PDA

View Full Version : HEELLPP!!

Kathryn
01-20-2005, 11:33 PM
I'm up to the Al Behd ship and I can't beat that sun of a boss

lord shishio
01-20-2005, 11:43 PM
Oh, that dude, I had trouble w/him, switch off between close and far away from the ship and attack. Also, check out www.ffwa.org www.ffwa.org, a strategy site I got from Shoden, it's very good.

Kathryn
01-21-2005, 12:09 AM
TRIED THAT DIDN'T WORK STRESSIN" HERE :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

rubah
01-21-2005, 12:12 AM
Do you have any light curtains? If yes, excellent. Mix two of them with rikku's overdrive. if not, mix up a couple of grenades, offhand you should probably have at least two of those, and they'd do decent damage.

Do you have any dragon scales? toss them. any other gems of that nature too. I'm assuming you're not too well levelled, so yeah.

Beat him down with a lot of overdrives, there's monsters in the ship so you can get them all build up. Use al bhed potions often, they're good for fixing poison breath.

I just kept him close up before I remembered that there were volleys of missiles, and beat him pretty easy. But like I said, I was pretty well levelled.
First time I played I had to reset five times before I got anywhere. but that was before I realized mixing light curtains was so awesome. (regen shell protect haste)

Emily52
01-21-2005, 05:39 PM
I think i read somewhere that mixing a map and a grenade can do a lot of damage. Also when he takes a deep breath, you might wanna move away from him. Oh, and when he casts haste on himself, if you've learnt dispel use that, or make Tidus cast Slow. But that either wont work or Evrae will just cast haste on his next turn.

Old Manus
01-21-2005, 06:07 PM
Actually bothering to train your characters = victory.

Trust me, this works with any enemy in the game.

Necronopticous
01-21-2005, 07:01 PM
Kathryn, get your overdrive up with rikku and mix Underdog Secret and Level 3 Key Sphere, whoever it hits in your party will now do 9999 damage with every hit. Should be real easy now.

Shoden
01-21-2005, 07:06 PM
Oh, that dude, I had trouble w/him, switch off between close and far away from the ship and attack. Also, check out www.ffwa.org www.ffwa.org, a strategy site I got from Shoden, it's very good.

oh yeah did you kill off them emerald and ruby bitches in ff7?

anyway which boss is this, sin or that dragon?

if its sin make sure you have loads of elixers so yuna can keep casting holy which does over 6000 damage then use aurons full break atatcks so it does more and everyone can do over 1000 damage, keep hacking away till the damn sod dies then you have to battle the other side.

if it isnt then cast holy on him as spells are long distance, lulu must have overdrive and ara or aga level spells to make it effective keep blasting away from long distance then use aurons full break to weaken it you should go out after 3 turns of hitting the damn thing.

Kathryn
01-21-2005, 08:20 PM
I think i read somewhere that mixing a map and a grenade can do a lot of damage. Also when he takes a deep breath, you might wanna move away from him. Oh, and when he casts haste on himself, if you've learnt dispel use that, or make Tidus cast Slow. But that either wont work or Evrae will just cast haste on his next turn.

I have Slowga and he absorbs it

Kathryn
01-21-2005, 08:23 PM

if its sin make sure you have loads of elixers so yuna can keep casting holy which does over 6000 damage then use aurons full break atatcks so it does more and everyone can do over 1000 damage, keep hacking away till the damn sod dies then you have to battle the other side.

if it isnt then cast holy on him as spells are long distance, lulu must have overdrive and ara or aga level spells to make it effective keep blasting away from long distance then use aurons full break to weaken it you should go out after 3 turns of hitting the damn thing.

it's the bevelle dragon before Yuna gets married and I have a walkthrough but it ain't that good.

Emily52
01-21-2005, 08:26 PM
I have Slowga and he absorbs it
Problem then. Just keep whacking him and cast haste on all of your characters, starting with Tidus then Rikku, then the rest of them.

