PDA

View Full Version : Clocks/timers on games

Xander
01-20-2005, 10:16 AM
So most RPGs seem to have them, but I wish some other games had them too, because it would interest me to see how long it took me to finish the game. I mean Kingdom Hearts wasn't technically an RPG at least it was action/rpg and it had a clock.

I've been playing Zelda: Minish Cap, which I guess is classifed as an action/adventure game but I really think with the way that it plays it would be quite good to have a clock, to see how long it takes you to finish the game, get everything, or whatever you want to do.

I'm sure this could apply to other games too. So, would you like more games to have clocks and if so, which?

Necronopticous
01-20-2005, 10:20 AM
Progress Quest (http://www.progressquest.com) should have a clock... And I guess it's not really possible but I wish I knew how many days in pure hours I've spent pen spinning (http://www.pentrix.com).

Man, I seriously am a total freaking dork.

Cz
01-20-2005, 05:03 PM
Nope, clocks make me feel inadequate, because everyone seems to complete games faster than I do. :D

Pure Strife
01-20-2005, 05:09 PM
Nope, clocks make me feel inadequate, because everyone seems to complete games faster than I do. :D

That or I'll judge something like an RPG on how quickly I beat it.

Zante
01-20-2005, 05:45 PM
I can live without them.

Strider
01-20-2005, 07:01 PM
Metroid was the first great example of how a clock can be beneficial to a game. Kinda disappointing that more games haven't taken that lead.

Agent Proto
01-20-2005, 07:34 PM
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door uses the clock within the GameCube, though, I think it's only because there's this lottery thing that gives you stuff after midnight. Also, Animal Crossing is a great game that uses the clock. It's based around the clock! That would explain why.

Anyway, I don't really care whether or not a game uses the clock feature. Though, I think it would be nice to see sports games use the feature, so if you're playing during the day, it will be sunny when you play. Play during the dark, it will be dark when you play. That'll be cool. :D

la monk
01-20-2005, 09:20 PM
i prefer games that have a percentage. you gotta shoot for 100% you know.