PDA

View Full Version : Damn you IE! >.<!!

eternalshiva
01-18-2005, 10:48 PM
Hello oh gurus of the internet!

I'm currently having an issue that prevents me from being able to access my e-mail from both Hotmail and eyeonff.com... Like... I'll get to the page listing all my new message then I click on the link to let me READ it and I get either a blank page (no error messages nothing.. just a blank page with the word done on the bottom left corner) I did notice that when I have my mouse over my link, it says javascript:/urlcodeinserthere same with my online banking... It only does it to certain websites Like the password page to my banking or even the main password access page to Hotmail. It's just BLANK.

I have IE (I know Unne, IE sucks boo teh deathzors) but I have tried to download software to see if I had a virus or something, but I can't even get the links to work, promps that javascript thing in the code bar... so.. what's my problem? Ah, and I can't get the Windows Update page to open, just shows me a blank page again >.<

It's been three days and I have a lot of mail :x

EDIT: In case this means anything, I can't see the adds anymore in the little add rectangle up on the Forum page... under the header thing.. it's all red... leads to me to conclude that maybe I'm having a java issue of some kind? <-- internet dumb

Kirobaito
01-19-2005, 12:00 AM
Well, not to be Unne or anything, but either download <a href="http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox">Firefox</a> or reinstall Windows.

Psychotic
01-19-2005, 12:12 AM
But how could she download Firefox if downloading isn't working?

MecaKane
01-19-2005, 12:14 AM
Reinstall windows it is, then.

NM
01-19-2005, 12:20 AM
You don't have anything like McAfee privacy service or similar installed do you? If you do try disabeling it. I had problem's with certain website's loading, turned out to be McAfee privacy service blocking it, turned it of and things worked fine.

§håd0w
01-19-2005, 12:31 AM
Never had problems with Firefox; it's by far superior in all ways, plus it's just plain sexier.

SomethingBig
01-19-2005, 02:29 AM
You don't have anything like McAfee privacy service or similar installed do you? If you do try disabeling it. I had problem's with certain website's loading, turned out to be McAfee privacy service blocking it, turned it of and things worked fine.
That works. And have you any anti-virus/spam software on your computer? That helps.

eternalshiva
01-19-2005, 08:06 AM
Yeah I have all that stuff... Can I just reinstall IE? I'll install Firefox and see if that helps any.

EDIT @_@ Firefox fixed the problem :D you can close this thread now ^_^

Doomgaze
01-19-2005, 08:31 AM
Welcome, child, to enlightenment.

Citizen Bleys
01-19-2005, 12:14 PM
You're probably infected with spyware. Try an MSCONFIG.

Max
01-24-2005, 02:26 AM
GET FIREFOX!