PDA

View Full Version : NES Classic. What would you like to see [ported to GBA]?

Flashback007
01-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Ok, the last time we saw NES Classic games arriving on the GBA. I personally liked that the orginal Mario-game entered on it. But what game would you like that see, remade on the GBA that was orginally on the NES?

I would sure like to see Tetris and maybe that one with the dragons that blow bubbles. EUhm. And also a game that I remember from my childhood. That was a game about some boy who needed to clim up to the top. To clim up he would have to use rainbows.

Another game I remember from my youth is The New Sealand Story. I really liked that one. Altough they should add a save-system to it then, cause without it it's hard enough

Agent Proto
01-19-2005, 08:47 PM
What do you mean Tetris be remade? Tetris is everywhere!

Though, I would like to see Kid Icarus be remade.

NM
01-19-2005, 08:48 PM
and maybe that one with the dragons that blow bubbles.

That would be Bubble Bobble.

I'd like to see Snake Rattle and Roll released.

Cz
01-19-2005, 08:57 PM
That would be Bubble Bobble.Puzzle Bobble, I think. BB was a platformer (and a damned good one at that).

Either of those would make a good release, actually. Yay for remakes. :)

Jowy
01-19-2005, 10:01 PM
I want a remake of Dragon Warrior IV where the other characters don't go on auto-battle by the time Chapter V rolls around. I'd like to see a remake of Metal Gear too.

Crazy the Clown
01-20-2005, 04:30 AM
Dragon Warrior, only replace the "Thees," and "Thous," with "you." The oldspeak got old real fast when I played that.

Faxanadu is also a good game.

Lord Chainsaw
01-21-2005, 03:18 AM
A game I feel is grossly underappreciated is Crystalis. True, there was a remake on the GBC, but even that one didn't get much attention. Crystalis has everything the Legend of Zelda has, but with much more emphasis on magic.

I'd love to see a 3D Crystalis environment. I also loved the way you couldn't abuse the level system, because the max level was 16. They could pull something like that off on a next generation, to give it some RPG elements, but maintain a requirement of some action/adventure skill instead of overleveling in order to finish it.

The game was way ahead of its time. I'm not sure if Crystalis started the Four General thing, but its been used a lot since. The music was great, especially outside of the village of Leaf. The game took brains to beat, but didn't resort to being a boring puzzle fest like the latter Zelda games.

I don't know if it'd do particularly well today, since there's already too much similar stuff on the market nowadays. The name simply wouldn't carry it. Just look what happened to The Bard's Tale.

omnitarian
01-21-2005, 04:16 AM
I think they did remake Bubble Bobble. ... Yep. (http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/data/562745.html)

A newschool Kiwi Craze would be totally awesome.

Edit: Linked to "B" list instead of the specific game...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-21-2005, 04:23 AM
The NES Classics games are ports, not remakes.

black orb
01-21-2005, 04:57 AM
>>> Megaman 2

Flashback007
01-21-2005, 08:27 AM
>>> Megaman 2

Indeed forgotten, those Megaman games also should be remade. They rock. I never even played a new kinda Megaman-game. They aren't here in Holland.