PDA

View Full Version : What Class are you?

Worker 8
01-22-2005, 02:45 AM
If you were in the world of Final Fantasy Tactics what would your class be? Remember, not everyone can be a Holy Swordsman. If you do pick one of those special classes, tell us why you feel you are special enough to be that class. Also, please do not create new ones, keep this in the realm of FFT.

Myself, dispite my name, I wouldn't be Worker 8. I'd be an Oracle. I'm guessing most of you overlooked the usefulness of the oracle. They have high attack for a magic class and they have the great ability to deal out some badass status problems. I'm more of a group person, so I'd confuse,poison and whatever to the enemies while my friends beat the snot out of them, plus I get decent whacks in.

What class are you?

RedCydranth
01-22-2005, 02:51 AM
I'd be a Chemist, more than likely. I like to use guns. I wear comfortable clothes, no armor for me. And I hate seeing my friends get hurt or worse, so i'd take it upon myself to heal them. Chemist is my cup o' tea.

magus19
01-22-2005, 03:09 AM
id be a summoner.
imagine, just summoning a spirit to do your bidding

BG-57
01-22-2005, 04:18 AM
Mediator with Math Skills.

I'm good at math, I'm good at talking, and I'm good at mimicking Darovan. ;)

Despotus
01-22-2005, 06:36 AM
I would be a Thief, I just love stripping the goods off of the enemy. And I'm pretty charming. :love:
:cool: Keep Tactics alive in Survivor Round 11! (See General Final Fantasy)
Vote out FFIV. :cool:

Worker 8
01-22-2005, 12:13 PM
I thought I did vote out FF4, but I accidently clicked on 6. I think next time he shouldn't use roman numerals, because they get confusing if you were never taught them. To me VI = IV because 1+5 = 6. But I know one was 4, so I guessed. My friend (RedCydranth, who showed me this cool site) told me I clicked wrong. So, I explained it in the Round 11 thread and hopefully wakka will adjust accordingly.

To keep on topic, My secondary skill would definitely be Lancer's Jump. I'm a track jumper at school. Long jump and high Jump, so I guess I'd be a decent lancer, but I prefer Oracle.

Dignified Pauper
01-22-2005, 04:53 PM
Calculator, with summoning sub job. I've always been great at Math.

dodhungry
01-22-2005, 06:18 PM
If I lived in the world of Tatics an ARCHER of mass doom I would be. I am freakin good at archery/sharpshooting. I do prefer bows over guns however. Plus being tall would allow me to use the 6ft longbows much easier. :cool:

ShunNakamura
01-22-2005, 10:37 PM
I'd be a ninja. Why?

1) Ninjas are fast little devils... I am little and fast(only 140lbs here and 5 foot 6 inches at the most)

2)They don't were the heavy bulky clothing(I really hate bulky stuff.. my winter outfit here in ohio is a leather jacket and that is all)

3)They can dodge well(back in elemtary I was a dodge ball king... not all six balls being thrown my way could get me)

4(this one doesn't fit but 3 out of 4 ain't bad)) ninjas throw things... I am awful at throwing things accurately... or even very far.

That and ninjas are just cool!

Del Murder
01-23-2005, 03:11 AM
Calculator. I'm slow and good at math. Perfect fit!

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-23-2005, 09:35 AM
I would probably be a Lancer, I am really good with spears. Or possibly a samurai, I can use the katana pretty well. Either way though, I'm not too fond of the heavy armor. I might be a Wizard or a Priest, magic appeals to me and I think I'd be pretty good at it, Priest especially since I'm always concerned about my friends.

BudSoda02
01-24-2005, 05:39 PM
I'm imagining myself as a Holy Knight, (like Delita) but I'd probably end up being a Wizard. :p Oh well... I'd really like to be Ramza as a Squire. (Mastered of course! :tongue: ) Those are just some insane skills & he can really 'stick it' to the enemy.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

la monk
01-25-2005, 09:33 PM
heres what i would look like
Job Samurai
sub skill set, punchart
Blade grasp
two hands
teleport

Raistlin
01-26-2005, 08:40 PM
I'd be a black mage. Plain and simple.

strawberryman
01-26-2005, 11:02 PM
I Be'eth the Blackest Mage With the darkes power thy hast ever beseached with thine eyes!
Job-Blackmage
Side-EVIL !!! ABSOLUTE EVIL!!1!!1
Abilities-Black Magic

Thou shalt be smote by thee flames of hell! *casts a firaga spell and lights himself on fire* THE POWER! I FEEL IT RUNNETH THROUGH MY BONES LIKE THE TONGUES OF FLMES!

