PDA

View Full Version : Dearest Aeris (Spoilers!!!)

Imperia
01-21-2005, 11:52 PM
FF VII has been out for a long time now, and now there's FFVII:AC, and people still have not gotten over Aeris' death, and are still hoping she will be revived, and even with the game now, people still ask how to revive Aeris. I think people really need to get over her. Yes, it was really sad when she died, but I think we all need to move on. She IS a character after all, and at least she died with dignity. I think we should just let the girl rest in peace.

What do you think?

Bubbles1230
01-22-2005, 02:18 AM
I agree, even though it was really sad and i wish she hadnt died.

Rase
01-22-2005, 02:30 AM
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

LET THE MADNESS END!!!!

Sorry. Anyway, yeah, been saying this since about a year after the game came out. Sure it's a big point it the game but COME ON PEOPLE!

Flashback007
01-22-2005, 09:02 AM
I never ever tought it differently. Look it kinda is not fun when you loose her and leveled her up awesome, but ah she is just a game charachter. So indeed, let the case rest.

Cloud57
01-22-2005, 09:26 AM
I know! What IS the big deal with Aeiris?
She's dead, so what?

Idaho
01-22-2005, 09:27 AM
How can you ever forget about beautiful Aeris? It's so heartbreaking when she dies, even when I play it after seven years.

battousai9439
01-23-2005, 02:23 AM
Maybe FFX-2 They could bring her back in AC, just like they did to Tidus in X-2

Aerith owns you...

SeeDRankLou
01-23-2005, 06:49 AM
Maybe FFX-2 They could bring her back in AC, just like they did to Tidus in X-2

Aerith owns you...
But Tidus was never alive in the first place, so they didn't bring him back to life, they just recreated him. Aeris was alive and she was killed, that's different.

Armisael
01-23-2005, 09:20 AM
Aeris=Human
Human=Die
She died..End of story..She can't be revived..

Ultima Shadow
01-23-2005, 09:58 AM
Aeris=Human
Human=Die
She died..End of story..She can't be revived..
Aeris=Human
Human=Die
Life2=Revived :p

Sefie1999AD
01-23-2005, 10:26 AM
Aeris=Human
Human=Die
Life2=Revived :p

Life2 = Revived from KO/Wounded status, not death.

Yeah, I agree, it's been over 7 years since the game came out, and still people are mourning for the death of one character (a very good character, though). Even though by now, everyone should know that she can't be revived, people still ask for a way, or believe those silly rumors that she comes back to life in the Japanese version or that you can get Tifa killed instead of her. But that's all false, Aeris is gone.

For those who are really, really desperate for her revival, let me say one thing. Cloud said he could meet her again in the Promised Land. This could mean that he'd meet her again in after-life when he dies, but Tifa's reply "Yeah, let's go and meet her" doesn't exactly suggest to that idea, unless she wants Cloud and her to die and meet Aeris. Which I doubt. So I think the Promised Land lives in everyone's hearts, so if Cloud keeps Aeris there, she'll always be with him. And whoever keeps Cloud inside his/her heart will make sure Cloud will always live inside that person. So that way, Cloud, Aeris and others will never truly die.

Aeris was a great character, but now she has become "one with the Planet." So farewell, Aeris (and see you again in KH, KH CoM and KH2 :D)!

Armisael
01-23-2005, 11:56 AM
Life2 = Revived from KO/Wounded status, not death.

Yeah, I agree, it's been over 7 years since the game came out, and still people are mourning for the death of one character (a very good character, though). Even though by now, everyone should know that she can't be revived, people still ask for a way, or believe those silly rumors that she comes back to life in the Japanese version or that you can get Tifa killed instead of her. But that's all false, Aeris is gone.

For those who are really, really desperate for her revival, let me say one thing. Cloud said he could meet her again in the Promised Land. This could mean that he'd meet her again in after-life when he dies, but Tifa's reply "Yeah, let's go and meet her" doesn't exactly suggest to that idea, unless she wants Cloud and her to die and meet Aeris. Which I doubt. So I think the Promised Land lives in everyone's hearts, so if Cloud keeps Aeris there, she'll always be with him. And whoever keeps Cloud inside his/her heart will make sure Cloud will always live inside that person. So that way, Cloud, Aeris and others will never truly die.

Aeris was a great character, but now she has become "one with the Planet." So farewell, Aeris (and see you again in KH, KH CoM and KH2 :D)!
Amen!

JayDee
01-23-2005, 12:27 PM
get over it this is stupid

DaggerFlux
01-23-2005, 12:36 PM
aeries died. i didnt care then and i dont care now lol

Craig
01-23-2005, 01:16 PM
I actually didn't give a damn when she died.

Gregoriev
01-23-2005, 06:25 PM
Holy Crap!!!

It's not that people are in love with the character, it's the fact you just spent what, like 45 hours building this awsome character, and keeping her in your group to level her up, then all of a sudden she is killed in a damn FMV that you had no control over!

