PDA

View Full Version : Clouds Villa

Bubbles1230
01-21-2005, 04:24 PM
okay, you know that huge house n Costa del Sol thats like 300,000 gil. Well, i Just bought it! it is sooooo cool! Has anybody else ever bought it?

DMKA
01-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Yes, I have, and my question is: Is there ANY POINT WHATSOEVER to buying it?

DJZen
01-21-2005, 08:42 PM
Yes, you can throw killer lightswitch raves in it.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-21-2005, 09:17 PM
You can rest for free and see Cloud be embarrassed in the bathroom when he wakes up. The menu changes its location, too. "Cloud's Villa." Or, it calls it my villa b/c I named Cloud after myself.

finalheaven
01-21-2005, 10:45 PM
oh! hey i didnt know that dam i totally forgot about that *doh smacks head* and i have enought gill..neway cool im gonna try that...*finds ff7*

DMKA
01-22-2005, 01:45 AM
HOLY 5HIT! I didn't know that!

*plays FF7*

Yuffie514
02-18-2005, 11:48 PM
i bought it once in my old file :tongue: . it wasn't worth it since i can't do much 'cept sleep in the beds :sweatdrop . 300 Gs down the drain... :( :p

Maxico
02-19-2005, 12:12 AM
I heard that if you collect the 1/32th soldiers they appear dotted around the villa. Never bothered to check though.

BackRoomKid
02-19-2005, 01:38 AM
isn't there no point to the 1/32 soldiers??? I thought there were only 2 of them in the game.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-19-2005, 01:51 AM
I think you can win them in the Gold Saucer, right? Hence, you can get a bunch of them. I'm pretty sure these are useless items, like that sweeper thing in the Crater. I wonder why they put them in there.

Flashback007
02-19-2005, 09:16 AM
isn't there no point to the 1/32 soldiers??? I thought there were only 2 of them in the game.

They are as usefull as Tissue's. But I bought the Villa, I even went out to get enough money. It can be very handy, especially when you want to travell the world, are to lazy to buy tents and to cheap to go and sleep in an inn.

And ofcourse what DJzen says:

rubah
02-19-2005, 07:34 PM
Wouldn't the cost of buying the place be more than the cost of inns and tents?

but not nearly as fun, no, of course.

Maybe I should go buy the place. I could use a few killer lightswitch raves

Shoden
02-19-2005, 08:02 PM
how the hell do you turn the raves on

Maxico
02-19-2005, 08:17 PM
With the power of love.

Mindflare
02-19-2005, 09:08 PM
300 Gs down the drain... :( :p
How many All materia have you mastered?

I like Cloud's Villa. It's something to show off. The lightswitch raves only add to the fun.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Ok, the raves joke is running so much, I'm beginning to believe it. It's just a joke, right?

TheSpoonyBard
02-19-2005, 10:30 PM
No, it's true. Why would we be joking? <- sarcasm

BG-57
02-20-2005, 01:39 PM

It seems to be a similar gag to the 1/1000 of an airship that appears for auction in FFVI. You can try to buy it, but you always get outbid.

Anything fractional seems to be useless in FF games. ;)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-20-2005, 01:44 PM
Yeah, like the secret materia you can find in the villa after you buy it that teaches you 1/12 Meteor.

Shoden
02-20-2005, 05:29 PM
lol thats funny

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-20-2005, 08:25 PM
If you use Lucca's invention to travel to the past, you can get a 1/5 Reeve, 1/10 Heidegger, 1/7 Scarlet, 1/9 Hojo, 1/4 Rufus, 1/9 President, and a 1/9999 Palmer.

Shoden
02-20-2005, 08:37 PM
eh wha

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-20-2005, 08:59 PM
What, didn't like that joke? I was alluding to Chrono Trigger (since I am in the middle of that game now), and the doll for Palmer would have to be a really small fraction since he's a big fat lard.

Shoden
02-20-2005, 09:36 PM
i've never played Chrono Trigger I have it but i never played it

Flamethrower
02-20-2005, 09:49 PM
Play it, dude. One of the best RPGs ever.

I never saw the point of blowing that much cash on something so insignificant. Sure, owning your own villa sounds cool, but there's not much you can do with it.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-20-2005, 09:55 PM
300 K isn't that much. Sell a mastered All materia, and you can afford four villas.