BG-57
01-27-2005, 12:44 AM
You sure you wouldn't be happier as a Lucavi? :sweat:

UltimaLimit
01-27-2005, 01:43 AM
I'd be a Ninja with Jump, Blade Grasp, and Equip Armor. Not to mention Move+3. I'm also not very good at throwing things accurately, but I've been practicing darts in the garage.

TheEmrys
02-07-2005, 08:09 AM
I'd be a knight. My height and broad sholders would appeal to the heavy armor look. I'm also a bit old fashioned and i protect the ones i love. Loved and feared in the same right.

Roogle
02-07-2005, 09:23 AM
Black Mage with a Time Mage sub. It's not the greatest, but that's what I'd be.

Maybe in later years, I would advance to dimension magic, which isn't normally used in the game, but it's there.

Black Chocobo
02-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Myself, I would be a Geo-mancer. I would love to call on the forces of nature to do my bidding. Lugging a big ol' axe would get tiring after a while though..

Venz0r
02-07-2005, 06:29 PM
Black Mage. Fighting with your hands is for wimps and barbarians. Try casting a fire spell and tell me you won't get a hangover in the morning~

Yuffie514
02-07-2005, 06:49 PM
there's a lot of Jobs i like, but i'm most fitting as a ninja :cool: .

Quina
02-08-2005, 03:56 AM
There's no blue mage so I guess I'll be a dancer.

BG-57
02-09-2005, 02:48 AM
It's true there are no Blue Mage classes. However there are two learnable enemy skills: Ultima and Zodiac.

Black Chocobo
02-10-2005, 04:19 AM
(I know this is off-topic!)

How does one get the Zodiac summon? I could never get that summon.....

Tatics Master
02-10-2005, 04:59 AM
I'd be a Ninja.....because wearing Black all day rulz all and the speed is killa..........with Geomancy I will be unstoppable :tongue: .........go,go,go,master Ninja! lol!

BG-57
02-10-2005, 12:21 PM
(I know this is off-topic!)

Zodiac is only cast by Elidibs in the END level of Deep dungeon.

Turn Ramza into a Summoner. Have another member of the party as a Mediator (I recommend Rafa). When the battle begins, eliminate as many Apandas as possible (Cid and Math Skills with Holy work wonders here). Once you've cleared the board, have the Mediator use Solution (it lowers faith) on Ramza until his faith is in the 30 range or so.

This is the critical part. Have another character approach Elidibs along with Ramza. Elidibs targets characters other than Ramza preferentially, but if you move Ramza into the spell effect, he'll get hit too. Once you learn it, take out Elidibs.

Blue mage Cloud
02-15-2005, 06:38 PM
A Knight with black or white mage sub. :D

I like to be strong, and I really like magic. :mog:

Destai
02-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Thief or Blackmage, Thats just my build and I like the knifes. Im quiet and supposedly good at making excuses, going unnoticed etc.

Max the Man
02-15-2005, 11:53 PM
Lancer :love: with ummm. summon skills I guess.

Trusty Rusty
02-17-2005, 06:32 AM
Personally, I would be a Lancer,but not just a "normal" lancer. I would have the Punch Art secondary, counter, then two swords ability (I would not have any weapons equiped) then Move+3. This gives me a freakin good attack, great distance attacks, the ability to heal/revive and not to mentioned being heavly armored. Mwua ha ha I would bring Health....... and prosperity... upon... the.. land. :confused: :confused:

Skye Dunhart
02-18-2005, 09:33 PM
No ronins..so i guess Samuari skill set and Ninja skillset...

