PDA

View Full Version : task: eliminate ruby weapon

Maya
01-21-2005, 07:17 PM
I have played ff7 through several times, but I have never got enough luck to beat ruby weapon.
Is there any way to beat it easily(?) before it kills everyone in my party?
I gave up hope long ago. Ruby weapon is even tougher than Jenova and Sephiroth. Finishing them was childs play comparing to it.

Shoden
01-21-2005, 07:23 PM
www.ffwa.org on the ff7 section theres a detailed guide on how to beat ruby and emerald, it takes some time though as it took me ages to beat ruby then i found out he was a wuss. emerald was a loser.

ljkkjlcm9
01-21-2005, 07:36 PM
simply enough, summon Hades, it will stop him and you can summon knights of the round freely... you can also only enter with one character alive...

THE JACKEL

Shoden
01-21-2005, 07:40 PM
none of those summons are in ffX.

if its ff7 well you need about a million elixers

ljkkjlcm9
01-21-2005, 07:57 PM
none of those summons are in ffX.

if its ff7 well you need about a million elixers
uhm it is ff7, not ffx, that was asked about... and by summoning hades, you have nothing to worry about and don't need a million elixers

THE JACKEL

Shoden
01-21-2005, 08:04 PM
well the mimic option helps alot.

the FFX summon system sucked though my point before was that ff7 summons are too almighty whilst 8 didnt have as many plus the health system sucked with them.

the most annopying weapon for me was ruby emerald was a pushover

DJZen
01-21-2005, 08:16 PM
It's very simple:

Solo (one character alive, the other two dead)

(W Summon)==(HP Absorb) (Knights of the Round)
(Counter)==(Mime)

This combination will mercilessly slaughter any villain in the game as long as your HP is at 9999. With Ruby Weapon you should also tag EXP Plus and Gil Plus onto that to really be totally cheap. With Emerald Weapon you should have only the 5 materia I listed above, or his Aire Tam Storm followed by Revenge Stamp will kill you. If you absolutely insist on having more characters alive, make SURE that they all have the following materia:

(Mime)==(HP Absorb)

If a party member dies, just reset, or else you'll wind up having to use up ethers and phoenix downs to get yourself back to the point where you can cast KotR twice again, and you'll doubtlessly wind up wasting several if you get hit since you'll counter with the last action taken in battle.

Shoden
01-21-2005, 08:18 PM
try using phoenix aswell

DJZen
01-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Pheonix does very little damage meaning you won't be able to defeat Emerald Weapon without the underwater materia, which would increase the damage done by aire tam storm. If you tried to use Pheonix in conjunction with KotR with the W-Summon materia, it would do less damage than two shots of KotR, dragging out the battle and would also raise the damage from aire tam storm. The reason I use that particular combo is that you can do tons of damage for free, and it keeps the damage down to where you won't get killed. If you have 6 materia on one character with 9999 HP, they will die during that fight. Air tam storm does 1111*X where X=number of materia equipped, so on a character who has 6 materia equipped, it will do 6666 damage, leaving that character with 3333 HP left. Revenge stamp can do about 4000 damage, and will kill that character. If you use Pheonix, it will not only cost more MP, but then you'll have to doublecast KotR twice again, and for that you'll probably need to use an ether, by which time Emerald Weapon can kill you. If you have 9999 HP and a reasonable defense and magic defense, you won't have to worry about dying since you'll regain HP every time you get hit with my combo.

Shoden
01-21-2005, 09:05 PM
to kill emerald you need these
1 Final Attack at least level two.
2 Phoenix at the same level as Final Attack.
3 Knights of the Round at level 2.
4 HP Absorb.
5 Quadra Magic at level two.
6 Bahamut ZERO at level two.
7 Two magic plus materia (one at master level).
8 Several HP and MP plus materia at high levels.
9 One or two Mime materias (two preferred).
10 Two Sprint shoes.
11 W-Summon.

phoenix will ressurect you if you use it right

ljkkjlcm9
01-21-2005, 09:06 PM
haha, there are easy ways too ya know...
Ruby...w-summon hades/knights, all three can be alive, and you have no worry about getting hit... not hard at all

Emerald, go ahead equip a ton of materia... W-summon phoenix/knights... got a problem with it, link final attack with mime, therefore when he kills you, you're alive again. At this point I had already mastered mime so I had another with command counter mime, and was able to just stand there after my initial attack of w-summon... and win!

THE JACKEL

Shoden
01-21-2005, 09:08 PM
yeah but if you do it the safe and easier way it can take hours

Halenite
01-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Here's a guide I found online.
Though I have yet to try it.

FF7: Easiest Way to defeat Ruby
Required:
- MASTERED Command Counter Materia paired with Mime
(NOT, I REPEAT, NOT THE COUNTERATTACK MATERIA. THE COMMAND COUNTER IS A
BLUE MATERIA)
- Knights of the Round paired with HP Absorb
- Enough HP and defense so you don't die in one hit.
- High magic rating (200+)
- Ribbon <-- very important

Optional (but recommended so it doesn't take hours)
- 2 Knights of the Round Charges
- W-Summon
- Master Summon paired with MP Turbo (on different slots than the regular
KOTR one)

Before you start the fight, kill off your other two party members. When
you start the fight, simply cast Knights of the Round (W-summon or
without) on Ruby or the tentacles (doesn't matter). Now go get a cup of
coffee, come back in 10-20 minutes, and Ruby will be dead ^_^

Everytime Cloud gets hit, he will automatically counter with KOTR and
regain *tons* of HP (I kept getting more than 9999hp back). How can you
lose? :-) How can it get any easier than this?

This method will work against Emerald too, provided you have the
Underwater Materia and a light set of Materia so Aire Tyre Dam doesn't do
9999HP. Also because you probably don't have the Master Summon you'll
need a very very high Magic Rating because KOTR isn't Mp Turbo'ed. I find
it easier to do the well known KOTR-Mime-As-Fast-As-You-Can way to kill
him... although you need a little luck.

Shoden
01-21-2005, 10:43 PM
thats quite a good strategy