(Yeah, get FFC. FFIV and Chrono Trigger are supposed to be of the best SNES RPG's out there, although VI probably beats IV, but it was already in Anth. I beat FFIV, and am playing through CT for the first time.)

Craig
02-20-2005, 10:28 PM
Also, if you get everyone to lvl 99 and get everyones' ultimate weapons and limit breaks and speak to any NPC 600 times, Aeris gets revived and she's sleeping in your bed in the Villa and if you talk to her she rejoins your party and you see a special cutscene for FFVII-24.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-20-2005, 10:44 PM
FFVII-24? What's that? I am not even aware of a FFVII-2, or at least I know they're not calling it that. I've heard of FFX-2, though.

It would have been cool if the reward for beating Ruby and Emerald and getting the villa was something like that and Kingdom Hearts, where after the ending, you get an FMV preview of a sequel.

Del Murder
02-21-2005, 12:15 AM
FFVII-24 occurs in real time.

Polaris
02-21-2005, 11:14 AM
I bought it, yeah is really cool the villa!!!

Auron's Blade
02-21-2005, 11:58 AM
Yeah I bought it too I liked it no use besides sleeping, and looking at it.

Queen Anthai
02-21-2005, 12:21 PM
Yeah I bought it too I liked it no use besides sleeping, and looking at it.

Jeez, that's just how I felt about most of my exes. :D

DJZen
02-21-2005, 08:47 PM
With the power of love.

You forgot the powers of peace, unity and respect.

.....by your powers combined.....

BackRoomKid
02-22-2005, 11:27 PM
^^^Captain Planet theme song?

Tissues? How do you get those again?

UltimaLimit
02-22-2005, 11:42 PM
Go get your ass kicked at the Battle Arena in the Gold Saucer. (Though come to think of it, sometimes you get Tissues even if you win... must be to wipe the monsters' blood off your sword.)

Anyway, the Villa is a nice little touch. I always loot the basement my first time in Costa Del Sol, then buy the Villa in Disc 3. I only stay there if I happen to be in the area, though. When I'm away, I let the neighbors throw parties/raves in it. :p

The Villa actually can be cost-effective, if from the moment you buy it you never use another Tent or Inn, and rest only in the Villa. It'll take a LOT of healings to pay for itself, though.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
02-23-2005, 12:02 AM
Most Likely if your in a Place whare you need a Tent... going all the way to Costa Del Sol is gonna be kinda ot of the way.

But it still beat Paying for an Inn in any other Town :love:

I always Buy it Late in the Game When im all rich and have nothing better to waist my Money on.

Im always really poor the 1st Visit to Costa Del Sol.

Skyblade
02-23-2005, 05:09 AM
Yeah, there's no reason not to get it by the end of the game. You shouldn't need the massive cash you should have by that point for anything else.

Flashback007
02-24-2005, 09:14 AM
I can see it happen. That you are almost at the bottom of the Nothern Crater. "Oh, wait, my HP is almost on zero, come on let's go back and rest in my house in Costa del Sol"

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-24-2005, 12:57 PM
Yeah, I think 99 tents is less than 300 000 gil, right? I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure it is.

Strategically, getting the villa is absurd. But, if you're a perfectionist and want to get everything in the game, or at least do everything and watch every scene, go buy the villa. It's something to do.

I'm not sure exactly how many battles this takes, but the quickest way to do this from scratch is to put an All materia on Cloud's Apocalypse, then fight battles in the Crater where that song called Renunion plays, and hopefully you have enough elixers. Before long, you'll master the All materia, then if you sell it, you can afford 4 and 2/3 villas.

Yuffie514
02-24-2005, 04:36 PM
please remind me not to buy that villa again...

if there's any make-overs i want to do on that villa, i would include:

1. slot machine :D
2. tv, radio, appliances
3. a PS console :mad: :D ?
4. ...or turn it into a B&B :p . 70 Gil per night :tongue: ! there's no guarantee i won't steal your materia though. :evilking:

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-24-2005, 05:41 PM
If I was Cloud, I'd make a deal with the Kalm Traveler.

"Well, I wasn't able to give you the Desert Rose or the Earth Harp, but maybe I could give you the villa. . .for the low low price of a gold chocobo and master materia!"