Wiegrahf42
02-22-2005, 02:18 AM
I Ninja, Hear me STAB

Mindflare
02-22-2005, 07:20 AM
I'd be a Mediator with Squire subskills. I'm lame in a fight, but I'm a real talker.

strawberryman
02-22-2005, 07:31 AM
Of course, now that I think about it, I'd rather be a mime.
cause they have cool clothes. :D

Ciretho
02-22-2005, 09:02 AM
I would be the ninja. I've always loved the ninja and curved swords. Also sneaking through the darkness and cutting of peoples heads and that. Alsio the speeed. mmm, speeed.

Joshkabob
03-02-2005, 08:23 PM
Black mage.

Monol
03-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Oracle...to prove that it is not just an underated class and as a sub class i would totally have black magic cause...*goes into song* BLACK MAGIC IS TRAGIC!! *worst rhyme ever* *coughs* right yea...oracles cause there all freaky and incredible fashion sense and like i said there underrated...one of my favorite job classes actually

dodhungry
03-02-2005, 10:14 PM
***off topic*** Female oracles look good. :cool: Well... pretty much any female class looks good.

I would still be an archer of mass doom.

darkblade117
03-04-2005, 05:16 AM
i am always always a monk, with jump secondary, blade grasp, two sword ability, and either teleport or move 3...(i prefer teleport, since i'm not that good of a magic user)

Fate Fatale
03-04-2005, 11:50 AM
I'd be a lancer (I'm good at jumping) with bard (I'm good at singing) skills...

sc0ttk0lasinski
03-04-2005, 07:32 PM
heres what i would look like
Job Samurai
sub skill set, punchart
Blade grasp
two hands
teleport

Same for me :)

Fate Fatale
03-04-2005, 08:58 PM
Dude, your sig rocks...

I also might be a blackmage with a punchart skill... I dunno...

vireblaze
03-08-2005, 11:18 PM
I'd be a special class. A Holy Knight! Ya see, since there's nothing close to it, I'd be one!
Equipment: Chaos Blade
Chaos Blade
Maximillan
Grand Helmet
Genji Gauntlet
Abilities: Everything!
Black Magic
Counter
Double Sword
Move+2

So...Yeah. That's what class I'd want to be.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-09-2005, 01:16 AM
The word "twink" has suddenly begun to dance through my head.

BG-57
03-09-2005, 01:52 AM
I'd be a special class. A Holy Knight! Ya see, since there's nothing close to it, I'd be one!
Chaos Blade
Maximillan
Grand Helmet
Genji Gauntlet
Black Magic
Counter
Double Sword
Move+2

Why not Move +3?

vireblaze
03-09-2005, 02:54 AM
Move+3 ? Oh yeah...I meant Move+3 :p I should be shot! :whoa: :shoot:

Well...There ya go

Yuzuki130
03-17-2005, 12:19 AM
I'd be an assassin! (Like Lede (http://myaru.etherealvoid.net/art/pics/fft-lede.jpg), not Celia)
Why? I'm quick and I can already use allure on my boyfriend anytime. :lovers:

eestlinc
03-17-2005, 02:20 AM
Definitely an astrologer like Olan. I'd just stop everyone and get the hell out of town.

Rinen
03-18-2005, 05:09 AM
I'd love to be a samurai, because it fits me so well, but I'd end up as a calculator. I have my own personal library of a closet of books, many of different sciences, mathematics, philosophy, history, books of codes such as bushido and english code of chivalry, military tactics, and it goes on. I think my love for knowledge would drive me to be a calculator.

Anarkhos
03-18-2005, 04:23 PM
A Mediator with some sing skills . It was my FFT fovourite class . I guess in a world like Ivalice , words , influence and charisma are the best weapon . PLUS train monsters and use guns are a real cool thing to do .

RedCydranth
03-18-2005, 05:26 PM
Chaos Blade
Maximillan
Grand Helmet
Genji Gauntlet
Black Magic
Counter
Double Sword
Move+2

Okay, try reading the first post...

If you were in the world of Final Fantasy Tactics what would your class be? Remember, not everyone can be a Holy Swordsman. If you do pick one of those special classes, tell us why you feel you are special enough to be that class. Also, please do not create new ones, keep this in the realm of FFT.