Shoden
01-21-2005, 08:26 PM
ok then. keep casting high level spells from a long distance close distance is suicidal though. as long as you have alot of Mp and ethers cast away till it dies or if you want to have a deathwish then just use full break then blast away fro 2 turns then move away then cast for alot keep repeating till it dies for a faster kill

Kathryn
01-21-2005, 08:35 PM
I first started with pulling back and then the missles then magic then Wakka then move in that's when Game Over

I need help

Shoden
01-21-2005, 08:37 PM
try to avoid moving in what you need to do is use a full break then move out again then cast holy and other spells or use your Aeons at close range till they all die make sure they have overdrive mode activated alright. then move back and keep casting if you raised wakka great he should do at least 4000 damage to the dragon

Kathryn
01-21-2005, 08:42 PM
try to avoid moving in what you need to do is use a full break then move out again then cast holy and other spells or use your Aeons at close range till they all die make sure they have overdrive mode activated alright. then move back and keep casting if you raised wakka great he should do at least 4000 damage to the dragon

Yuna ain't in it you're on the Al behd ship

Shoden
01-21-2005, 08:56 PM
oh yeah i forgot about that damn im gettin mixed up with sin again. well make sure someone else knows white magic holy and is good with it auron uses full break tidus throws a shot you go out cast like hell for a few turns return to close distance use auron and keep going.

theres about a hundred strategies for this thing

Kathryn
01-21-2005, 09:07 PM
I haven't got holy

rubah
01-23-2005, 03:14 AM
Okay, you're just going to have to get lucky, okay? That or spend a friggin' long time levelling up with the random encounters inside the ship.

You only have underdog secrets at this point if you manage to get all the al bhed primers by this point, which without cheating you can only do if you already had them [mostly] found in previous games (which strangely enough, was my situation exactly:D) and you don't have a level3 keysphere at this point anyways, just the lvl4 one you can pick up in Home (unless there's a part of the game I need to seriously replay)

Evrae is immune to slow, but he can be dispelled. And the easiest way to have dispel at this point is if you ran kimarhi through rikku's grid to get to yuna's. which strangely enough I did as well, and it helped to save my hide:D Obviously, Holy is a long ways away for normal levelling, so that's out.

You probably would be best to go and level up inside the ship. Set tidus' overdrive to something that will load very very very fast so you can build them up and get energy rain (or if you really need to level, blitz ace ^^) I'd hope that you had slice'n'dice already@.@; I don't think you can leave to play blitzball at this point, so you're left with whatever overdrives wakka has. You can't get to enough places to get another of auron's, and incidentally, I'd use his initial one. It seems to have a delay action in it. and you can't eject evrae from battle anyways. Although I don't remember if it does as much damage or not. Also, you can level lulu's by getting to the next spells. Rikku's and Kimarhi's are also stuck as what you have (unless those bosses on the ship have good items, or you can steal very well from evrae).

Do you have a special sphere? Use it on someone (preferably someone extra fast) to get them to have Use. Then you can throw your damaging items at the stupid thing. From a distance, too, I think. if not, well just get back in close.

Things to watch out for obviously: poison breath--like I said, have someone else learn Use if possible, and throw al bhed potions like crazy; swooping scythe thingy-- annoying because he'll use it to get back in close, often before the missiles shoot out¬¬ but it also does damage to everyone in the party-toss more albhed potions. and when he hastes himself. dispel this if at ALL possible. it'll make it so much easier. ffx doesn't have dispel tonics, does it? -_-

good things to Mix: Super Mighty G (light curtainx2, lunar/lunar curtainx stat+(hp, acc, mag etc)or key sphere) Cluster Bomb (power/mana/speed/ability sphere+ statsphere (hp mp str etc)) Aqua Toxin (dragon fin (which I'm almost positive you can steal from evrae)x Musk (which you can steal from the eyeball dudes inside the ship.)) That's one protective mix, and two damaging ones. I tried to look for items that you would be likely to have (and that I knew for sure I have right now, since I just did that part) or could get. Super Mighty G woud be the first I'd use, it'll put rikku in haste and you can use Ally to great effects to reboost her overdrive up.

I had auron and tidus in my party when I had her mix up the super mighty G (if you don't have those exact items, there's about five million other ways to get it, and if you don't need regen, Mighty Guard might work as well, although I don't think it does haste, but you have tidus for that) because like I said, I forgot to use the missiles and I was up in that nasty dude's face the entire time. But you might want to use Lulu and Wakka instead, since they can hit from a distance (but I don't think wakka's overdrive works like that, so either use it first and start building it back up, or wait until evrae decides he misses your company and swoops back in)

Oh, and all those useless boosting abilities? Cheer, and focus especially?

