PDA

View Full Version : Light Jazz has stolen my brain...

Mindflare
01-21-2005, 05:57 AM
...and my music. My computer speakers pick up a local radio station (90.1, a light jazz/news station of some sort) better than music from my computer. It's really clashing with anything else I try to do. Any way to lessen or get rid of this interference? Thankya in advance.

Samuraid
01-21-2005, 06:37 AM
Your speakers? Are you saying that whenever you turn your speakers on, they pick up a radio station? Have you tried plugging the speakers into a different source (like a CD player) and seeing if the interfering radio is still there?

If the interferance continues, you should definitely look at getting a new set of speakers.

o_O
01-21-2005, 08:41 AM
Do your speakers have a built-in antenna? Are the wireless? :p

Endless
01-21-2005, 11:06 AM
My dad's TV could pick up CB radio convos, so it's not really a supernatural event, just interferences, which are solved by insulating the wiring (which acts as a long antenna) or by having proper EMI shielding within the speakers. So, try plugging borrowing someone else's speakers and see if they still pick the radio up, and if yours still do it if you move them around.

Mindflare
01-24-2005, 04:39 AM
Hmm... they pick up the interference whether they are plugged in or not regardless of what they're plugged into, as well. They're wired, pretty old speakers (originally on a Pentium 1 machine). I recently moved to another side of the building I live in and still pick up the interference. I guess they aren't properly shielded from this interference. I've been told there's an antenna just up the hill. My roomate's speakers don't pick them up, so I guess it's just the design of my speakers that pick up this station.

Thanks all.