PDA

View Full Version : Inventor creates 'Angel Light'

Tidus Andronicus
01-22-2005, 09:06 AM
From the guy that brought us the grizzly bear proof suit, Troy Hurtubise (http://www.nfb.ca/grizzly/troy.html), comes this next amasing invention, Angel Light! (http://www.baytoday.ca/content/news/details.asp?c=6657)

According to North Bay News, a Canadian news site, this Nobel prize winning inventor has just done it again! This time its an invention he calls 'Angel Light'.

The name is a little misleading, cause what the invention really does, is see through walls!

Read the full artical here. (http://www.baytoday.ca/content/news/details.asp?c=6657) Complete with a few pictures. (notice the big bear proof armor in the background XD)

This whole thing came to him in a dream! (wish I had dreams like that XD) And so he started building it, and after $30,000, seven industrial lasers, eight plasma light rods, 800 some hours, and some other cool sounding stuff, he was ready to test it...
"It was almost like you could step through the wall!"

Basically, this new invention completely defies the laws of physics by making walls, hands, and other objects completely see through, while detecting stealth shielding, breaking electronics, and killing goldfish, when the 'Angel Light' beam is shinned on them. Troy has also lost feeling in his hand from sticking it in the beam. (idiot)

After he discovered that it was harmful, he dismantled it... but the French government has offered him $40,000 to finish the device. (and he gets a lot more if it passes some tests in France.)

Weather this be a new miracle medical x-ray style device (think of the possiblities), or just another death-ray that the governments will missuse, its certain that this will win Troy another Nobel prize. XD

BTW, 'Hurtubise believes the dangerous effects can be taken out, but by others who have far more expertise than him'... Does that mean he has no idea how this thing works? I mean, they did say he didn't have any plans or blueprints layed out before he started... thats pretty amazing if you ask me!

(also... remember The Simpsons episode when Homer built that bear proof suit? Well that was spoofing this guy's invention.)

Jojee
01-22-2005, 09:10 AM
o_0 Is that true? With all the stuff on the internet, I don't know if I should be skeptical.

Tidus Andronicus
01-22-2005, 09:13 AM
Well, I know this guy is a real inventor, he's been on the Discovery Channel quite a few times. Which I have seen with my own eyes.
I've also seen simmilar articals about this on serveral other sites, and Angel Light was talked about yesturday on "The Screen Savers" (a show on G4TechTV). His bear suit was also featured on G4, like half a year or so ago.

As unbelievable as it sounds, I'm pretty sure its true...

Jojee
01-22-2005, 09:26 AM
...Wow. XD That would be awesome. *awe @ all the scientific breakthroughs*

Tidus Andronicus
01-22-2005, 09:35 AM
Yea, can you imagine the medical applications this has? If they can remove those nasty side-effects that is... It would make X-Ray machines obsolete!

There is also the weapon potential it could have... if it can break electronic devices like that, could be a quick way to shoot enemy aircraft out of the sky. Thats asuming of course that it has any range. lol

Not that I want to see a new way of killing someone in a war... I'd much prefer it be used simply as a medical device.

Resha
01-22-2005, 10:32 AM
Everyone is so smart. And I am so stupid. :( But seriously...I thought the coolest lightbulb ever was the one which you could touch, and then it'd light and change coulour every 5 sceonds!!!

Roogle
01-22-2005, 10:50 AM
If he lost the feeling in his hand just by sticking it in the beam, imagine what it would do if your whole body got caught in it? I wonder if it could be scaled down a little?

Cz
01-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Now all he needs is a secret volcano lair, and he can hold the world to ransom. :D

Rainecloud
01-22-2005, 11:51 AM
At least we can be safe in the thought that if another world war occurs, we're all going to die.

With fantastic inventions like this, there's no doubt about it. :)

Tidus Andronicus
01-22-2005, 08:16 PM
lol, I would have been pretty scared of it, if I saw the skin on my hand became see through... /{>_<}\

Can't wait to hear whats become of this new device.

I just hope it's 'side effects' can be removed... otherwise, its certain that it will become a weapon...

... I wonder how this guy made it soo fast... hasn't the government been trying to make a death-ray out of lasers for quite some time?

Has anyone heard of the Philadelphia Project (http://www.abovetopsecret.com/pages/philadelphia.html)? It was a top secret experiment in 1943, that caused a whole ship to disapear... sounds like simmilar technology was uses... lol Electromagnetics or whatever...
Although Project Rainbow is almost impossible to prove, cause of the cover-up conspiracy, its well documented, and there was even a (bad) movie made from it...
Anyway, you can read about it if you like, but I dont expect anyone to believe it.LOL

Logan
01-22-2005, 08:25 PM
I want a little mini one that I can carry around with me.