So they you say, No freaken way, now i have to replace her with somebody decent. Only to realize you have been using the same three characters of Aeris, Tifa, and cloud the entire freaken time. This means everyone else is like 1/4 their level, and totally useless.

You also loose the designated healer/spellcaster in your group. although you could spread around the spellcastin and use restore or something better than that, you still ahve a deficiency as far as limits go.

because what limit breaks kick...er...heal more arse than hers!?

THAT is why people care IMO, i mean really...there is also the part where by carefully choosing your responses you think you are going to get with aeris by totally blowing off tifa. (I have not beaten the game yet, and i think that the dialogue may be KOTORish in that you can fall in love...right?)

It's not love for pretty in pink (aeris), it's hate for having to bring another damn character up to a decent level. This is just like playing (Place your favorite RPG here) for 2 years only to have a corporate server crash or something and your charater gets deleted.

yeah....it's like that....i've been there.
DAMN YOU ANARCY ONLINE!!!!

DJZen
01-24-2005, 05:44 PM
How about in FFII when Joseph dies after being your party's hardest hitter? Or having Minwu die after coming equipped with HIGH level white magic at an early part of the game? Or having Richard die after you FINALLY get him to be a decent and worthwhile fighter? Or what about in FFV when Galuf dies after being in your party the whole game? Or in FFIV when Tellah kills himself trying to stop Golbez AND FAILS? Final Fantasy has a long history of killing off your characters (usually some of your most invaluable ones), but for some reason people were hit hardest by Aeris. My hunch is that it's because for many people, FFVII was their first FF, or because it was the first time a party character was killed in an FMV. Whatever the case, it also bugs me that people still refuse to let it go. I thought she made an amazing healer, but then again, so did Minwu.

ljkkjlcm9
01-24-2005, 05:53 PM
I never understood the big deal, because anyone could use magic and become a good healer, and I'd prefer my limit breaks do big damage over anything else. Plus when you have her, her limit breaks are overkill, ie making you invincible on easy bosses. I NEVER used her anyways because she was such a weak attacker, and anyone can be good with magic, so why not put good attackers with materia, to have the best of both worlds? My final party was Cloud, Barret, Cid, and the only other person with a final limit that hits more than once is Tifa, but these guys all hit more times, so whatever.

THE JACKEL

BudSoda02
01-24-2005, 06:00 PM
You know, you should just try playing some of the earlier FF's like FFII. FFIV, FFV & FFVI. I won't spoil it for you, but a lot of Characters important to the story (that have a pretty big role.) die in FFVI, you just have to play it to believe it. I still think Sephiroth was a little more evil, but he turned evil, Kefka was evil, even when he was a kid. Try playing FFVII over after playing these games. By the way YOU CAN'T REVIVE AERIS. GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

Trumpet Thief
01-24-2005, 06:32 PM
chaos: I have to say that Aeris' death was completely overated. A lot of people have gotten over her death, yet some people treat it like a REAL HUMAN DEATH.

Trowa: I can't really say that she was completely perfect, but, it was quite sad when she was killed off. But remembering it so much ain't going to do you much good.

Flamethrower
01-24-2005, 11:44 PM
But my friend told me that if you get to disk 3 under 20 minutes you can get the rainbow chocobo and fly to outer space and fight the Omni Weapon and win the Life 3 materia then you can revive Aeris. :cry:

lord shishio
01-25-2005, 12:07 AM
I actually didn't give a damn when she died.

Same here, if only he'd done it in a manner where as her head was chopped off...... ( begin to think evil thoughts....oh no, someone stop me before I try some of them out on myself!!!!!!!!!!!

FourShiningOrbs
01-25-2005, 09:13 AM
Well, it definitely changes how you play through Disc 1 the second time through (unless, of course, you're one of those nutty people who worked to get her ultimate weapon and/or level 4 limit break). I think people get so worked up because she was a naive flower girl, who was only fighting evil because he had to fulfill her obligation as an Ancient. But still, get over it already.

MistaCloudStrife
01-25-2005, 10:06 AM
Like i've said before in plenty forums....

Shes dead yes... But that doesnt mean Cloud cant be with her....

*SPOILERS*

Alright... in AC, Cloud has Geostigma... he's basically given up on life... and he wants to die... I believe he wants to end his life and be with Aeris... this is obviously bad since he needs to save the world right now... so i think he gets over that and TA DA saves the world again...

And hey... he might die... and end up with Aeris... if he talks to Aeris... (thru the lifestream or in his head or something) She'll prolly tell him not to throw his life away or something... =) Cuz shes kewl like that... ^_~

Heres a kewl scene from the 30min preview... 'I' like it anyways...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cloud: I think a want to be forgiven, yes i want to be forgiven..

Aeris: Forgiven? By who? You do know, that I never blamed you for anything...

Cloud: But I... let you die...

Aeris: You need to learn how to forgive yourself...