They work better than you think. And they're rather slow on the usage time. Try to time it so Evrae can't batter you too badly, or that Cid's busy smacking it with missiles while you cheer everyone up ten times. (I think that it stops after about that far. that or I'm mistaking it for x-2) Cheer can raise your strength by like 500 though, and I'd assume that Focus does the same for magic.

You'll want to hurry though, incase he decides to kill you.

(I can't think of another way to dispel his haste. If you can't get anyone over there to get it, you'll just have to deal with a monster that's just as fast as [faster] than you are.)

Keep trying though. Experiment. Evrae is tough if you're not expecting him or having been stealing and levelling. Remember you can buy [rather crappy] weapons from rin and customize them. Consider that. Buy up a lot of antidotes and give people poisonward?

lord shishio
01-24-2005, 11:25 PM

Yeah, I got Emerald, but I can't get ruby, it's hard enough just to get him out of the ground. Thanks for the site.
I also noticed you changed your avator

As for Kathryn, I had the most luck when I fought him close to the ship using Tidus and Auron, if that doesn't work, I guess you're screwed.

Kathryn
01-25-2005, 09:42 PM
nerly all of my characters are in there 3000 hp

Ultima Shadow
01-26-2005, 11:17 AM
Take a deep breath, pick up your controller... and then go and level up a bit. :greenie:

THEN it will be alot easier for you. ;)

I Don't Need A Name
01-26-2005, 03:42 PM
pull out and have rikku heal with al bhed potions and wait for the airship 2 fire all of its rounds. then go back in (still healin wit rikku) and give him all uve got (tidus's delay attack/buster helps). also when he inhails delay its attacks and pull out. later on in the game u have 2 its zombie form. uze pheonix downs on him and its easy! hope that helps

Kathryn
01-26-2005, 09:53 PM
that didint worjk ither

lord shishio
01-27-2005, 11:05 PM
Hmmmmmm.............well............................ I actually had to start a new file a while back, when I got stuck at a different part..............................did you try.....uh, man, I'm out of ideas, sorry. :cry:

rubah
01-27-2005, 11:35 PM
If you're at 3000 hp (and equivilent other stats) you really shouldn't have having a problem.

What exactly do you do every time?

Old Manus
01-28-2005, 07:16 PM
You could try getting attack reels....or TRAIN.

Kathryn
01-28-2005, 09:35 PM
If you're at 3000 hp (and equivilent other stats) you really shouldn't have having a problem.

What exactly do you do every time?

I let Rikku do her break limit and it was potato masher, then pull back then haste then magic then Wakka then game over

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-28-2005, 10:00 PM
It seems that you just dont understand ALL this help but I will say this helps:

Train: You will thank your self later! And you will like the results!

Kathryn
01-29-2005, 09:40 PM
I ain't got any spheares left

VoodooChild
01-30-2005, 12:13 AM
Lmao! How many times have you tried defeating this guy?!

You say your characters are on 3000hp, Im sure I was the same when I tried defeating him. I had lots of trouble because I didnt know how to use the Al Bhed Potions - I didnt realise Rikku was the only one allowed to use them, when I figured that out - I just made Rikku use the potions almost every turn! Beat him easily :)

If your really stuck, try reading some Boss Walkthroughs ...

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_boss_a.txt

Thats a really good one - Boss 18 Evrae :) Good Luck!

Kathryn
01-31-2005, 04:44 AM
I have tried about a thousand times

lord shishio
02-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Al Bhed potions are lifesavers in this battle, at least when he uses poison breath.

But god, how long have you been stuck on him? My first response to this was weeks ago.