Necronopticous
01-22-2005, 09:18 PM
That's incredible, thanks for the link...

edit:: You know I really hope this is real, but I've got to say I'm pretty sure it's a scam. Something like this would be simple to prove, just take a picture of it working. For me to really truly believe though, I'd like to see a peer review by credible people from credible sources. The fact that it can see straight through so many materials but only sees under the first layer of skin is kind of an odd statement. Doesn't really add up for me. Let's hope it's true though, eh?

Psychotic
01-22-2005, 09:39 PM
"I'm not undressing you with my eyes! No, I'm doing it with THIS!"

nik0tine
01-22-2005, 09:43 PM
This seems a little unlikely to me, but it would be cool if it were true.

Dignified Pauper
01-22-2005, 09:54 PM
Ok, maybe I have a horrible mind, but did anyone else see where it was placed when in conjuction to his body in the background?

Necronopticous
01-22-2005, 09:57 PM
Ok, maybe I have a horrible mind, but did anyone else see where it was placed when in conjuction to his body in the background?Haha, no... You're totally right. That's hilarious.

Citizen Bleys
01-22-2005, 09:58 PM
I want a little mini one that I can carry around with me.

Hahaha, yeah, I can think of a few uses for such a thing.

I don't think the police would approve of them, though.

Tidus Andronicus
01-23-2005, 02:35 AM
lol, it certainly has some... perverted... uses. LOL That is, as long as you don't mind killing the one your looking at. XD >.>

Seriously though... I'm pretty sure that North Bay News, North Bay, Ontario, Canada, is perfectly credible. Its an official news website for that area, and Troy lives in North Bay, so its a logical place for this artical to popup first.
http://www.baytoday.ca/content/about/
I dont see any 'fake' stories on the whole site, and its mainly local news...
If/when I see a site like CNN or Discovery Channel or even French news post this artical, maybe thats a little more credible and then I'll post the link to that as well, but this site is pretty official enough as it is. =P
And like I said, he is a real inventor, and the Discovery Channel and G4 have done specials on him, that I have seen with my own eyes.

Although, I'll admit, its a big step to go from inventing bear proof armor, ~ to a matter changing ray-gun... XD but I guess its possible.

Daggers64
01-23-2005, 07:17 AM
I can use this here machine to look through your clothes... and then in moments, kill you!
MOLESTATION MACHINE! O.O

Cid
01-23-2005, 08:28 AM
I think they would (or should have) have shown us a picture of the thing looking through a wall if it really was real.

EDIT:

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/comments/2296/

Here's a blog thingy where plenty of guys talk about how fake the thing is and then even the author of the Bay article gets in on it (and the MIT associate mentioned in the article). It's all pretty silly. When it comes down to it, I think the simplest explaination is the best: Did he dream up a wild idea for a device that can look through walls or did he weld some metal together and trick a couple people?

Another valid point: if it does indeed look through his garage wall, why does it let him see his car? Why not pass right through his car? If it looks through his hand, why stop at the blood vessels? Why not keep going past the bone, etc?

If it's true, awesome. Otherwise...

Tidus Andronicus
01-23-2005, 05:22 PM
I choose not to beleive a website called "museumofhoaxes"... How is that anymore credible than North Bay News. XD The artical there leaves it open ended, they're skeptical, but thats cause of the lack of proof.
The people that supposedly are disproving it are just posters in their comments section... Zero credibility...

I'm not anymore credible :p but my theory (without to much detail) is that the light only lets you see through the first surface its shinned on... and while that still doesn't explain it... maybe there is an Intensity control?? so he can set how far it shines through?

I'm of the opinion that its good they didn't release anymore info/pictures of it. For one, its best to keep it secret for now so that no one tries to steal it (could be bad in wrong hands) and its just not complete yet, why show people what it can do, before the side-effects are taken out of it?. There is all kinds of national security (even if it is canada) that they must be taking into account. Remember that North Bay News got the exclusive on this whole thing...

Maybe when they release more about this whole thing, we will know more... but as long as I'm seeing it popup on credible, popular, news sites, and TV, I'm just going to remain open and hopefull. ^_^

Skogs
01-23-2005, 05:36 PM
Sounds like a load of bollocks to me.

