PDA

View Full Version : Torrent?

Dragon Ash
01-20-2005, 03:33 PM
Right now i'm in the middle of downloading a torrent file of FFVII:AC. I don't have enough yet to preview but i'm wondering if there's even the slightest chance that this could be the real thing. It hasn't even come out in Japan yet, right? Can anyone help me out here?

TheAbominatrix
01-20-2005, 03:57 PM
There isnt the slightest chance in hell that it's the real thing. You're either getting a trailer or a fake file. It's not out in Japan, it's not out period.

edczxcvbnm
01-20-2005, 06:37 PM
It could be the real thing...or at least part of the real thing. Square has been showing it off at a lot of film festivals. How big is the torrent file and where did you get it?

Dragon Ash
01-20-2005, 07:32 PM
I'm using E-mule to download it. It's 700.83 Mb so it's way too big to be a trailor.

EDIT: Finally managed to preview it but it won't play in media player. However I did find out that the file is called "Final Preview," so maybe not quite the real thing but close.

Meh... I wasn't holding my breath anyway! :D

Roogle
01-20-2005, 11:08 PM
The first thirty minutes of the movie were finished awhile ago. It might be that.

Shockwave Pulsar
01-20-2005, 11:24 PM
I think i'm downloading the same file (claiming to be FF:AC and same file size), and there's a big chance it is legit, even if it's not the movie it's probably the preview as everyone mentioned above.
I wasn't sure neither, since there's lots of fakes on the net, but the file is shared by everyone on edonkey by the same name, which is a great sign for determining if a file is real, since fake files usually have hundreds of different names, among the people who have them. Nothing is sure tho, but odds are it's for real.

Edit: I was able to extract a screenshot, it's a fake

BackRoomKid
01-21-2005, 12:51 AM
so if it was a fake...then what was it?

just curious to know

Shockwave Pulsar
01-21-2005, 01:09 AM
After my post, some other filenames started popping, "taxi.avi", ""taxi (fr).avi" and the screenshot i got is from a car, so i assume it is.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-21-2005, 01:18 AM
Ah, yes, the rumored taxi scene.

DRIVER: What is your name?
CID: Cid.
DRIVER: What does it mean?
CID: I'm from Rocket Town, honey. Our names don't mean ^%$#.

velvet.fireball
01-26-2005, 08:48 PM
if it is a fake i wonder if it's some bodged up job like that pic of yuna with aeris's hair. or if it was an ff10 fmv with different hair or run backwards.

Dragon Ash
01-27-2005, 07:03 PM
Ah, yes, the rumored taxi scene.

DRIVER: What is your name?
CID: Cid.
DRIVER: What does it mean?
CID: I'm from Rocket Town, honey. Our names don't mean ^%$#.
:lol: