PDA

View Full Version : Favorite/Least Favorite Villian!

strawberryman
01-20-2005, 11:18 PM
If you had to choose between your favorite, least favorite, most annoying, (etc.) Final Fantasy villian, Who would it be?

Favorite-Kefka! He's absolutly nuts!
Least favorite- Exdeath... He's a cheap Bastard.
Weirdest-Kuja. Wtf is he? Man or woman...(i've always wondered...)
Coolest (in style)-Sephiroth! Who couldn't like his mad skillz?
and thats about it for me...

Flamethrower
01-21-2005, 12:23 AM
Favorite - Kefka. Evil and Hilarious, doesn't get much better than that.

Least Favorite - Ultimecia. Hi, I'm some random evil sorceress with no back story whatsoever. Fear me.

Alexander
01-21-2005, 12:34 AM
Favoite and Coolest: Kuja. All-the-way. \o/
Least Favorite: Ultimecia. Hi, I'm Rinoa but at the same time I'm not Rinoa and I have a ring like Squall's one. I can use the ring to summon Griever but he can't and the rings are the same. You can cry now.
Weirdest: By far Seymour... he comes from 60's! o__O

strawberryman
01-21-2005, 01:24 AM
Kuja is cool and all, and i like all of his/her music themes...
it's just the fact that i cannot tell what gender he/she is that freaks me out. Any suggestions? :confused:

turnitup5000db
01-21-2005, 05:13 AM
Favorite : Golbez. Almost as powerful as cheese. Or lincoln with febreeze.

Least Favorite: Dark King (FFMQ). Bad name, not difficult in the least, and less back story than ultimacia.

RedCydranth
01-21-2005, 06:00 AM
It doesn't have to be final bad guys.

Favorite bad Guy = Ultros. Funny and a challenge.

Least favorite = Zalbag. He's TOTALLY a good guy! (Cries!!)

Crazy the Clown
01-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Favorite-Kefka. That laugh meant some kind of mayhem was gonna be stirring up, soon.

Least favorite-Gilgamesh. Talk about the ice cream headache that wouldn't go away.

Shoden
01-21-2005, 09:43 PM
most fav: Sephiroth
Least fav: Kuja (transvestite muhahahaha)
Neutral: Seifer he isnt good or evil he just follows the winning side that attitude makes him a badass but he knows good from bad

louby_4eva
01-21-2005, 09:47 PM
Favourite:-Kuja, Seifer and Sephiroph all really cool
least fave:- Kefka weird

Martyr
01-21-2005, 11:55 PM
RedCyranth has a great point.

Ultros should be my favorite now. Gilgamesh and Kefka are good runner-ups.

But my real favorite is Garland!!!!! (No Kidding)

Anyway... My least favorite is probably GOlbez. FFIV is "overrated" incarnate and so is he.

Imperia
01-21-2005, 11:59 PM
Favorite villain- Sephiroth (he was the creepiest, most impressive FF villain. He was very complex as well)

Least favorite villain- Seymour (very unimpressive; weird, confusing)

strawberryman
01-22-2005, 03:59 AM
least fave:- Kefka weird
What do you mean? Kefka's cool BECAUSE he's weird.

Martyr
01-22-2005, 05:17 AM
What do you mean? Kefka's cool BECAUSE he's weird.
One of the most intense weaknesses in many humans is their inability to sustain the awesome poer of something original, creative, surreal and/or the like.
That's why we're all divided. New/Old. Kefka/Sephiroth. Books/Movies.
Let them do what they want. We can appreciate Kefka. And I will silently loathe and openly tolerate the "others."

strawberryman
01-22-2005, 08:52 PM
One of the most intense weaknesses in many humans is their inability to sustain the awesome poer of something original, creative, surreal and/or the like.
That's why we're all divided. New/Old. Kefka/Sephiroth. Books/Movies.
Let them do what they want. We can appreciate Kefka. And I will silently loathe and openly tolerate the "others."
true...

Sepho
01-22-2005, 09:02 PM
My favorite is Kefka - he's quite mad, and he gives the illusion that he's not physically powerful at all. His evil is purely genius, meaning that he battles mentally, while using minions and grunts to take care of the physcal aspect of his conquests. As you all know, anyone has minions is full of badassitude. Sephy merely looks cool. That's the extent of his cool, however.

But above all, I love him for the simple reason that, while all FF villians have cataclysmic intentions in common, Kefka is the only one to actually succeed in destroying the world.

My least favorite is Necron - it's a no-brainer. There's no backstory, and I keep thinking "wtf is a Necron?".

strawberryman
01-24-2005, 11:03 PM
But above all, I love him for the simple reason that, while all FF villians have cataclysmic intentions in common, Kefka is the only one to actually succeed in destroying the world.
that is the main reason why kefka rules!

badassitude
pulling a George Bush on us?