Daggers64
01-23-2005, 05:52 PM
I dont see anyreason to not believe this ^_^;
I'm sure when whats his face invented the X-Ray, people were just as skeptical.

I think Tidus is right, its best they don't release too much right now about it... although, it would be nice to see at least one pic of a see-through wall. ;)
Just hope Bush doesn't read the artical... xD

Its got some amazing medical potential. They wont have to open you up first, to see whats wrong with your organs.

I just hope they release more info soon! xP

Tidus Andronicus
01-23-2005, 05:57 PM
Just hope Bush doesn't read the artical... xD

LOL I agree...
But maybe Bush wouldn't be smart enough to use it... he'd just try to see inside his own head, and end up killing himself. XD

Daggers64
01-24-2005, 12:31 AM
x3 hehe

If you see anymore info on this, I really wanna know! Especially if its on a more well known site. ;)

Cid
01-24-2005, 02:40 AM
If it's such a big secret that they can't show it in action, why is he doing interviews with newspapers that make it clear where he lives/where the device is kept.

When this is found to be a big fraud, I'll say I told you so.

Tidus Andronicus
01-24-2005, 03:45 AM
FYI
This guy is the real deal. He invented fire paste. It's extremely impressive; check it out. He's won the 1998 Nobel Prize for Safety Engineering. He's invented a specialized type of armor that can withstand military-grade explosives, which was featured on the Discovery Channel, with controlled experiments. He's involved up to his eyes with military interests in his inventions.

Though "seeing through walls" might seem like magic to most people, today's technology was, indeed, magical to people from the past.

The spectrum of light that your brain sees is no way representative of what can be seen with the proper technology. A lot of the radical inventions come from "tinkerers." We'll see if this one pans out but, one thing's for sure, he's a credible person.

That's his Mark VI suit there in his garage:
http://www.nfb.ca/grizzly/suit.html

The Mark VII was completed later (2002).
http://www.improb.com/news/2002/may/troy-new-suit.html

He also invented "fire paste":
http://www.baytoday.ca/content/news/details.asp?c=63
http://www.exn.ca/video/?video=exn20030903-firepaste.asx

He'll be doing a live demo Feb 16. but won't be showing the x-ray features of the device due to agreement with the French (boo). He'll be showing the "death ray" feature.

I found those posts in another forum... http://www.haloscan.com/comments/tuber/1935/#54644
In another location, I found reference to a radio/tv? broadcast interview of Troy, in Canada, regarding the Angle Light device.

Troy Hurtubise (http://projecttroy.com.nexx.com/website/index.html) is a very credible person, he has a website (although not up to date it would seem)... and if someone else is using his name to lie, then I'm sure he'll be very pissed off... lol

Daggers64
01-24-2005, 08:04 AM
wow, ^_^; thats a lot of info. lol

I watched the firepaste video, thats absolutly amazing!
And I found a quote from Troy, that shows a little bit about how he thinks, and it applies to Angel Light as well.

"I haven't got a clue how it works, I haven't got a clue why it works."

Thats how he invents, he says that he takes what he sees others working on, and messes with the same stuff/ideas, 'trial and error'/'guess and check' if you will, and eventually he gets what he wants (or comes accross something new).

I'm sure thats how he made Angel Light. =3

Necronopticous
01-24-2005, 09:19 AM
Is the lack of coverage on this damn thing pissing anyone else off? Give me coverage damnit, this is the most out-there invention in years, why does no one seem to care?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Shouldn't this be in World Events? :O

Skogs
01-24-2005, 09:54 AM
According to North Bay News, a Canadian news site, this Nobel prize winning inventor has just done it again! This time its an invention he calls 'Angel Light'.

It really amazes me how gullible people are. He won an Ig Nobel prize (http://www.improb.com/ig/ig-top.html), not the Nobel Prize (http://nobelprize.org/nobel/). Check your bleedin' facts!

Tidus Andronicus
01-24-2005, 09:59 AM
ok small mistake... does that really matter though? O_o
His inventions are amazing! Even if his tests/applications are sometimes a little off. XD (reffering to the many beatings he's taken in that bear proof suit)
Firepaste, the blast armor, the bear suit... those are all commendable accomplishments! lol
Firepaste could really be usefull to nasa, and replace those tiles they use for re-entry.

And considering what his Angel Light, might be able to do in the medical industry... he should win more than just a nobel(whatever).

