PDA

View Full Version : a couple of questions from a new FFX-2 player

mitchellmeek
01-19-2005, 10:51 PM
hey all.
just a few questions:
i've heard a bit about 'new game plus' - what is it? does it help you get the perfect ending... does it exist? how do i get it?
also, i've been told that you need to pay off o'aka's debt by the third chapter. got about 95000 to go... are there any places that give lots of gil, or does anybody have any tips for making lots of gil?
finally, does anybody elses game give the percentage complete as, for example, 25.2% ? because mine only goes in whole numbers, and sometimes it falls behind where i should be after completing a goal. it has always caught up so far, but i don't wanna go all the way and not get the perfect ending coz i didn't speak to one person or something...
PLEASE HELP!
cheers and more beers

TheSpoonyBard
01-19-2005, 11:25 PM
1) 'New Game+' does exist. Once you complete (as in get to the end of) the game once you will be given the option to save a 'New Game+' file. After loading this you will be at the start of the game but some things will have carried over. These things are:

- DS and all learnt abilities
- Items and Accessories
- Garment Grids
- Al Bhed Primers
- Game percentage
- Game Clock
- Some Key Items (Not spheres or repair manuals)
- etc

Basically, the only thing not carried over is your current level. This will be reset to 1.

2) A good way to make money is to fight a lot, sell unwanted accessories, use Pilfer/Nab Gil and Lady Luck's Gillionaire ability.

3) The game displays a rounded figure, but it is counting all the decimals, just not displaying them.

4) It is not possible to get 100% on the first playthrough. If you gave the sphere to New Yevon on the first game, give it to the Youth League on the New Game+. This should let you get 100% second time through as long as you fulfill all other criteria.

SeeDRankLou
01-19-2005, 11:39 PM
The game just shows whole numbers, but it doesn't round up. So if you have 20.8%, it's won't show 21% until you have 21%. And also, it is possible to get 100% in one playthrough, I've done it myself.

rubah
01-19-2005, 11:45 PM
IE, don't give the sphere to new yevon.

such a biased biased game. blatantly favoring the youth league.

Advice? Plan to play through it twice anyways. See the normal ending or the good one the first time and get a fairly good precentage complete and master lots of stuff, then take it easy and make sure you do everything the second time for perfect:)

that way you can see both scenarios and have a bit of freedom to uncover teh story.

01-20-2005, 03:58 AM
are there any places that give lots of gil, or does anybody have any tips for making lots of gil? well i made 10,000 gil by battles and selling unwanted stuff. then i went to guadosalem and bought data from the guy behind the counter. then i could sell it back to him for 100,000, which would get me an easy 90,000. for more information, go to http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_2_d.txt

mitchellmeek
01-22-2005, 01:05 AM
i bought the data from that guy in guadosalam, but who do u sell it to to get that sort of cash?? i thought that i would have to sell it to leblanc, but then the guy said to sell to a guy sitting down.
any ideas??!

01-22-2005, 01:42 AM
any ideas??! okay, just make sure you save your game in guadosalem because your going to have to restart the game a lot. after you have a saved game file there, go to the guy behind the counter and buy the data. he has to say something like "its the last person you'd expect or something." if he says anything else, just restart and do it over and over again until he says that.

mitchellmeek
01-22-2005, 01:46 AM
thanx a bunch man, i'll try it.
that work for you did it? ta.