverpool fan, he comes out with some s**t sometimes. He keeps on rabbiting on about how Liverpool have won so many league titles. I may have had a stereotypical view of all Liverpool fans from him.

aeris2001x2
01-21-2005, 08:17 PM

I must be the 1%!. I fully acknowledge our luck in the recent liverpool and spurs games...even though i believered we did enough 2 win both.

Man U were crap on wednesday, but fantastic display Exeter.

I also acknowledge Man U being bettered. What the hell happaned at Portsmouth? Our reserve side got hammered at Fenerbache. Chelsea got one over on us again at the start of the season and i have no idea how we drew with exeter at home. And then there was the 4-1 hammering at Man C last season :( ...

On Liverpool, i think Benitez can get them back to a top side, but this season Everton should have champions league in the bag. I would say they would possibly go off the rails...but they proved against middlesborough they are not going to let the 7 point lead go so easy.

Next Year though i think Liverpool will start challenging for titles, escpically when the injured players return.

And oh, they will knock out Leverkusen.

Shoden
01-21-2005, 10:24 PM
Newcastle united would of had a similar outcome if they lost to yeaden thankfully they won without shearer, the thing is Liverpool played terrible there but Liverpool is a good team even though they did have a close shave in the Champions league thanks to qualifying asshole titus brambell made newcaslte play in the UEFA cup anyway who do they play next?

the 4th round ite Newcastle Vs Goventry city

i rem wehn Sunderland lost to portsmouth it was hillarious

Doc Sark
01-21-2005, 11:15 PM
How are Everton going to seriously compete in Europe without Gravesen? They will fall off the pace due to their tiny squad size. The fact that Liverpool are ABOVE middlesboro in the league and only 7 points away from an Everton team who has had its heart ripped out of it, suggests that anyone writing us off getting a champions league spot this year would be a fool.

Also, what's this crap about being not being a top three team. We have had two top three finishes in the last five seasons, more than any other team outside of the top three, therefore we are top three challengers. Had it not been for the plethora of injuries this season we may well have been closer to the top three. Don't make silly statements that you can't back out. Liverpool are very rarely outside of the top four challenging for third place at least. With the exception of Houllier's last two years in charge.

NM
01-22-2005, 08:01 PM
There's no chance Everton can stay in forth place. Every year there's a suprise team in 4th place and they always end up 8th or there abouts come the end of the season.

Plus if Arsenal or Man Utd had, had the injury proplems Liverpoll have suffered they'ed be in the same position. Chelsea are the only team who could cope with the loss of that many quality players.

Emily52
01-22-2005, 09:12 PM
Come on CHELSEA!!!!!!!

Chelsea stink.
NO THEY DON'T. *Offended*

The year 10's at my school call me Kezman (I know he's crap) because i wore the black chelsea away shirt to school once, and it has Kezman on the back!

tomamar04
01-23-2005, 06:40 PM
Man United have had the injury problems Liverpool had;

Rooney was out for 3 months,
van Nistelrooy is out on a long-term injury,
Gary Neville was injured for several weeks over Christmas,
So was Ferdinand,
and Giggs,
Saha has been injured almost from the beginning of the season until a few weeks ago,
Ronaldo and Heinze (two of our most influential players) were at the Olympics and missed the beginning of the season.

I also believe Silvestre, Scholes and Keane have had niggling injuries.

In fact our only first-team outfield players that haven't been injured have been Fletcher and Smith.

Doc Sark
01-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Heinze hadn't even played for United in the premiership so you couldn't say he was influential at the time of the olympics. Anyway that's different, its the players choice whether they play in that mickey mouse tournament, so the players fault they are out of action, unlike injuries. Ferdinand getting himself a ban also doesn't count because it's his own stupid fault. The odd game he has missed since haven't amounted to anything significant. Scholes has missed like 3 league games all season so has Keane. Boo hoo. And lets face it with strikers like Man U's, they should be doing better than they are in the league anyway. I can remember only one league game this season where Man Utd "HAD" to field a lone striker in Alan Smith because of the injuries to Ruud, Rooney and Saha. Man Utd have had about five or six major injuries this season and at the end of the day, Man Utd have got the money and the pulling power to sort these miniscule problems out, most other clubs in the Premiership don't have that kind of money. I'm beginning to think you are one of those people that doesn't think about what they are saying. It's easy to have your judgement clouded by the Man Utd - Liverpool rivalry but seriously, get your facts right.

Gerrard, Finnan, Josemi, Kirkland, Garcia, Nunez, Cisse, Baros, Hyppia, Kewell, Nunez, Smicer and Alonso have all had lengthy injuries that have kept them out for more than just one or two games. Hyppia (hip) is now injured, Kewell (groin) is still injured, Cisse (leg) is out for the season, Smicer (knee) has been out all season, as was Nunez up until just before xmas, Alonso (ankle) til april, Kirkland (back) til April plus an injury at the beginning of the year, Josemi (knee) still out, on top of all the current injuries we lost Gerrard for 2 months and Garcia and Baros for six weeks, all around the same time as losing Cisse. It's not enough to count up your injured players and go, "oh there you go we've had the same injury crisis." Rubbish, the only team that have had it as bad injury wise, probably worse in fact is Southampton. And look at them.....mweh and possibly Middlesbrough.

tomamar04
01-23-2005, 07:37 PM
I'm not going to deny it, supporting United has turned me into a self-centred, arrogant guy (in football terms only), and with being self-centred and arrogant, I often don't like to admit I'm wrong. But I didn't realise how bad Liverpool's injury list has been.