Maxico
02-24-2005, 06:06 PM
Feh, Im sure yuffie would sell it behind your back to fund her crippling materia addiction.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-24-2005, 09:13 PM
Cloud should be like, "We'll sell you all our materia for 300 000 gil. Oh the money we collected on our journey is mine, btw. mwa ha ha. Oh, Yuffie. Only Tifa and I can use the villa. mwa haha 2."

DJZen
02-24-2005, 09:47 PM
You only need to sell one mastered All materia for that kinda cash.

Yuffie514
02-24-2005, 09:48 PM
Cloud should be like, "We'll sell you all our materia for 300 000 gil. Oh the money we collected on our journey is mine, btw. mwa ha ha. Oh, Yuffie. Only Tifa and I can use the villa. mwa haha 2."

fine by me, you dirty couple :tongue: :p . the villa's no use for me when i'm out there stealing everyone's materia :lol: :radred: :radred: ! hahaha :tongue: :evilking: !

Swordicanus
02-26-2005, 11:30 PM
the villa is crap not worth 300,000 :mad2:

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-27-2005, 04:54 AM
"Okay, Yuffie. If you reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally want to use the Villa with me, promise me that you won't steal our materia until after we beat Sephiroth."

Oh, I have an idea. They should have done this to Yuffie. She never comes back after Tifa and Cloud sleep together under the Highwind. I would have made you buy the villa to get her back. You'd find her in the bed. If you talk to her, you get snoring sound effect again, and a text box that says, "Cloud." She rejoins you after doing the swish animation a few times and saying how strong she is and that Cloud always said they absolutely needed her on the team.

They should do that with Yuffie if they ever remake FFVII.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-27-2005, 04:57 AM
Haha, "the swish animation."

Rostum
02-27-2005, 05:16 AM
Come to my villa, free pie for all.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-27-2005, 05:31 AM
"The swith animation." Yeah, that wasn't very good descriptive details. The one where her arm moves around and you hear "shw shw shw"

Come to my villa, too. Free pizza and sushi for all. I also made a deal with that restaurant in the Wall Market, so you can have Korean BBQ's here, too. I also have a club downstairs. 1000gil per admitance. The dancers from FFIV are there, too. You can go to their dressing room through a hidden passage.

Rostum
02-27-2005, 06:03 AM
Come to my villa, too. Free pizza and sushi for all. I also made a deal with that restaurant in the Wall Market, so you can have Korean BBQ's here, too. I also have a club downstairs. 1000gil per admitance. The dancers from FFIV are there, too. You can go to their dressing room through a hidden passage.

You are stealing my friends. ;_;

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-27-2005, 07:25 AM
Oh, Shante is there, too. She sings that song from Arc the Lad II. I found the song on the Tournament CD.

Oh Nobuo and the Black Mages play there, too!

Oh, I think one day, the Item Shop guy would leave me a note. "I decided to put my item shop elsewhere. I live here, too, and you keep me up all night."

Hmm, I think think we should start writing humorous fan fics about Cloud's Villa.

Idea 1: The materia shop owner finds Yuffie at the club bar in the basement. "Hello, can I buy you a drink?" He starts hustling her, and they start talking about materia, getting along very nicely.

Yuffie514
02-28-2005, 05:17 AM
"Okay, Yuffie. If you reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally want to use the Villa with me, promise me that you won't steal our materia until after we beat Sephiroth."

ahem, i'm taking all the materia :love: , the weapons and the armours :bgl: , plus the items :chuckle: :fpdev: .

Hmm, I think think we should start writing humorous fan fics about Cloud's Villa.

Idea 1: The materia shop owner finds Yuffie at the club bar in the basement. "Hello, can I buy you a drink?" He starts hustling her, and they start talking about materia, getting along very nicely.

yeah... :erm: sure... :whoa: :p just wait till he goes to sleep and i infiltrate his shop :elk: . ah, the thought of all that materia: :chuckle: :radred:

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-28-2005, 05:44 AM
Yuffie has stashed the materia away. She is about to escape, then suddenly--

MSO: "hnn? where ya going, honey? Let's make more love."
Yuffie: "Uh, I can't. I, uh, have to go to the Cloud-- I mean, people I love."
MSO: "Oh, that play, Loveless. Very funny. Now, come to Papa!"
Yuffie: "Taking lessons from the Don, are we?"
MDO: *goes to villa disturbing Cloud.* *comes back*
Cloud: *Does limit break Cross Slash on Yuffie's clothes.*
*plop plop plop plop plop*
MSO: "Ahhh! My materia!"
Cloud: "Yes! I learned Blade Beam! Better sign myself up for that talent show in my villa club."

