PDA

View Full Version : Series's that you'd like to see go portable

Rase
01-22-2005, 02:21 AM
With the Nintendo DS and the Playstation Portable, it's obvious that the portable agming war is gonna have a lot more ammo. So, what game series's from Sony/Nintendo would you like to see transferred to thier systems?

Mine:

DS:
Super Smash Bros.
Star Fox
Zelda
Mario Party

PSP:
Real Metal Gear (with stealth, not cards)
Rachet & Clank
Tony Hawk Pro Skater/Underground
Gran Turismo

Rainecloud
01-22-2005, 12:05 PM
I'd like to see some original games for a change, as opposed to re-hashed "classics".

With brand new ideas and concepts, the DS/PSP could go far.

Rase
01-22-2005, 08:01 PM
Yes, but let's look at reality. Every new console from a company has repeated "classics" from thier older console. Sure, there will be original games, but do you really think there won't be more Pokemon or GTA games in the portable realm?

Erdrick Holmes
01-23-2005, 12:21 AM
Suikoden 1 and 2. If you'd ever played those games then you'd know how much money Konami would make if they made those for GBA or DS and released them in the States.

Lionx
01-23-2005, 06:22 AM
I would like just about every fighting game to go ONLINE..then i wont be limited to my friends and can play others.

Ryth
01-23-2005, 05:27 PM
1. Street Fighter
2. Suikoden I and II (I've always wanted to see what it was like i've only played demos of 3 and 4)
3. Vagrant Story
4. Escape from Monkey Island
5. Phantasy Star series (the original not online)
6. Shining Force II
7. Shining Force III (all of them)

la monk
01-23-2005, 05:54 PM
i find that tactics games (fire emblem, fft, ect) are just right for portable games. since there isnt much need for really good graphics.

RedCydranth
01-24-2005, 04:42 PM
5. Phantasy Star series (the original not online)

Dude.. They ARE on a portable system. GBA has PS1-3 on one cartridge. Its Called Phantasy Star Collection. No word on PS4 though.

Also I'm a HUGE Shining Force fan and am horrified how they massacred the first one on the GBA port. Zuika and Narshe were decent additions, but Mawlock and the card thing totally made the game crap. Also they dumbed down Bleu and Domingo. Boo! (At least they improved Hans!)

Del Murder
01-25-2005, 01:27 AM
I strongly dislike multiplayer games on portable systems. Something about requiring more than one copy of the game irks me. I would like to see more Castlevania and Zelda games, and maybe another original Square game, and a Paper Mario game.

Rase
01-25-2005, 01:58 AM
I would like to see more Castlevania and Zelda games, and maybe another original Square game, and a Paper Mario game.

Well, here's (http://ds.ign.com/articles/577/577669p1.html) some info on the Castlevania DS game. There's a lot more in the most recent issue of EMG.

Giga Guess
01-25-2005, 04:52 AM
I think with the wireless technology developed for GBA, Smash Brothers Melee could become the latest way to waste time during class...:p

The Shoeless Hobo
01-25-2005, 07:13 AM
PSP:
Tony Hawk Pro Skater/Underground
Gran Turismo

Those games are coming on PSP. :p

I strongly dislike multiplayer games on portable systems. Something about requiring more than one copy of the game irks me. I would like to see more Castlevania and Zelda games, and maybe another original Square game, and a Paper Mario game.

Rumour has it, that with the PSP you can play two-player needing only one game. This was tested with Ridge Racer. But this may prove to be false.

Anyway, I hpe to see Final Fantasy VII, Timesplitters and Kingdom Hearts on the PSP. That would be F****** awesome. :p

Rase
01-26-2005, 03:37 AM
Shoeless, be sure to get your wuotes straight, that second one is from Del, not me.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up on the PSP line up. Also, both systems are suppossed to have games were you can "download" it from another player to play together. The next WarioWare(DS) game is rumored to use this.