Necronopticous
01-24-2005, 10:06 AM
Hmm, well it's a pretty decent sized mistake, here is another Ig Nobel Prize Winner and his feat:
Len Fisher of Bath, England, and Sydney, Australia, who calculated the optimal way to dunk a biscuitBut still, nothing changes the fact that Troy made fire paste which clearly works and is clearly amazing.

Skogs
01-24-2005, 10:09 AM
Yes it does matter. Anyway, what's so amazing about designing a suit able to withstand a grizzly attack? There's a big difference between that and rewriting the laws of physics, especially since he only has a [http://www.nfb.ca/grizzly/troy.html]single degree in natural sciences[/URL] (not even straight Physics...). Actually, it says he just studied in in 1987, which indicates to me that he probably dropped out.

If it was real, it would be covered by major networks and scientific journals. It's clear that it's a giant publicity stunt.

Necronopticous
01-24-2005, 10:13 AM
Well, I'm not saying it is real because I'm very skeptical as well, but you're seriously mistaken. Troy is responsible for fire paste which has been around for quite some time and is literally genius. With its possibilities it is more beneficial to the human race than the Angel Light and yet Troy has yet to see major networks all over the world covering him.

It's very improbable that this is real but it's not impossible like you're saying and the logic that you're using to say it is flawed.

Skogs
01-24-2005, 10:31 AM
It's not the first flame/heat resistant substance it the world. It's probably done with some sort of highly insulating ceramic ground up to a powder mixed in some sort of suspension of a fixitive. He's a tinkerer - not a scientist.

Tidus Andronicus
01-24-2005, 10:34 AM
Some would argue that a suit made to withstand grizzly bears is essencial, if your studying grizzly bears. lol

And who made a magical rule that you have to be a well educated scientist to come up with something that can't be explained by current physics... >_>
Skogs, you missed my point about how Troy invents things... he usually takes existing studies and messes around with whats currently know, in a guess and check kind of way... and eventually he comes up with something amazing... =P
In this case, he must have saw something about plasma and laser technology, and it inspired one of his 'dreams' and soo he started messing with this stuff, and came up with Angel Light.

You don't have to be a genius to create amazing things... just like being smart doesn't mean you can't do the dumbest thing in recorded history. XD

Either way, I still remain open/hopefull about this whole thing... from all the stuff I've been reading about it, (in many places)... it sounds convincing... but I'm waiting to see 'real' proof, just like the rest of you.

Its just, we know Troy is a credible person... all his previous inventions have been real... and he's been on TV, news and internet in many many places. His methods may not be as scientific as most other inventors out there... but he still gets the job done!

Necronopticous
01-24-2005, 10:40 AM
It's not the first flame/heat resistant substance it the world.But it looks like it's the best ever created and definately the most cost-effective.

He's a tinkerer - not a scientist.You're right, but no scientist had come up with fire paste, and what the hell does it matter if it produces something scientifically amazing? Again, this is totally flawed ground to call him a fraud or scam. I am fairly sure the Angel Light is not going to turn out to be totally truthful, but I'm not going to negate the possibility because he has his own way of inventing.

There was a really good example of this in history, what was it... Oh yeah, the light bulb. Piece of crap if you ask me, would have been much better if the technology was discovered in a more scientific way than useless tinkering!

eternalshiva
01-24-2005, 02:11 PM
He's a credible inventor in Canada. Just because he doesn't have the upbillion degrees of science and whatever, doesn't mean he's not smart enough to know the basics of how things work ;p. He read up on curent inventions, got the basic gif of it and messed around. The Fire Paste is a credited invention. The Angel Light Seems a little unbelievable but so were most inventions that changed the course of human technology and way of life. They were all met with skeptism and reproach. I'm skeptical but it says there will be a showing on Feb 16th so, we'll see then what happens.

F*** he lives in a blow hole with nothing to do all day @_@ why not invent stuff xD. Maybe he dropped out because the stuff he was studying was not leading him to what he wanted to learn and do. University/college can be stiffling that way and if he's uber smart, that kind of thinking can be boring and unmotivational. So Kudos to you Troy if this work, I'm sad for the poor goldfish ;_;. Nuclear energy wouldn't really be around here if that poor couple didn't 'tinker' with it. Too bad they died from it. (I usually know their names but I'm currently unable to think them up.. Mary something @_@)

I'm pretty sure all inventions are tinkering with a result that is either wanted or heavens, completely not what you expected. Maybe they should ask him to find the cure to AIDS @_@ the edumacated folkzors don't seem to be able to do it, maybe they should give him a look at it with some fresh ideas :D I'm almost positive you can use something rather simple to cure it.. kinda like how rott from food made penicilin xD What a life saver :D