Kathryn
02-01-2005, 04:57 AM
about since the 2nd of march last year

chilpepper
02-01-2005, 06:34 AM
lol, i bought my PS2 with FFX last week. i read u were havin troubles with evrae so i started trainin. yesterday i beat it easily. i recommend u startin over

Kathryn
02-02-2005, 05:09 AM
I don't want to start again

EDIT: Do NOT go around the swear filter like that again. It is in place for a reason. -Murder

sayen
02-02-2005, 09:51 AM
I know that’s a bich of a boss. (Opps not suppost ta swear oh well.) you can get shears from the monsters on the airship magic is pritty lame against it but its not immne to zombie. Use hasteaga on your party stay as close as possible stock up on al bed poitions and phionix downs the get armur with poien ward buy buying one with a slot and using a lot of antidots also puchsable from rin. At start use hasteaga and ice moves ps. I dident have the aga move the fist time and still won. Then just tidus attack with the warror overdrive mode set and lulu magic with comrade overdrive mode and rikku using al bhed poitions don’t fly away keep asclose as possible. If it casts haste ignore it and make sure you use hastaga whenever some one gets ko ed and revived. This battle with 3k hp on each char hitting for 3k+ shuld be easy as I did it on 2k hp and doing 2k damage.

alexholker
02-02-2005, 01:10 PM
If it casts haste ignore it and make sure you use hastaga whenever some one gets ko ed and revived.Why would you ignore it? It only takes a single action to cast Dispel, and over the length of the battle it provides far more than that in return.

sayen
02-02-2005, 01:15 PM
i ignored it and just made sure everyone was hasted i still won by miles without the use of the missle salvos.

as goku said "he did realy a number on me with thes move but i still won eh"

rubah
02-02-2005, 11:12 PM
dispel is easier, but unless you feed someone a white magic sphere if yuna has already learned it, *or* you run kimarhi through the white mage path, it's hard to have it. and my yuna hadn't learned it at that point, so I was glad to have kimarhi:)

Well, maybe not in the international version with the expert sphere grid, but I dunno:)

I never had dispel for that battle until this third time, and while it did make it a lot easier, he wasn't impossible previously.

(just took about five reloadings)

Kathryn
02-03-2005, 06:33 AM
it takes me 10 times!

sayen
02-03-2005, 01:18 PM
Ten times even om my crappy stats when I fist fought evray it only took me 3 times to get it right without a guide.

lord shishio
02-03-2005, 10:12 PM
My defeat was pretty much based on luck.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-03-2005, 11:24 PM
most of them were luck in those kind of battles!

Kathryn
02-04-2005, 02:30 AM
:tongue: :confused: :cry: :rolleyes2 ;) :) :p :cool: :mad2: :mad: :greenie: :love: :eek: :( :D

sayen
02-04-2005, 11:35 AM
:tongue: :confused: :cry: :rolleyes2 ;) :) :p :cool: :mad2: :mad: :greenie: :love: :eek: :( :D

you beat him yet?

im almost there on expert spheare grid and havent gotten dispel yet mayby cause i got yuna fira watera blizzra and thundra and for some reason she is better than lulu using those spells

Kathryn
02-05-2005, 12:32 AM
I'M ON EXPERT GRID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

oxo rockerchick oxo
02-05-2005, 02:24 AM
Ok. This is how I beat the bugger (funny word). I had Rikku out almost all the time. She has them Al Bhed potions I like. Keep hitting the thing and use Al Bhed potions to heal(2000hp, you should have a lot. If not... oh well.)/cure statis stuff. I beat him after like 2 times.

lord shishio
02-08-2005, 01:35 AM
If you say so, not that your faunt was bright enough to make out anyways, but............ I feel your pain Kathryn, or, at least I did at one time.

LillyKimilly
02-14-2005, 08:28 AM
If your still stuck, I found it best to move away weneva he inhaled as the poisen breath always killed me. Delay attack also helped cos u can get away sooner. Wen he inhales he just pulls back his head and doesnt attack. I was stuck on him and restarted the game. Good luck

lord shishio
02-14-2005, 10:29 PM
I've got it, I've finally got it...
Go out to wal-mart, buy a big bag of... marbles (yah thats it) and go home once you get home, wait for your dad to say he wants you to build a fence fot the garden, and keep the hammer. Then go play FFX, and once you get to Evrae, take out the hammer and smash the T.V.
Sure the T.V. will be broken, but at least you beat the dragon. :)

moogle
02-15-2005, 12:32 PM
beat evrae buy just using phoenix downs on it! easy as that

Emily52
02-15-2005, 04:09 PM
beat evrae buy just using phoenix downs on it! easy as that
No you don't. Not in this fight anyway. You use Phoenix Downs in Bevelle when you fight it.