Snap Jumper
01-25-2005, 04:35 AM
Favorites: Beatrix, Rubicant, Ultros
Least Favorites: Dark Elf, Diablos, Valvalis

strawberryman
01-25-2005, 05:56 AM
Favorites: Beatrix, Rubicant, Ultros
Least Favorites: Dark Elf, Diablos, Valvalis
I don't think Beatrix is really classified as a villian...

pulling a George Bush on us?
kinda gives you a clue of who MY least favorite president is, doesn't it?

EDIT: Don't double post. Use the edit button to add more. -Murder

RedCydranth
01-25-2005, 06:13 AM
Kefka isn't the only one to successfully destroy the world. Actually Kefka didn't destroy, he defaced it. The Emperor in FF2 did a good job of leveling his world, the only reason the world was left the same was because of the graphics and limited space on the NES cartridge.

That emperor was a lame ass bad guy..

turnitup5000db
01-25-2005, 11:22 AM
Let us not forget that exdeath did about as good a job of leveling a planet as anyone could or has... him and his powers of "moo" (Muu? Mu? Mu Moo Muu Moo Muu. Finally, a dairy themed FF.) And he REALLY sucked as a villain.

Exdeath: Hi. I'm Exdeath. My motivation in life is to destroy the universe and kill us all by unleashing... MOO! Errm... Mu? Muu? Ok, I'm not sure exactly how you say it or whether it has ANYTHING to do with a cow... but I'm pretty sure its powerful. And I have minions! FIERCE, CUNNING MINIONS! FEAR THEM!!!

*Party watches as gilgamesh charges them, trips and impales himself on EACH AND EVERY weapon he posesses.*

Exdeath: Uhm... Ok, I'm sure I have more minions... somewhere... I am a FINAL FANTASY villain, after all. I must have more minions. Somewhere. Right?

Butz/Bartz: Uhh... If you have more minions, why didn't you send anyone but him at us through the WHOLE game?

Exdeath: Erm... uhh... YOUR NAME IS STUPID!!! *FLEE*

Lenna, Faris, and Cara/Galuf (Caraluf) : ... RIIIIGHT...

You get the point.

strawberryman
01-26-2005, 05:01 AM
Garland is cool and all, but the whole-
"I , Garland, will knock you down" thing got me laughing faster than an obese person runs for a burger. (that was random)

CloudVII
01-26-2005, 05:32 AM
Favorite villain- Sephiroth (he was the creepiest, most impressive FF villain. He was very complex as well)

Least favorite villain- Seymour (very unimpressive; weird, confusing)

meowwl
01-26-2005, 06:17 AM
My hands down favorite villain is Sephiroth long hair, badass and TALL. Weird as he was I liked Seymour too, he was so gracious and polite most of the time. Kuja seriously weirded me out from the neck down..I loved his feathery hair. I think my least favorite villains are Seifer from ff8..he reminds me of a couple of my ex boyfriends..arrogant and opportunistic, and Garland of FF9...He was being loyal to his cause..and that kind of made loyalty a bad thing.

strawberryman
01-26-2005, 06:26 AM
or are things kind of getting slow around here...
oh... that might be it.(suffering from lack of postage.)

ShivaBlizzard8
01-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Sephiroth is my favorite - at least he had a good reason for being crazy.

The worst, Ex-Death, for the reasons mentioned above, and the fact that he's A GIANT TREE. OH NO!

Ex-Death: "My final form is a humongous sycamore! Isn't that horrifying?"

Bartz: "...."

Ex-Death: "Come on, its so twisted! Look at this root, it kinda looks like a dead body!"

Faris: "Arrrrrr....."

Ex-Death: "You won't be so snotty after I branch you to death!"

Reina: "Let's just burn it."

Ex-Death: "NO! I still have so much stuff to suck into my giant black hole for absolutely no reason at all! I never got hugged as a child. . . "

turnitup5000db
01-26-2005, 06:30 PM
Exdeath HAS to be the most dysfunctional villain ever. In any serious, reality based situation, he would wind up like 8-bit's garland.

Wait a second. Garland likes to make cookies. Exdeath has Moo. Am I sensing a connection here?

AWWW... the final fantasy villains club is just a big bake sale...adorable...

Dreddz
01-26-2005, 07:55 PM
Sephiroth would walk in style and blitz everyone with his sword. So hes my Favourite villain. Worst got to be Kuja hes a bit weird

Destai
01-26-2005, 08:31 PM
I like all the bad guys in VII now that I think about it.
I like Rufus (or Shinra in general), Jenova and Sephiroth. They're all kickass.

strawberryman
01-26-2005, 10:45 PM
Evil is another.Sephiroth was cool, but thats all that came for him.
Kuja was... Seymour was freakishly polite , yet somehow evil.
Exdeath was a tree. Garland trips people. That one guy from FF4 (i don't remember his name at the moment) was the brother of a good guy.

