PDA

View Full Version : Did ya Know?

Bubbles1230
01-19-2005, 02:51 AM
Okay, i know just about evey secret in FF7 ever made.(how? Cuz im just good like that :cool: ) Neway, did you know that you can return to The First Continent after Corel Prison and the Chocobo race, when you get the buggy? im sure you did, But do you know bout
-the sleeping man?(right across from the forests near Condor, theres a stream. go to the shallowest point and cross. theres a cave somewhere round there. go in and he'll tell you things. like how many times you've fought. if the last 2 digits in that number are the same, he'll wake up and give you a free bolt ring or Mythril. you can get one, but you gotta fight 11 more times to get the other. the music is really funny.lol. p.s. if he doesnt tell you how many times you've fought, keep exiting and entering. Eventually he'll tell ya.)
-Secret in Junon?( when you go back through junon, youll pass through a tunnel with soldiers practicing. throw the alam near them and run around like crazy and encounter tons of level 47 monsters that are deadly and hard to kill. [shouldnt do it till Level 23] however, theyre worth thousands of gil, as well as hundreds of exp and ap. gains tons of level in few fights! definitly worht it. My own personal tip, use aqualung and 1 other summon to kill them easily, and if your hp and mp get low, go to a really cheap hotel nearby[only 30 gil] and rest.)
-Return to condor-( go back 2 Ft. condor with llots of gil and do the battle again! if you beat the enemy, you get a peace ring! )
you can post here if you have any ??? and i will post new random secrets evey week!

GooeyToast
01-19-2005, 02:10 PM
Cool info. I didn't know about the ring at Condor or the fact that the guy in the cave would give you a ring too.

I'm on my third playthrough right know and I'm trying to find all the secrets this game has to offer.

Keep me posted if you find any more. :)

Naughty Tifa
01-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Well, I didn't know the Junon thing. :D

But I'm through with secrets...ect. I'm just about done with playing it, sadly. It's been great! :(

Rock&Roll
01-19-2005, 04:44 PM
Something I noticed the last time I played through--

After fighting Ultimate Weapon in the crater near Junon in disk 2, he flies off in some random direction and you have to crash into him until he starts flying strait towards one of the reactors in the world. After defeating him at the new location he disapears and you have to scour the entire world to find him again. I thought he appeared in a random location at first, but it seems he returns to the crater near Junon each time you defeat him and he starts flying around from there. So after each battle rush back to Junon quick enough and he should be around there somewhere.

I'm not 100% sure if this is correct, but It worked for me. I remember the first time I played the game, this quest took me over an hour to complete - using this method it took about 10 minutes.

Kamrusepas
01-19-2005, 05:18 PM
to Bubbles:
Just one question: how do I get to the sleeping man's cave? My Buggy's on another continent.
And another question too: where is the hallways with the practising soldiers? Do you mean the one with the two guys who are doing Cloud's victory move?
"throw the alam near them and run around like crazy" Huh? :)

BudSoda02
01-19-2005, 05:38 PM
Just drive your buggy into Costa De Sol (Just hit the little building on the world map, if it still doesn't work there's probably a bug on your version. :( ) & get onto the ship you traveled from Junon with. (It costs 10 gil as a bribe.) You should end up in your buggy or it should be just outside of Junon. (It's been a while.)
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

Kamrusepas
01-19-2005, 05:55 PM
Oky thanks, I'll try that, but I recall that I haven't been able to drive into towns on the buggy before...

Bubbles1230
01-20-2005, 11:56 AM
usually u have 2 get out and walk to a town, but with Junon and Costa del Sol, u can just hit em with your buggy. Like they said, ride the cargo ship to Junon. First, you get off the cargo ship, then pass a few screens til you see a long grey tunnel. to b sure, just run down it and see if there are soldiers practicing. if not, thats not it.if so, there is a little red box beside the soldiers. Press 'o' button and the alarm will go off.(sirens and red lights) run around and fight really hard creatures.

Also, i know a lot more hints. Ill post em soon

Edit by Kishi: Don't double-post.

Kamrusepas
01-20-2005, 03:18 PM
Great, thanks :)
I did find the sleeping man, I had fought 262 times... I fought four more times and got a Bolt Ring :)