Kathryn
02-16-2005, 04:55 AM
now I neeed HELP IN BEVELLE TRIAL!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Old Manus
02-16-2005, 11:17 AM
If you mean the Bevelle Cloister of trials, there is a quick guide here (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_bevelle_temple.gif)

Emily52
02-16-2005, 11:53 AM
Those links never work though.

Old Manus
02-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Oh yeah. Well there is one on gamefaqs.

rubah
02-17-2005, 12:42 AM
It works perfectly well, and very easily in a browser with tabs.

rightclick+copy, new tab (or window if in a tabsless browser) paste. Or even in this window, if you have plenty of pipe and can reload pages in a snap.

but, if anyone ever complains about that, it's because they're just lazy.
(we've lived with the geocities thing for YEARS, and it's the exact same)

nice map you found. I like the way it doesn't hardly resemble the cloister at all:D but it beats ascii art, at least^_^

Kathryn
02-19-2005, 11:17 PM
I tried that it didn't work

lulusgirl
02-20-2005, 01:50 AM
i first got all of my overdrives up. i had rikku, lulu and Kimari out for special resons. Rikku=he can move the ship back and forth,Al Bhed potions
Lulu=she can cast spells if you are out-of-range
Kimari=high HP
i killed Evera in 2 trys.you should beat him(or her) easily ! ! ! ! !

Emily52
02-20-2005, 09:59 AM
you should beat him(or her) easily ! ! ! ! !
It LoL
Anyway, lulusgirl, we're talking about Bevelle now. Kathryn needs help with the trials.
Kathryn, I can tell you what's in my strategy guide, but it might not help you much because you can't see the pictures. Anyways:

BEVELLE TRIALS

1. Go past the first Glyph turning. At the second junction, the arrow will point alternately to the left and right, press X once it points to the western niche. Take the Bevelle Sphere and push the pedestal back onto the platform. Your next destination is the niche opposite. Press X several times once the Glyph arrow points towards the screen and you'll turn around and travel bavk to the south. At the first turn-off, stop the Glyph arrow as it points to the left, causing you to move to the Eastern niche. Insert the sphere into the recess in the wall, activating the main walk-way on the middle level. Take platform the to the southern Glyph on this level, and turn downwards.

2. Turn left on the next level (you'll remain on the middle level). Go past the first turning, and turn right at the second. If you keep going straight ahead by mistake, you'll simply find yourself travelling in a circle. Remove the Glyph Sphere from the wall, and insert into the pedestal. Set off again, and turn right at the next (north-eastern) junction. Remove the Bevelle Sphere from the pedestal and insert it into the recess at the end of this corrider. The wall will then open up, allowing you to remove the Destruction Sphere.

3. Insert the Destruction Sphere into the pedestal. Next remove the Bevelle Sphere from the wall, and insert it into the pedestal as well. Now travel back to the point where you previously removed the Glyph Sphere from the wall, and insert the destruction sphere. This will open up a passageway at the end of the corridor, South of your current position. Before heading in that direction, you'll need a second Bevelle Sphere. Travel to the first intersection on this level, where you'll stop automatically. Now head right towards the lowest level, where you'll find a Bevelle Sphere. Take it back up to the middle level. There will be a platform obstructing your path, but you need simply to push the pedestal to the other side and continue on your way. You must now leave the walkways.

Climb the stairs and insert the Bevelle Sphere into the recess in the wall. Take the HP Sphere from the chest on the right. The chest will vanish, leaving a glowing switch in its place. Step on the switch to make the pedestal appear. Turn around and push the pedestal towards the left of the screen on to the platform. Step onto the platformand you will be carried over to a chest containing a Knight Lance. Aswell as being one of the six keys to Anima, Kimahri will find this weapon rather useful. Head north to exit the trials and witness Yuna recieving a new Aeon.

lord shishio
02-22-2005, 10:05 PM
As I posted on page 1, [URL=www.ffwa.org] has a good guide. try it out.

beastboy
02-23-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm up to the Al Behd ship and I can't beat that sun of a boss
which boss are you talking about :cool:

rubah
02-23-2005, 10:52 PM
I'm guessing it'd be the one that has three pages of discussion about it.

maybe like, oh I don't know, evrae, perhaps?

but apparently she's beaten him now. so that's groovy.

lord shishio
02-23-2005, 11:14 PM
'Least I think she's beaten it, she probably stopped reading it a while ago because we are of little help to her.