Kefka is an evil insane clown, bent on the destruction of all for no absolute reason.

velvet.fireball
01-26-2005, 10:53 PM
jenova is my fave - that weird headless spook is the real brains of the operation :P.

least fave is prob seymour or necron for being a complete cop-out.

and bonus points to kefka for his excellent 'woop woop' laugh. i havent played the game all the way through - i got to the ultima weapon and kept getting killed.

ill give the award for best makeup to ultimecia

but a special award goes to ruby weapon for making me swear more times in those few hours than i have in my whole entire life.

rubah
01-27-2005, 12:00 AM
kefka is the most friggin' annoying.

I sorta thought ultimecia was cool looking. But she can't spell worth a flip;P

I didn't get necron at all. I'll give him the glory of being my least favorite.

I remember exdeath as being an awesome villain. At least by the time you fight him and stuff. 'YOU KILLED THE PEOPLE I LOVED! AND YOU'RE A STUPID TREE! DIE!'

Vegnagun was one of the more interesting ones, I thought. And it sounds cool too.

Flamethrower
01-27-2005, 02:08 AM
http://www.rpgclassics.com/subsites/floating/ExdeathTree.gif

A villainous tree. Wow.

...sadly, he still looks more menacing than Kuja ever did.

kikimm
01-27-2005, 02:27 AM
Hmm...out of the ones that I've played, I'd say either Kuja or Sephiroth. The more I play FFIX, though, the cooler I think Kuja is. Yes, he does have issues getting dressed, but that doesn't, and shouldn't detract from his personality. He's wonderful in Pandemonium.

My least favorite, though, would probably be Ultimecia. As much as I loved that game, I think they could have done a much better job with her. I didn't really hate her at all---more importantly, I didn't FEEL anything for her at all. Yes, I was ecstatic when I won, but it wasn't the same as other games. Yu Yevon, as well, was......well, dumb. To me, it felt VERY anticlimactic. Ugh.

:D

Flamethrower
01-27-2005, 02:44 AM
You bring up a good point about Ultimecia. She never really did anything that evil, or at least that directly effected you and your party. You, the player, had reason to hate Sephiroth because he killed Aeris. You had reason to hate Kefka because he killed HUNDREDS of people mercilessly, including the newly reformed General Leo. What did Ultimecia do to make you have desire to kill her? Sure, she possessed Rinoa, but she turned out fine, and she even gained some nifty new powers afterwards. Not to mention her being possessed brought her and Squall closer together. Dammit, the party should have been thanking her at the end, not fighting her. :D

man spoiler tags can be annoying sometimes...

rubah
01-27-2005, 03:03 AM
Plus there was that whole thing that she was going to ruin all life as we know it *shrugs*

And on the same lines, what the heck did necron ever do for us?

Flamethrower
01-27-2005, 03:10 AM
Yeah, but ruining all life as we know it is a requirement for any final villain. They gotta do something more than just that. :tongue:

kikimm
01-27-2005, 04:00 AM
Yeah, but ruining all life as we know it is a requirement for any final villain. They gotta do something more than just that. :tongue:

Yes. This is true. :D

I'd like to play a game where that wasn't the main objective, but I'll take what I can get.

:D

Takara
01-29-2005, 03:15 AM
Anyway... My least favorite is probably GOlbez. FFIV is "overrated" incarnate and so is he.

Dude! FFIV? Overrated? What have you been smoking? If you want an overrated game, look at FFVII (no offense to FFVII fans, I loved the game, but I find it too overrated).

Favourite villain would be a tie between Kefka and Kuja. They both dress rather flashily (though Kuja having more hips than me is a bit freaky), and, well, Kefka is insane, and Kuja is all poetic and stuff. I have a soft spot for weird villains. And Trance Kuja kicked ass. and Kefka's laugh still gives me the chill.

As for least favourite villain, it would have to be a tie again. This time between Ultimecia and Necron. I mean... WTF? Character development? What character development. They came out of the blue, and I never understood why the characters would want to fight them.

Ok, Zemus/Zeromus didn't have that much character development either, but he's weird, being a bald purple Lunarian in one form, and a blue hairball of doom/alien thing with claws in the other.

Alexander
01-29-2005, 03:25 AM
Ok, Zemus/Zeromus didn't have that much character development either, but he's weird, being a bald purple Lunarian in one form, and a blue hairball of doom/alien thing with claws in the other.

And after that he becomes a very ugly and brown monsters >_<'

Iridant
01-29-2005, 03:57 AM
Favorite:Anyone who does not say Kefka to this... :surprised :shoot:
Least Favorite:Havn't played all the games, but of what I have played, I'd have to say... Yu Yevon from FFX. What is with that guy? He's just some spider-like thing...
Most annoyed by:Have to say The Tidus-incarnation from FFX-2 that tries to destroy the world with vegnagun.

strawberryman
01-29-2005, 04:49 AM
Favorite:Anyone who does not say Kefka to this... :surprised :shoot:

:D :jap: :up: :up:

I Don't Need A Name
01-29-2005, 06:05 PM
Favourite-Kefka
worst-Seymour