Bubbles1230
01-21-2005, 04:20 PM
If u fight 11 more times, you can get the Mythril which u need 2 get Aeris's level 4 limit break. U gotta take the mythril 2 the weapon seller (east of gongaga if u dont know where) but u can only go there to get the keystone after Wutai. hand mythril 2 him and he'll let u open 1 of 2 chests. Open the top one 2 get her limit breaker.Also, heres a new tip-
**Okay, im sure everybodys been 2 Wall Market where Cloud dresses up like a girl. Usually, the Don chooses Tifa or rarely Aeris. Have you ever gotten him to choose cloud? heres how.
-Okay, lets start w/ the dress. When the clothing store dude asks you what dress you want, choose 'soft' and 'shimmers' to get the silk dress.
-next, the wig. either tie or win to get the blond or dyed wig.
-Next, u need 2 get cologne.eat in the little diner near the dress shop and eat. afterwards, tell them it was alright and get the pharmacy coupon. go to the pharmacy and trade the coupon for 'digestive' medicine. Finally, go back to the diner where you ordered the dress. See the man thats really gotta go? Well, go to the bathroom and talk to the woman inside couple times. give her the medicine and she'll give you the sexy cologne.
-next, the tiara. go 2 the Materia shop and talk to the employee. he'll ask u 2 go to the inn and see what theyre sellin.so go to the inn and spend the night. in the night Cloud will go 2 the vending machine. order 'the one for 200 gil' in the morning go back to the shop and show the man. in exchange, he'll give u a diamond tiara.
-Finally, the lingerie and makeup. go near the entrance of the Honeybee inn (b4 you go n the actual screen)and you'll c a really fat man. talk 2 him and he'll give u a members card. so go inside the Honeybee inn and take either the group room or the &$#% room. either one, you'll get lingerie. finally, go to the room Where theres girls putting on makeup. talk 2 the last one and ask her 2 put makeup on you.
Now, youre all set. go inside the dress shop, change, go to the mansion, and get ready 4 a 'fun filled evening' with the don.

DJZen
01-21-2005, 08:57 PM
You can also date Yuffie and Barret at the Golden Saucer. You can also breed chocobos and race them to improve their rank, then breed them some more until you get a gold chocobo, which will let you go anywhere in the world, including 4 secret caves where you can get 4 secret materia. You can also morph Tonberries to get the ribbon. You can also give ethers to magic pots to get an exorbitant amount of AP.

finalheaven
01-21-2005, 11:08 PM
yeah you dont talk to the girls at all and be mean to them..when ur helping aerith..push all hte wrong barrels..and u can date barret hahah^_^

Kamrusepas
01-22-2005, 09:07 AM
I got to fate Tifa. Yay :)

Cloud57
01-22-2005, 09:17 AM
Thats cool that you know all that stuff. Did u play the game for 2 years or something?

Rock&Roll
01-22-2005, 09:41 AM
This stuff is all common knowledge.

Visit www.gamefaqs.com

Bubbles1230
01-22-2005, 03:15 PM
Nah, i've got this really great ultimate guide to FF7 that my bro gave me. its got everything u need 2 know.(all enemy skills, materias,enemies, etc.)

DJZen
01-22-2005, 08:07 PM
So does gamefaqs, and gamefaqs is free.

Bubbles1230
01-23-2005, 03:27 AM
Hey, heres a list of EVERY enemy skill, where u can get it, and what it does-
**Frog Song--touch me, toxic frog--casts toad & sleepel on target and cures ally of toad effect--Gongaga, Temple of the Ancients
**level 4 suicide--mu--death sentence on targets with level a multiple of 4--chocobo ranch
**magic hammer--razor weeds--absorbs 100 mp from one target--Wutai--*Must manipulate creature*
**White wind--zemzellet,wind wing--restores hp and negative status effects--Junon, Crator--*Must manipulate creature*
**Big Guard--beach plug--casts wall and haste on all allies--Costa del Sol beaches--*Must manipulate creature*
**Angel Whisper--Pollensalta--Full cure--Crater--*Must manipulate creature*
**dragon force--dragon, dark dragon--1 characters defense raised by 50%--Battle Arena, Crater--*Must manipulate creature*
**death force--adamantaimai--instantly kills 1 target--wutai, beaches--*Must manipulate creature*
**Flame Thrower--Ark dragon, dragon--fire damage to 1 enemy--Mythril mine
**laser--death claw, dark dragon-- cuts enemies hp in half--corel prison, crater
**Matra Magic--custom sweeper, bull motor--attacks all enemies-- Midgar outskirts, Corel Prison
**bad breath-- malboro--casts poison, sleepel, mini, frog, and Confuse on all enemies-- gaes cliff, crater
**beta--midgar zolom--fire damage to all enemies--Mythril Swamp
**aqualung--harpy, jenova-LIFE,--water damage to all enemies--Gold Saucer desert, city of ancients
**trine--stilva, godo--lightning damage to all enemies--gaes cliff, pagoda of 5 gods(wutai)
**Magic breath--stilva, parasite--fire, ice, and lightning damage to all enemies--gaes cliff, crater
**????-- king behemoth, jersey--damage to one enemy--midgar sector 8, Shinra Mansion
**Goblin Punch--goblin--strong attack against 1 enemy--goblin island
**chocobuckle--Level 16 chocobo--damage equal to number of times you've escaped from battle--chocobo ranch*Must feed level 16 chocobo Mimmet Greens, then hit chocobo with level 4 suicide*
**level 5 death--parasite--instantly kills enemies with level a muliple of 5--crater
**death sentence--gi spector, sneaky step--target must finish battle in 10 sec. or die--gi cave
**death roulette--death dealer--randomly kills 1 enemy--crater
**shadow flare--Ultimate Weapon, Zombie dragon--damage on 1 enemy--Multiple(ultimate weapon)Crater
**pandora's box--Zombie dragon-- damage to all enemies-- crater

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-23-2005, 03:31 AM
Again, information you can find anywhere. And some of your descriptions are wrong, anyway.