But you've got to admit, United have had it worse than Chelsea and Arsenal.

Oh and I'm sorry that your injury poblems stopped you from winning against 18th in the table Southampton. I salute you Peter Crouch, you lanky legend! :p :p (god, I did have a good laugh Saturday, around 2.30)

Doc Sark
01-24-2005, 01:42 AM
It's Liverpool tradition. Every season we have to lose to a team fighting for their lives...Ipswich, Bradford, Watford, Southampton, the list goes on.

I think it might have been the same sort of amusement the rest of the country got when Portsmouth just as easily beat United earlier this season. For the second season running. Yakubu you miniscule master. Oh i did have a good laugh that day.

NM
01-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Let us not forget that United also lost to Wolves last season as well. So i'm sure there'll be a bad result left for Man U somwhere between now and May.

We will have our vengence in this season or the next. Or something like that. :D

tomamar04
01-25-2005, 07:22 AM
They probably will pick up a bad result, but it's even more likely that Arsenal will, and as Chelsea has practically won the title, that is why I think Man United will finish 2nd.

Oh, and Charlton for the Champions League! (qualification, of course)

Doc Sark
01-25-2005, 11:25 AM
Yeah. Because they weren't in a similar position this time last year and ended up finishing about 8th. Charlton. Please.

Polaris
01-26-2005, 10:11 AM

:lol: I bet that Man Utd. will come to the 2nd place!

Doc Sark
01-26-2005, 04:26 PM
Oh it just gets better and better.

Pongolle has torn his anterior cruciate ligament. Won't see him back this season. Bloody spindly legged freak. At least we're in the final of one competition.

tomamar04
01-26-2005, 06:41 PM
Yeah, being runners-up in the Carling Cup can't be too bad... :p

They way Liverpool have been playing since he arrived, Morientes will be out of Liverpool before the 2005-2006 season starts.

gokufusionss1
01-26-2005, 07:14 PM
yes more injuries at this rate they'll have to let me play for the team.

Doc Sark
01-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Yeah, being runners-up in the Carling Cup can't be too bad...

They way Liverpool have been playing since he arrived, Morientes will be out of Liverpool before the 2005-2006 season starts.

What are you talking about?

Shoden
01-27-2005, 09:36 PM
Manchester United lost to Chelsea who i think may win the cup and the premiership

Doc Sark
01-27-2005, 09:49 PM
Yes. They probably will.

Shoden
01-27-2005, 10:00 PM
im getting sick of Man U s cocky attitude and Chelsea's aswell towards buying players how did the manager get all that money? sure Man U maybe a famous team but they arent the best and with that attitude they may never be as rumours say Rooney was forced to go to Man U when he was meant to stay at Everton if only he went to the Toon army instead.

even though im a fan of Newcastle i hate the manager Souness no wonder the squad hasnt been playing 100% they cant go out before matches cant enjoy themselves or anything Bellamy should tell Souness that the players arent happy as he is the only one who will stand up to souness.

Doc Sark
01-27-2005, 10:12 PM
Chelsea got all their money from the pound fairy. Otherwise known as Roman Abrahmovic, you might have heard of him. He is the richest man in England.

JunotDe
01-27-2005, 11:44 PM
SL Benfica reached the Portuguese Cup quarter-finals, beating Sporting Clube de Portugal 7-6 on penalties following a 3-3 draw at the Luz stadium.

Thats Right!! BEEEEENNNFFIICCCAAA!!!

EPL makes me laugh

Doc Sark
01-28-2005, 01:44 AM
What the hell is this? A thread originally made to talk about Liverpool's embarassing exit from the F.A Cup has now incorporated everything from Chelsea to Benfica. Does anyone remember how to use the NEW TOPIC button.

Geez.

....anyway, congrats Benfica.

tomamar04
01-28-2005, 07:16 AM
I prefer Porto...and Boavista

Doc Sark
01-28-2005, 11:42 AM
Great. Make a new thread about it then.

Please someone shut this thread!!!

Polaris
01-28-2005, 11:52 AM
Hey u guys know about portuguese football, anyway Benfica deserved to win, Sporting are a bunch of conviced people that don't win a cup!

Boavista this year is giving us a lot of fight! Have u seen their stadium, outside is a total monument!

Doc Sark
01-28-2005, 12:11 PM
.....so its portuguese football now.

Xander
01-28-2005, 12:57 PM
Closing on Doc Sark's request and because this has gone off-topic.