PDA

View Full Version : Who's the bigger idiot? Fergie or Wenger?

Doc Sark
01-19-2005, 11:58 PM
This ongoing feud is sooooooo boring. I can't decide which manager is the bigger idiot. Obviously Arsenal fans and United fans are going to have their own heavily biased opinions but I wonder what the neutral thinks.

Personally, I think their both as bad as eachother. Wenger shouldn't rise to it but Ferguson just has to keep on poking in with his "mind games", which don't actually work because Wenger knows he has a better team.Why doesn't Arsene just be more like Jose Mourinho and ignore him when he starts talking crap? The whole affair just bugs me when it clogs up the back pages. I don't want to read about a couple of fishwives having a pointless arguement every season.

boris no no
01-20-2005, 12:19 AM
pah!! premiership!! you should look upon the REAL players!!
CHESTERFIELD GO GO GO!!! :love: :love:
i voted that they are both....rabbits?

tomamar04
01-20-2005, 07:38 AM
As a Man Utd fan, I'll vote I'm biased, but Wenger is an idiot. In the Sun newspaper, he's said Man Utd should be mid-table. OK we have had a couple of lucky decisions, but Arsenal have been just as lucky.

Doc Sark
01-20-2005, 09:04 AM
He's no more of an idiot than Fergie. If Fergie didn't pick on him like a pathetic child in the first place Wenger wouldn't retalliate.

Check out the zoo justice league to see where man utd should be. I don't think Arsenal have been that lucky this season actually, bar the Pires dive against Chlesea.

Resha
01-20-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm an Arsenal fan, but I was dead evil and I picked Fergie instead of the bias option. I'm sowwy...me no could resist. :(

Cz
01-20-2005, 05:10 PM
Mourinho is more irritating than Ferguson, in my eyes. There's nothing worse than an arrogant person...except an arrogant person who has the ability to back it up.

As for your actual question, my opinion means nothing, so I won't even bother to answer.

Doc Sark
01-20-2005, 07:45 PM
I like Mourinho for those reasons and I could see why that would be annoying. It's the way he says cool stuff like "I let my teams football talk for me." Ah Shankly would be in awe of a guy like that.

Cz
01-20-2005, 11:15 PM
You can't compare Shankly to Mourinho, simply because his success at Chelsea is based largely upon his bank balance. There's no denying he'd be a success without it, but ten points clear at the top of the table? I doubt it.

Compare him to someone like Brian Clough, for example, who took a second rate team to European glory. There's a man with the right to be arrogant. Comparing the two I find it very difficult to like Jose Mourinho, despite his obvious talents.

That said, I'm sure I'd be far less critical of him were he not dominating the Premiership table. :)

Doc Sark
01-21-2005, 10:08 AM
I'm not comparing his managerial abilities. It's the things he says. There are some excellent Mourinho soundbytes remniscent of the things Shankly used to say.

But just to argue your point anyway, look what he did with Porto...

Cz
01-21-2005, 07:01 PM
I take your point about the quotes. At least his comments aren't as bland as those of your average manager.

Shoden
01-21-2005, 10:37 PM
im a Newcastle united fan and i say that they're both stupid assholes for sure it was only a game yeah alot of hacks and dives were commited in that game but hey Arsenal are withering away like what happened to nootingham forest.

Doc Sark
01-21-2005, 11:06 PM
We'll see how confident you are of that fact after they're done with your boys at highbury tomorrow.

tomamar04
01-22-2005, 08:00 AM
I don't know...Newcastle are playing the best they've played all season, and Arsenal aren't playing well at all.

Doc Sark
01-22-2005, 05:18 PM
Yes but you're a biased united fan hell bent on Arsenal losing every game they play. The likelihood is Arsenal will have too much for them. There's no better stage for Arsenal to start a return to form than by playing a team like Newcastle. Who in fairness may have hit a run of form but still have a long way to go before they can expect to be beating Arsenal at highbury.

tomamar04
01-23-2005, 06:45 PM
Damn it, you were right.

And yes I am hell bent on Arsenal losing. I'd love United to beat them to second, it'll be so funny Arsenal finishing in third, when only a few months ago they were the 'Unbeatables'.

Cz
01-23-2005, 08:32 PM
Bias or no bias, the scoreline didn't do our performance justice. Looking at the way we played (combined with Newcastle's poor performance) we should have won by at least three goals. Only some superb goalkeeping by Shay Given prevented that from being the case.

While it might not spark a return to our top form, it's definitely the best performance I've seen from us since our unbeaten run came to an end.

Doc Sark
01-24-2005, 01:36 AM
They might as well have been growing crops in the Arsenal half 2nd half, they wouldn't have been disturbed at all.

Cless
01-24-2005, 10:11 PM
Neither of them are idiots! I think it's great to see them fight a battle of words. It shows that they are obviously very passionate about what they do and adds a bit more personality to the game.

BTW I'm a Man Utd fan

Doc Sark
01-24-2005, 11:21 PM
Attractive football brings personality to the game, petty squabbles bring it into disrepute.

Cless
01-24-2005, 11:46 PM
Okay, point taken. But don't you think that things like this make football just a little more interesting. It certainly adds to the "spectacle" of it all. And besides, I really don't think that a few "heated words" exchanged between two passionate managers brings the game into disrepute. Things like racism and drug scandals do but not a passionate rivalry. At least it shows how much they care.

Doc Sark
01-25-2005, 01:41 AM
O.K, I accept that it shows they are passionate, but I don't think that adds to the "spectacle" of the game. If we got to watch them go at it Celebrity Deathmatch style on the touchline on Saturday that will add to the spectacle. At first it was interesting to see how they attempted to goad one another but now it's verging on the pathetic what with pizza throwing and petty cheating jibes, it is now the premierships equivalent of a playground squabble. It's a shame really because we are talking about the country's top two (for now) coaches.

By the way, I'm glad someone actually took this thread back to its original discussion. Football threads have a tendency to go wildly off topic.

tomamar04
01-25-2005, 07:26 AM
It's petty, pathetic, helping Chelsea to the Premiership, but you've got to laugh when they have their 'heated' discussions.

Cless
01-25-2005, 10:20 AM
I do understand that the fued has dragged on a BIT and I can also see how one would grow tiresome of it. I also accept that it does make two of the top managers look a bit unprofessional. However, I thought that "pizza" incident was hilarious. It may not have done much for footballs image, but I I found it pretty darn amusing!

Doc Sark
01-25-2005, 11:24 AM
Yeah the pizza thing was funny, and the allegation that Arsene Wenger came running at Fergie waving his arms like a crazy man. I won't deny it made me chuckle.