Perducci
03-31-2005, 11:04 PM
I found out most of this on my first playthrough... Around 8 years ago...

BG-57
03-31-2005, 11:22 PM
Be careful when learning Pandora's Box. If the first Dragon Zombie you meet in the right path doesn't cast it as a final attack, a glitch seems to prevent other Dragon Zombies on the right path from casting it. However the Dragon Zombies in the central path apparently cast them fine.

Also you can combine the effects of spells in useful ways:

You can make learning Roulette easier if you first learn Death Force and cast it on both the party and the Death Dealers. No matter who Roulette hits, no-one dies and you can keep going until everyone in the party has learned it.

Also Death Force may make the item Kiss of Death actually useful. Normally it wipes out all monsters along with the party. I'll have to see if Death Force can protect the party from it's effects.

Masamuneˇ1600
03-31-2005, 11:43 PM
I hope nobody sees your Enemy Skill list and comes away thinking the infomation is accurate. Every other description is wrong, and some of them are VERY wrong. You're also missing enemies for most of the spells.

Mercen-X
04-06-2005, 12:05 AM
**Frog Song--touch me, toxic frog--casts toad & sleepel on target--Gongaga, Temple of the Ancients
**L4 Suicide--mu--reduces HP of all targets with levels multiple of 4 by 96.8% and causes mini--chocobo ranch
**Magic Hammer--razor weeds--absorbs 100 mp from one target--Wutai--*Must manipulate creature*
**White Wind--zemzellet,wind wing--restores hp and status--Junon, Crator--*Must manipulate creature*
**Big Guard--beach plug--casts wall and haste on all allies--Costa del Sol beaches--*Must manipulate creature*
**Angel Whisper--Pollensalta--Full cure and/or revival--Crater--*Must manipulate creature*
**Dragon Force--dragon, dark dragon--1 characters defense raised by 50%--Battle Arena, Crater--*Must manipulate creature* (does that Hero Drink do the same?)
**Death Force--adamantaimai--makes an ally immune to ins. death--wutai, beaches--*Must manipulate creature*
**Flame Thrower--Ark dragon, dragon--fire damage to 1 enemy--Mythril mine
**Laser--death claw, dark dragon-- cuts 1 enemy's hp in half--corel prison, crater
**Matra Magic--custom sweeper, bull motor--attacks all enemies-- Midgar outskirts, Corel Prison
**Bad Breath-- malboro--casts poison, sleepel, mini, frog, and Confuse on all enemies--gaea cliff, crater
**Beta--midgar zolom--fire damage to all enemies--Mythril Swamp
**Aqualung--harpy, jenova-LIFE,--water damage to all enemies--Gold Saucer desert, city of ancients
**Trine--stilva, godo--lightning damage to all enemies--gaes cliff, pagoda of 5 gods(wutai)
**Magic Breath--stilva, parasite--fire, ice, and lightning damage to all enemies--gaes cliff, crater
**????-- king behemoth, jersey--damage to one enemy--midgar sector 8, Shinra Mansion
**Goblin Punch--goblin--strong attack against 1 enemy--goblin island
**Chocobuckle--Level 16 chocobo--1 enemy, damage equal to number of times you've escaped from battle--chocobo ranch*Must feed Mimmet Greens to Lv 36 chocobo @ Mideel, then hit chocobo with L4 Suicide* Confirmed!!!
**L5 Death--parasite--instantly kills enemies with level a multiple of 5--crater
**Death Sentence--gi spector, sneaky step--target must finish battle in 10 sec. or die--gi cave --- can be cured with remedy and avoid with ribbon
**Death Roulette--death dealer--randomly kills 1 participant--crater
**Shadow Flare--Ultimate Weapon, Zombie dragon--damage on 1 enemy--Multiple(ultimate weapon)Crater
**Pandora's Box--Zombie dragon-- damage to all enemies-- crater

Mercen-X
04-06-2005, 10:38 PM
If you return to Fort Condor after each Shinra related story "paragraph" you'll be able to battle for sweet prizes. Each time though. If you absorb too much Shinra info at once, the battles will skip to the next level of prizes. Once you've reached the second disc and have already watched the Weapons pouring out of the crater, you've lost your last chance to battle for anything besides the Phoenix summon and huge command.