Kamrusepas
02-28-2005, 07:39 AM
I want the 1/4 Rufus :D

Yuffie514
02-28-2005, 01:56 PM
meh, it's going to take more than a hero to stop me :tongue: :radred: !

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-28-2005, 03:34 PM
Before Rocket scenes: "This is SIN. Meteor expected to land on Cloud's Villa."

After the rocket rams into Meteor, the expected target changed to Yuffie's House.

I kinda cheated with that joke, but it's still funny.

Yuffie514
02-28-2005, 05:05 PM
house :whoa: ? i don't live in a house :monocle: ! oh, wait -- Wutai :eyebrow: ! how dare you :laugh: ! i think it's time to send out the ninja assassins! :chuckle: :evilking: :laughing: http://www.creativeuncut.com/gifs/ff7-06.gif

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Thanks to Cloud and Cid's cooperation to change Meteor's trajectory away from his villa, during the altered ending, RedXIII makes an assessment of the situation.

"Forget Yuffie's house and the ninja assassins. We gotta worry about the Planet."

I could imagine that terrible music playing while it shows Meteor destroying Yuffie's House instead of Midgar.

When the Staff Role starts, Cloud turns to everyone and says, "Well, let's celebrate the survival of my precious villa by having a party over there!"
"Yeah, man. Let's all do our levah fo' limit breaks at the talent show. I'll do Catastrophe!"
"Hmm, maybe we should skip that one, Barret."

500 years later

Red XIII shows his kids the ruins of Yuffie's House.

Yuffie514
02-28-2005, 09:46 PM
so what :p ? Yuffie's still got your materia :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: !

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-28-2005, 09:50 PM
No, we gave it back to the MSO after I cross-lashed your clothes, b/c all the materia fell out.

Interesting, your clothes are in shreds on the floor, and you want to lead ninja assassins? That would be funny to watch.

KR: If Yuffie and I begin to piss you off, you're welcome to move this to a fan fic thread or something.

Yuffie514
02-28-2005, 10:02 PM
i'm still gonna swipe all the world's materia :D . couldn't even stop me from stealing yours, eh :upsidedow ? quick and elusive, that's my way :D ! i'll just build a new Wutai :meditate: , home of ninjas, bandits, and other criminals, but it's completely invisible to non-criminals :nibbles: .

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-28-2005, 10:09 PM
Part of the joke was Wutai didn't have to be rebuilt. Just your house.

You'd better hope you're invisible. *wolf whistle!*

Del Murder
03-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Please stay on topic and take your roleplaying conversation to pm. Thank you.

EDIT: Nevermind. I see you made a new thread. That's fine. :)

Polaris
03-09-2005, 10:26 AM
the villa is crap not worth 300,000 :mad2:

yes it doesn't worth but if u'll see u'll sleep 4 free, everytime u want!

GhandiOwnsYou
03-11-2005, 01:33 AM
I freaking love my Villa. I W-item glitched my way up to the cash, thus saving my precious mastered all materia. w-item some expensiv-o stuph and it's all gravy....

Tidus StarWind
03-11-2005, 05:21 AM
I always did buy the villa but I hardly every used it...

sephiroth JR
03-12-2005, 04:00 PM
the first time i bought the villa i sold a mastered all materia for 1000000gill and frankly was dissapointed whats there to do except sleep and whatch some creepy guy take a nap in your basement rubbish. unless anyone can tell me somthing better to do in it?

Shoden
03-12-2005, 04:27 PM
erm strip poker? oh wait theres the tard in the bacement why cant you abuse him it's your property

Nod
03-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Also, if you get everyone to lvl 99 and get everyones' ultimate weapons and limit breaks and speak to any NPC 600 times, Aeris gets revived and she's sleeping in your bed in the Villa and if you talk to her she rejoins your party and you see a special cutscene for FFVII-24.

:D totally. i did that the first time i played, so easy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: