PDA

View Full Version : Calm Lands Mystery...help?

Maniakos
01-21-2005, 12:36 AM
Hello, I'm new to all of this and I have one question...does ANYONE know what to do in the following situation?: In the Calm Lands, north of the tent in the middle of the plains, at the edge of the cliff, there is a ramp or walkway that leads down. However, there is a person there that won't let you pass. He says something like, "I must guard this area until something extraordinary happens", or something along that line. Does anyone know how to proceed down into this area? Thanks.

BackRoomKid
01-21-2005, 12:47 AM
Just forget it...you have to continue past the Calm Lands...don't worry, you'll get the chance to revisit that place...but until now, you have to just pass it

Maniakos
01-21-2005, 12:53 AM
Oh, ok. If it's not too much trouble, could you tell me when I'm supposed to come back and what I'm to do? I've tried revisiting after the first beating of Sin, but my attempts were still thwarted. Thanks.

rubah
01-21-2005, 01:29 AM
You get to play chocobo racing.

When you beat the lady on the chocobo race (with balloons and birds) he'll be all 'omg you beat her!!!11 no1's ev4r beat her!' and move.

You get tidus' caladbolg. Which is more or less useless, because I have a block about going back to chocobo racing and getting the sun sigil with 0:0:00 -_-

BackRoomKid
01-21-2005, 08:20 AM
Only good thing about Tidus' Caladblog is it's Triple Overdrive...you get your overdrive gauge filled 3x faster...and I think you can break the 9999 limit...I have it, it was tough getting the time to 0:0:00 but I think it was worth it

Memorylight
01-21-2005, 09:46 AM
Yepp it's worh it, Tidus kicks @$$ when he has the Caladblog and when he breaks the limit breake and hits like 20 000, I mean wow!

Maniakos
01-21-2005, 11:41 PM
Thanks so much, all three of you. I go now to finish the game. Look forward to more questions when I start playing FFX-2. (I'm trying to finish both X and X-2 before XII arrives...wish me luck.)

rubah
01-23-2005, 03:25 AM
I don't really see it as worth it. Tidus does just as good a 99999 to the majority of enemies in the game with just Excalibur. I don't see it happeneing against Nemesis when I get to that point, but still.
(an even mix of 45/99k with blitza ace against shinryu isn't bad in my book at all though)

Of course when I randomly go and race chocobos and actually get 0:0:00 I might be singing another tune, but I don't see that happening^_^