PDA

View Full Version : Weird behaviors

Inferno
01-20-2005, 08:46 PM
In attachment is a picture of my cat watching TV. I don't know why but he does this quite often. Sometimes when news scroll from side to side of the screen, like CNN for example, he tries to catch it, looks beside the TV and does not understand where the text goes! And he can stay there for a long time...

So... does your pet also have weird behaviors ?

Necronopticous
01-20-2005, 08:51 PM
No, but that is a damn cute picture.

boris no no
01-20-2005, 08:58 PM
bless!!!
one of my hamsters used to hang from the top of its cage for AGES!!! like 10 minutes! it would just hang there doind nothing! :D

Fuzakeru
01-20-2005, 10:13 PM
That's so incredibly adorable!!!!! I want your cat. -pout-

I love when our dwarf hamsters fight. Tama and Menchi are adorable!
One thing that I go "SQUEE!" over is when it's time for bed Menchi will climb on top of Tama and bite on her ears. Tama just lies there.

Del Murder
01-21-2005, 03:20 AM
I thought hockey was on strike.

Logan
01-21-2005, 04:34 AM
One of our cats will sit behind you on the couch and try to eat your hair. It's gross :(

Kirkpatrick
01-21-2005, 06:25 AM
Yeah, my cats like to watch TV, and one of them even looks like yours. We have a picture of one of them lying on top of the tv and looking down at it, squeezed in between the top of the tv and shelf above it.
They also like to stand beside it and bat at moving things (like hockey players). Incredibly cute, tv watching cats.

Rainecloud
01-21-2005, 07:42 AM
My cats are quite normal, I suppose. Sheeba (my personal favourite) does have an unusual habit, though. Whenever I cough or sneeze, she makes an unusual noise with her mouth, as if to say 'Shut up, I don't like you sneezing'. She's far too fussy when it comes to the noise level in my household.

o_O
01-21-2005, 09:28 AM
My cat used to sort of sit down, and use his front legs to drag himself around the place. The whole time still maintaining the sitting down position.

I'm not sure how correct it is, but I thought cats weren't supposed to be able to see the picture on a T.V; something to do with the frequency of it. :p

Armisael
01-21-2005, 12:09 PM
I usually watch TV with my cats..^_^

Chaos Rain
01-21-2005, 02:06 PM
Nobody cares about your obssession with Squinn. ~Krang

TheAbominatrix
01-21-2005, 02:09 PM
My cats mess with the tv sometimes. A lot of times they'll try and catch the mouse pointer on the computer monitor.

My two youngest like to drink out of the faucet, the two oldest like to drink out of the toilet (which requires them crawling inside and balancing on the dry part).

My grandma's cat used to bite me to wake me up so I'd pay attention to him. Cute, but very annoying.

Inferno
01-21-2005, 03:25 PM
I thought hockey was on strike.Yeah the pic was taken a year ago.

Dragon Ash
01-21-2005, 03:40 PM
My cat hates whistling. When I whistle she starts brushing up against me to make me stop and when that doesn't work she tries to bite my head or neck! :love:

m4tt
01-21-2005, 03:44 PM
My dog does all sorts of weird things.

She chases her tail sometimes, which is hillarious because she's so big. She does a happy dance when someone gives her a treat. She'll like bounce around the treat and jump around. It's cute! She watches TV sometimes too, but not that often.

One of the funniest things was when I played FFX for the first time. I got to the Thunder Plains and Rikku was crying and whining about hating thunder. Everytime Rikku talked my dog would freak out. I guess cause her voice is so high pitch. She'd turn her head from side to side and get real close to the TV and sniff it.

Then of course she lays like this for hours:
http://www.kingd0rk.com/photos/sadie/P1010025.jpg

Pure Strife
01-21-2005, 04:27 PM
When playing mp3s of cats screeching and fighting on my PC my dogs will go nuts. It's fantastic.

TheAbominatrix
01-21-2005, 11:59 PM
I had some meditation tracks, with outside noises and some with wolves howling. The howling wolves would freak my cat out, she'd perk up everytime and look for them. And with my other kitties, I make a yowling meow noise and they look for the cat everywhere, one of them will even stick her head in my mouth.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/Abominatrix/IM000328.jpg
And they all like paper bags it seems.

kikimm
01-22-2005, 05:24 AM
My cat loves to lay on my backpack. Or lie...whatever. I don't think that'd be particularly comfortable, but all right. She also has a tremendous amount of drool, but we won't go there.

:D

Tyckun
01-22-2005, 05:27 AM
Not much of a weird behavior, but when my dog sits around the house, she sits AROOOOOOOUND the house.

My grandma's dog jumps up and down when he hears a high pitched noise.

My friend's dog almost teared off my shirt once... >_>

Tyshat dog...

TheAbominatrix
01-22-2005, 06:48 AM
And another one, thanks to my room mate's odd cat. For some reason she likes to go insane and attack my mattress. She'll pull herself along the length of my bed, clawing and biting the thing all the while.

DMKA
01-22-2005, 06:59 AM
Offtopic: Are those your sheets TehAbominatrix? Cause if so, I envy you.

My dogs are terrified of my cats instead of the other way around. I don't get it, but it's a pretty hilarious site when you throw one of our little cats into the back with the dogs and they go crazy. The cats used to be scared of being back there, but now they walk around and mess with the dogs until they get bored.

TheAbominatrix
01-22-2005, 11:55 AM
OOC: They are indeed. It's one of the perks of having a small bed. One of the few.

I had a dog that would go crazy when he heard anyone speaking Spanish. I think it came from the people who abused him before we got him, but regardless, he once jumped off the roof-top patio to attack someone who was speaking Spanish back there. Of course, he didnt get them.

Your dogs are le awesome, DMKA.

And because I havent said it yet in this thread, Matt's dog is really my dog and she loves me best.

Creed
01-22-2005, 03:27 PM
Its weird behavier when ur dog has ben in ur house for 2yrs and still barks at the damn door bell

Calliope
01-22-2005, 04:36 PM
Sometimes when news scroll from side to side of the screen, like CNN for example, he tries to catch it, looks beside the TV and does not understand where the text goes! And he can stay there for a long time...

Teddy does the same thing :D