Your class is not in FFT at all. Not even the great Balbanes reached that pinnacle. Its easy to say you'd be all powerfull with every skill, but in actuality theres really a slim chance you are cut out to be the ultimate hero. If you are in that slim percentage, tell us WHY. Be realistic, not "Because I like to kill". Explain what about you and your personality truly fits the job class you choose.

I'm realistic. I do not see any of my qualities being heroic. Thats why I chose to be a chemist. It fits me. Also I'm fairly good at science and aspire to be a chemistry teacher. My subclass is most definitely Mediator simply because I'm highly verbose and am known for writing huge posts and talking for hours. I'm very persuasive and great at arguing. Here's my Skill Set

Item
Talk Skill
HP Restore
Gained EXP Up
Move +3

Creeping Shadow
03-19-2005, 02:34 PM
i would be a black mage or a lancer but mostly a black mage

Sasquatch
03-23-2005, 06:43 AM
I would have liked to be a Ninja with the Assassin skills... Really with any skills, because the Ninja gets to do most things twice, but the Assassin stuff would probably come in handy most. Two weapons, quick, agile, accurate, powerful, coordinated...that's me. Plus, the Assassin stuff would be the more deadly accurate blows, and I'd be able to throw stuff for distance blows.

Good times, good times.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-23-2005, 06:56 AM
So why do you get the assassin skills? Assassins are a special class, after all. As the thread maker said, not everyone can be an Assassin so explain why you deserve to be one.

Masamune·1600
03-24-2005, 06:16 AM

As was mentioned previously, Elidibs (Serpentarius) in END must cast it on a Summoner. The Summoner, it is worth noting, must survive the spell. However, any and all characters in the battle can learn Zodiac, so long as they are summoners. Another option for surviving Zodiac, though it may take some time to teach everyone, is use of the MP Switch reaction ability. This will cause the damage to deplete one's MP rather than HP. With a party of all summoners using MP Switch, everyone can learn Zodiac with minimal difficulty. As was noted, though, lowering a character(s)'s Faith is also a workable option. Lowering Elidib's Faith is not a recommended option, however, since he will stop casting Zodiac and switch to a spell called Midgar Swarm. So is using "Innocent" characters; they will be unable to learn the summon. Also, remember to have a character with low Brave in, to make it easier to Move-Find the Chaos Blade, Chirijiraden, and two Elixirs.

I'd be a special class. A Holy Knight! (...)

Your class is not in FFT at all. Not even the great Balbanes reached that pinnacle.

To clarify things for everyone, there is a class in FFT called Holy Knight. It is one of the special classes; Agrias, among others, is a Holy Knight. However, the Holy Knight certainly does not have every ability. The Holy Knight uses Holy Sword, which consists of the abilities Stasis Sword, Split Punch, Crush Punch, Lightning Stab, and Holy Explosion. Balbanes was actually a Heavenly Knight, a rank higher than Holy Knight. However, no character other than Balbanes (who dies at the outset) has this job class, so its abilities are unknown. I would speculate that they are similar to that of the Holy Swordsman, Orlandu's class. A Holy Swordsman has All Swordskill, which includes all Holy Sword, Dark Sword, and Mighty Sword abilities.

As to my class? I'd have Soldier and Mediator abilities. Soldier because FFVII is my favorite game (and that's good enough for me), and Mediator because, as much as I hate to admit it, I probably 'Mimic Daravon' and bore people with long posts such as this one. ;)

Xaven
03-25-2005, 01:39 AM
If I could have a class in FFT, I would be an Oracle. In my opinion, Oracles just rock! As previously said, Oracles are way underrated by too many people. I can also do many things Oracles can do, just w/o magic. You know, the good stuff, like making people go mad, raise peoples' faith in God, and make them reluctant or afraid to do something. As a side skill, I would have a mastered Math skill with all the important magics learned on the other classes like: Flare, Cure3, Raise2, Shell, *Edit* Demi2, and Haste. I'm great at math -top of my class- and find it much less boring than any other subjects in school.
On a side note, all of my main party ('cept my physical based guy) have a mastered Math as their side skill. We kick everyone's arse every single battle - sometimes after just one round of turns!
My other abilities would include: Counter Magic, Magic Attack Up, and Teleport. Yup, I'm a mage-based guy.