PDA

View Full Version : Xenosaga and Religous Reference

paranoiasurviva
01-21-2005, 03:45 PM
what are all the religous references and symbols in xenosaga?

Doomgaze
01-21-2005, 07:58 PM
What are the names of all the stars in the sky?

The Captain
01-22-2005, 08:44 AM
More or less, Xenosaga takes much of the symbols from the lore of all the religions, mythologys and folk tales from the collective histories of this world. From using the stars in the sky, to references out of the Bible, to philosophy such as Nietzsche, they have taken quite an ambitious stance toward their story.

I have no doubt there are probably several dozen, perhaps even hundreds of websites that chronical many of these parallels.

Take care all.

darkchrono
01-22-2005, 07:16 PM
possible spoiler

Do you think them naming the zohars after the twelve apostles means anything more than just a religious reference.

Or do you think they will delve into the story of Jesus and his apostles later on in the series.

paranoiasurviva
01-23-2005, 03:11 AM
i actually thought that Chaos represented Jesus.

The Captain
01-23-2005, 03:58 AM
I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what develops as the series moves along. One would hope that through 6 entire games, they'd be able to answer some of these riddles and also address why they used all these various symbols and the like.

Take care all.

Behold the Void
01-23-2005, 09:29 AM
I think the fact that many of the attacks (especially chaos's) include angelic wings probably has some significance, as does the afformentioned name of the Zohar Emulators, or the name Zohar itself, which, as I understand, has Christian significance. It is a game stepped in religious references, much as Xenogears was.

Lindy
01-23-2005, 03:27 PM
It's not religious REFERENCES, UNDERCURRENT or SUBTLE MENTIONS.

THE WHOLE DAMN GAME IS RELIGION! IT GOES BEYOND REFERENCES!

Just like I need a way to go beyond capitals to express the raising of my voice.

There we go.

darkchrono
01-24-2005, 01:47 AM
spoiler

I just looked into information about the game and Ep. II will be partially about finding the holy grail

Wiegrahf42
02-22-2005, 04:08 AM
Shion's password is "ye shall be as gods". Junior's number on his hand is 666 the mark of the beast. Joachim Mizrahi is reading from what I think is the book of revalations in one part. Theres a giant cross in a sort of church in Pleroma and Nephillim wears one. There plenty of other I missed.

Necronopticous
02-22-2005, 07:07 AM
i actually thought that Chaos represented Jesus.

EPISODE 2 ENDING SPOILER
At the end of Episode 2 Chaos decides to finally "come out" with something, apparently some sort of power he's been holding inside for the past two games. During this scene, his true name is revealed to be "Yehoshuah" the phonetically correct name of Jesus.

Dreddz
02-22-2005, 05:14 PM
Its cause of these religous references that the game was not released in the UK. Supposed to be offending . But they released Manhunt which was the crudist/sickiest game i have ever played. Think its been banned from Dixons though