PDA

View Full Version : The movie thread of Goofiness

DeBlayde
01-20-2005, 12:13 AM
The first time I saw Spirited Away, I was absolutely blown away. It's an awesome movie and an exemplary piece of art. And there was an extremely goofy part.

When Yubaba blasts the No-Face with that fireball, (and since I talk and comment a lot during movies, much to the annoyance of everybody else) I just couldn't help but compare it to Goku's Kamehameha. So it was great, powerful, impressive and no doubt devastating.

But, Goku never got puked on as a result of his Kamehameha.

Therefore, I must compare the two.

1) Dragon Ball Z is better than Spirited Away because Goku never gets puked on.

2) Spirited Away is better than Dragon Ball Z because Dragon Ball Z is more accurately titled Drag On and On and On and On Ball Z.

3) Dragon Ball Z is better than Spirited Away because of Vegeta.

4) Spirited Away is better than Dragon Ball Z because they don't have characters with stupid names like Carrot or Price Vegetable, or Freezer and his big brother Cooler, or Dr. Briefs, Bluma (short for bloomers = lady's old skool underwear) and Trunks. and let's not forget my personal favorites: Bippity, Boppity, and Majin Buu. where's the fairy godmother when you need her.

5) Dragon Ball Z is better than Spirited Away because Master Roshi is funnier than Kamagi.

6) Spirited Away is better than Dragon Ball Z because Haku and the other River Dragon are all kindsa cooler lookin than any dragon on DBZ.

7) Sen cries too much.

8) When the DBZ fighters are nervous and sweating, it looks like they are more in need of a good laxative than any help fighting this tough opponent.

9) Sen can't fly.

10) Bulma's just annoying.

11) Lin is also annoying.

12) Bulma's Really REALLY annoying.

13) Baby Trunks is ugly.

14) Yubaba's baby is more ugly because he's huge. and has an a$$ that's bigger than all of my whole body.

And to sum up, Spirited Away is better than Dragon Ball Z because all the DBZ imagery has some nasty sexual connotation to it. All the Imagery in Spitied Away contributes to an understanding of the characters' emotions and sensations at the time.

so what goofy connections have you noticed about things you've seen?