PDA

View Full Version : Amusing yourself

Peegee
01-20-2005, 10:02 AM
Are you capable of geniunely amusing yourself? I am. I think it's almost a corollary that I'm a lunatic or at least mentally unstable. Anyway there will be long periods of 'normality' where I act like somebody who could very well behave sanely.

Then I create something so utterly amusing (to myself) and laugh myself into a coma. Of course nobody else will find it even close to entertaining, but then again I really don't care what people think, just as long as I get my coma-inducing hysterics.

I'm not foolish enough to tell my friends 'omfglolasl you have got to play this video game I'm so cool', so your argument is flawed.

This had me laughing harder than any stand-up comedian could ever do for me.

What about you?

Mikztsu
01-20-2005, 10:07 AM
Yeah, I guess. Mostly it's pretty unintentional though.

Necronopticous
01-20-2005, 10:07 AM
I read Ah, The Power of Cheese after I write it and genuinely find laughs from it. In fact, when I'm really bored I'll read episodes I wrote a while ago, from series 1 and 2.

Resha
01-20-2005, 10:13 AM
I read Ah, The Power of Cheese after I write it and genuinely find laughs from it. In fact, when I'm really bored I'll read episodes I wrote a while ago, from series 1 and 2.

C-cheese? I LIKE CHEESE! :D Can I read it? Lol.

Yes, I can. People say the most serious things to me, and it's meant to be all sad and depressing-ish, but then I find it funny, and I have...A Laughing Fit.

My Laughing Fits are the worst...I can't STOP. And then I can't breathe, And THEN I get stomach aches. :tongue:

Necronopticous
01-20-2005, 10:16 AM
C-cheese? I LIKE CHEESE! :D Can I read it? Lol.I would like <a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=52054">nothing more</a> than for you to read.

Jack
01-20-2005, 10:18 AM
In more ways then you'd think
*raises eyebrows and winks*

o_O
01-20-2005, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I'm notorious amongst my friends for cracking myself up. I find stupid things funny, and the things I find funny tend to get funnier the more you think about them. :p

Rye
01-20-2005, 11:41 AM
I can make myself laugh, but others make me laugh more.

K-chan
01-20-2005, 12:45 PM
I'm easily amused! ^^

Resha
01-20-2005, 03:08 PM
I would like <a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=52054">nothing more</a> than for you to read.

I luff it! I've never played FFIV before...but I got a pretty good gist of the game in your wonderfully cynical stowy. I LIKE IT!!! :D I've only read up till Episode IV though...

I can see why it cracks you up! :p

Silmaril
01-20-2005, 03:35 PM
I've been told that I can be hysterically funny...

Homer Simpson
01-20-2005, 04:05 PM
Are you capable of geniunely amusing yourself? I am. I think it's almost a corollary that I'm a lunatic or at least mentally unstable. Anyway there will be long periods of 'normality' where I act like somebody who could very well behave sanely.

Then I create something so utterly amusing (to myself) and laugh myself into a coma. Of course nobody else will find it even close to entertaining, but then again I really don't care what people think, just as long as I get my coma-inducing hysterics.
?

You remind me of my little sister,

Edt ; no offense she just laughs at nothing, Its actuall pretty confusing for other people

Itsunari 2000
01-20-2005, 05:21 PM
Well...

I like to draw bizarre cartoons ( usually depicting insane " wickermen " with pointy sticks terrorizing villagers) , then when I'm finished I just sit and laugh maniacally for at least half an hour before I come to my senses.

Pretty disturbing , don'tyou think ?

Jojee
01-20-2005, 07:26 PM
Hahaha are you kidding? I'm my main source of amusement :p

lol amusement is a funny word.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-20-2005, 07:43 PM
In more ways then you'd think
*raises eyebrows and winks*

Do you mena what I think you mean....If so *becomes disturbed*

Anywho, like in grade 5, while waiting for parents to come to the health fair, i was bored so I was playing with the garbage bag that i brought the project to school with. After a while my teacher came over and took it away. So I guess my answer is yes....

Fuzakeru
01-20-2005, 10:33 PM
I do all the time. However, I did it even more with I was still in High School.

My friend David and I would sit in class and draw pictures of ants dying in different ways. What would happen in today's episode?! Nazis marching over an ant! And ant falling in to a blend after another ant flies in to him with a parachute that's on fire because a group of ants are lighting a lighter so they can turn on the smoke alarm to drown a few ants that are standing around harmlessly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEE!

I actually still have a page that we drew all over with ant-tastic deaths everywhere. I may just scan this to show off.

Other than that, writing fanfiction amuses me greatly. ^_^;
So does drawing chibi cartoons of Myles and myself in different situations.

Chaos
01-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Yeah I can. I rarely get bored with things.
I'm quite happy with sitting down playing with a couple of blades of grass. Believe me, I've done it.

Imagination can be my best friend.

Chaos

Dr.K
01-20-2005, 11:13 PM
My mind's always on overdrive...apart from when it comes to doing something intellectual. Sometimes i'll be walking along in the street as well and ill start smirking...which then turns into a snigger, and so on. Maybe one day this self-amusement could become quite dangerous :(

Spritz
01-20-2005, 11:27 PM
Bus stop
+ Plastic/paper Bags
+ Lots of Wind
-----------------------
Omfg bag warz0rz lololol
-----------------------
Go Marks & Spencers! Woooo >.>

In year 12 you normally get quite a bit of time just doing nothing, heres a list of things I do when my friends have lessons and I don't.

- Rubber Band Balls
- Trying to trow cards like some ninja magician person
- Paper and Wastepaper basket basketball

Then of course theres always doing schoolwork... but who does that in school? :P

Creed
01-21-2005, 12:05 AM
Im amused when im in frount of my fans at my conserts with my band...Creed!!!!

Sacred Phoenix
01-21-2005, 12:12 AM
I randomly burst out laughing, and generally think things are much funnier then they really are. I love to laugh, and do it easily.

Oh and too bad Creed BROKE UP!!!! how do you play the drumbs?

Del Murder
01-21-2005, 03:21 AM
I amuse myself by finding amusement in everything that is around me.

Shlup
01-21-2005, 03:39 AM
The only times I ever get bored are when I'm somewhere without access to the things I want to do. When I know I'm going to one of these places I try to bring a book and my GameBoy at the very least. Otherwise I end up playing Follow the Leader with myself.

Calliope
01-22-2005, 04:44 PM
round and round and round and round and round and round and BUNNY!

I'm going to need this tactic today. I'm going to a viewing of an overpriced wedding gown, having had four hours sleep.

theundeadhero
01-23-2005, 03:37 PM
People think I'm strange because at times I laugh quitely to myself or sometimes burst out laughing for "apparently" no reason at all. When people ask why, I just simply say, "I can't tell you everything". I amuse myself a lot.

Creed
01-23-2005, 05:35 PM
Im not really in Creed but I would be amused if that happens....Im amused easily.....im a simpletin

Dking'squeen
01-23-2005, 05:46 PM
some of my old stories amuse me

la monk
01-23-2005, 06:23 PM
have you ever laughed at something until you cant breath one day, and then not even find it halfway funny the next day? that always happens to me.

Hawkeye
01-23-2005, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I'm notorious amongst my friends for cracking myself up. I find stupid things funny, and the things I find funny tend to get funnier the more you think about them. :p
same here, i tend to laugh at things so hard that my friends mention, make sure your lung doesnt split. things so stupid and not even that funny i laugh hard anyways