PDA

View Full Version : Illusion Of Gaia quickie poll

Queen Anthai
01-22-2005, 01:48 AM
This was one of the most underrated, underappreciated games Enix has ever made. And GOD, is it ever fun! :love:

Since the trend these days is to re-release everything, don't you think they ought to do a Game Boy remake of this fine slice of 16-bit heaven?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-22-2005, 01:54 AM
I guess Enix could rerelease it if they wanted to, even though Quintet dissolved years ago. I'd rather they not do it on GBA, though, since IoG had pretty large sprites and the cramped resolution would be pretty unbearable. It'd be best, I think, if they put all three Soul Blazer games on one DS card. I'd buy it in a second.

DJZen
01-22-2005, 03:31 AM
They made THREE Soul Blazer games?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-22-2005, 03:40 AM
Soul Blazer
Illusion of Gaia
Terranigma

Sepho
01-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Played 'em all, but Illusion of Gaia is the only one I've played on the original cartridge (had to resort to emulation for the other two), and I would play a rerelease.

Del Murder
01-23-2005, 03:28 AM
Ooh, all three would be great. I'd buy it.

DJZen
01-24-2005, 06:02 PM
Me too, I never played Terranigma.... AND NOW I WANT MORE!!! :(

Lord Chainsaw
01-25-2005, 04:29 AM
I thought the whole series was pretty clever.

Soulblazer focused on creationism
Illusion of Gaia focused on evolution
Terranigma focused on reincarnation

Enix was the king of innovation on the SNES I tell you. But for such an innovative company, it amazes me they couldn't do anything different with their SNES final bosses beside have big brutes who aren't vulnerable to hits until they're ready to fire beams out their mouths.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-26-2005, 07:08 AM
I would absolutely love to see a rerelease of the whole series, especially Terranigma which I never played.

Stayin Dizzy
02-01-2005, 07:50 PM
how good was soul blazer?? i beat illusions and terrenigma in that order and loved them both, but ive just doubted id want to go play the 1st after all this time only to not like it.