PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil?

Dreddz
01-20-2005, 07:49 PM
If you lot played the Resi games than you would agree that they were so good. But when i was young i used to always play on my bros Resi 2 for ages. It was such a good game. But soon later ( 7 years later) we lost claires disc and leons snapped in half. Is it worth getting a copy of ebay for £13.00 . I love the game but is it worth it. i need some advice

Pure Strife
01-20-2005, 08:48 PM
I love RE, best game series this side of FF. I believe I've finished of all of them except Gaiden, Outbreak and the DE series. Good stuff.

13 quid isn't all that much, it'd be worth it if you really wanted to replay the game.

Tanwen Strife
01-23-2005, 05:18 PM
If you're going to play it then yes. It's only going to go up in cost unless they rerelease it as more copys go out of use, so if you don't play it you can always flog it again. And if its the one I think it is (the one in Racoon City?) then gooooooooood game. Couldn't get anywhere because I suck, but goooooooooood game. Incidentally, if anyone has the original that they wish to part with... hello!

Maester-ULTIMECIA
02-17-2005, 12:07 AM
Resi 4 is the best one i think that they have came out with. The boses are pretty hard and the zombies are better but they are pretty gay cause they can throw stuff and stab u with a frog poker wich is pretty stupid because on the movies they bite. They can also run wich is very stupid.

Sepho
02-17-2005, 01:12 AM
To heck with Capcom for trying to create zombies (which aren't really zombies in RE4) that go against stereotypes.

The shame.

Pure Strife
02-17-2005, 11:35 AM
Resi 4 is the best one i think that they have came out with. The boses are pretty hard and the zombies are better but they are pretty gay cause they can throw stuff and stab u with a frog poker wich is pretty stupid because on the movies they bite. They can also run wich is very stupid.

Altogether now, one two three: "They're not zombies!"

Erdrick Holmes
02-17-2005, 03:01 PM
The best character in that series is probably Leon. That or Chris.

Dreddz
02-17-2005, 05:29 PM
Character wise then i think Sherry was the best. But i dont really care for the character more on the story and there games. So Jills one in Resi 1 was good but Chris one was alot better cause of the more difficult factor. Claires one in Resi 2 but in 3 you dont get a character choice but i thought carlos part of the game was better

SadisticStreetSoldie
02-17-2005, 11:36 PM
Sherri was fricking annoying! In 2, when you have to control her to avoid the zombie dogs, she was so slow! ARGH! I wonder what happened to her, I stopped playing in the middle of 3 because I can't beat Nemesis in the courtyard to save my life. SPOILERS BELOW:

Does she and Leon get kidnapped after 2? I know I definetly read that somewhere but I can't really remember. And then Claire runs for help but gets captured and taken to prison by Umbrella? Then on the way there, Chris notices her and safes her? And while this is happening, Jill looks for Chris (after 3) but can't find him? Am I right? This series is pretty confusing. What happens to Carlos?

Chzn8r
02-18-2005, 04:57 AM
Not really sure what all you people are talking about, but either way:

Resident Evil 4 is one of the best games ever made, the best survival horror ever (above all other REs, yes), one of the top 3 on Gamecube... it's the best $50 anyone who enjoys action, suspense, and horror in any way shape or form can spend. I've played through it 4 times (currently on the hard mode- which is insanely harder!), and of course there's the Mercenaries mini-game providing weeks and weeks of replay both for fun and to unlock story-mode goodies. And a bonus mission that both unlocks a weapon for single player AND reveals more of the story (which for the most part in RE4 hails a little bit back to old REs, covers some new ground, and introduces the beginnings of a LOT of new mysteries).

There is no reason not to own it, this game's amazingness can't be pimped enough.

Dreddz
02-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Why you dislike Sherry. I think it would be cool if she came back for Resi 5 or 6 if they decide to carry on Resident Evil . She should be the main character. I really want resi 4 but i live in the UK and i dont think its out. And i dont have a Gamecube but ive heard rumors that it could be appearing on PS2 and anyone confirm this

Chzn8r
02-18-2005, 10:17 PM
It's out, it was a late January release.

It's not rumors, it IS coming to the PS2, but Capcom was dumb enough to announce that before the Gamecube release, probably killing the sales in the process.

Why you don't want the PS2 version:

-It's not coming out until November or December (why on earth would you wait that long for a game EVERYONE's telling you to get? :p)
-The graphical quality will be very crappy. The people working on the port project have given some figures: Leon and other main characters' polygon counts will be cut in half (from ~10,000 to ~5,000), making them noticeabley more blurry/blocky and less realistic (trust me, the realism makes a difference in this game). Textures will capsize from 32-bit to 8-bit, effectively ruining the look of much of the environments and detail in structures, etc... (again, part of this game's great appeal is the polish, and attention and care to detail that the developers put into it). And probably the most important downgrade is halving the frame rate. From 60 frames per second to 30 frames per second.
-And of course, by simply waiting and buying it on PS2, you'll be part of the problem (not solution) to Nintendo's relations and dealings with Capcom, who really need this game to sell well on Gamecube.

Dr.K
02-19-2005, 07:40 PM
In my opinion, RE2 was the best of the resident evils. If you really want to play it again, there are far worser ways of spending £13