Skogs
01-24-2005, 02:19 PM
I'd even be skeptical if a high profile researcher came up with it. Inventing a better heat resistant substance is one thing - rewriting the laws of physics is another. The fact that this came from a character with little formal scientific pedigree, the fact that there is no peer-reviewed documentation of how it works, that there is no demonstration of it working and that he flat-out refuses to elaborate on it leads me to conclude that he is a phony. Regardless, he doesn't need to show all of the inner workings to give a demonstration. If he's really being funded and silenced by foreign governments - why did he give a exclusive to a reporter in the first place? It doesn't make sense, and it's a bit silly really.

Daggers64
01-24-2005, 03:01 PM
Maybe because that reporter was only from the local news... and he didn't think too many people would find out? x3
Or maybe the time frames just happend that way... maybe he contacted the news in his town first, then the french gov, but he already told reporters that he'd promise an exclusive interview...

http://www.secretlair.com/index.php?/clickableculture/entry/impossible_angel_light_blindsides_science/
this has verification by Phil Novak, the author of the artical, stating that it is true.

The author of the BayToday.ca article, Phil Novak, is adamant the story is true. He commented (http://www.haloscan.com/comments/tuber/1935/#54753) today on the root.cellar weblog:

"I've been writing stories about [Hurtubise] for five years now and have had first-hand demonstrations of all his innovations in that time. All of them have performed exactly as he said he would and that's why I remain open-minded." Novak points out that the Angel Light is only one of several such projects underway by corporate scientists. Some of these projects make similar claims to Hurtubise's Angel Light.

^_^ Novak also goes on to say:

One of my readers submitted this possible explanation of the Angel Light:

"He has created a Phaser, like on Star Trek....much larger of course but I belive it is a device which creates light out of phase. Light acts as a conduit for and is acted upon by electromagnetic forces which bring it out of phase with our current space/time, thus allowing it to see thru objects but also transmit an electromagnetic charge along the beam."

I'd also refer people to the company Realtronics, in Hermosa, South Dakota, which claims to have created, or is working on, technology which can penetrate walls and the inside of mountain caves and "see" through them. Whether or not it's in real time/space
xP

Citizen Bleys
01-24-2005, 03:36 PM
It really amazes me how gullible people are. He won an Ig Nobel prize (http://www.improb.com/ig/ig-top.html), not the Nobel Prize (http://nobelprize.org/nobel/). Check your bleedin' facts!

I'm loving that someone won for "The effects of country music on suicide"

Skogs
01-24-2005, 10:31 PM
"He has created a Phaser, like on Star Trek....much larger of course but I belive it is a device which creates light out of phase. Light acts as a conduit for and is acted upon by electromagnetic forces which bring it out of phase with our current space/time, thus allowing it to see thru objects but also transmit an electromagnetic charge along the beam."

...which is, of course, complete and utter balls. 'Light is a conduit of elecromagnetic forces'??? Light IS electromagnetism. They're just photons flying about at different frequencies (or is it wavelengths - I forget). Any A-level physics student could tell you that.

Daggers64
01-25-2005, 01:16 AM
Light isn't elecromagnetic... >_> its a different kind of energy...

Besides, Phil Novak didn't say that, he was quoting one of his readers.

Just because the words 'Star Trek' was mentions... doesn't mean its bogus... A lot of good ideas have come out of, and been proven by star trek... :p Star Trek has some actually scientific basis, and there are books written about it.

Tidus Andronicus
01-25-2005, 01:56 AM
(thank you for posting those quotes Daggers ^_^)

I really dont see why its so hard to believe his technology... I just saw a show on Discovery Science that talks about nano technology, and they've already managed to harness the powersource of cells and put it to a practical use for a nano bot... they've even made microscopic robotic arms and even a working microscopic guitar 100 times smaller than the arm, with guitar strings only 100 atoms accross.xD And they've proven that gears at that size work. All these things are so small, if you put them next to a dust mite, they are to the dust mite, as dustmites are to us. Thats real small, considering our eyes can't even see the mite to begin with.

Check out what the Japanese just invented, go to Google and type in "Invisibility Cloak" and read the articals, if your good at searching you might even come accross these videos:
http://projects.star.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/projects/MEDIA/xv/oc.html
scroll down the page a bit to see them. Some arn't that impressive, and some are just silly illusions... but there are some videos of the demonstrations of the cloak... its pretty amazing! One clip shows it outside, and the other shows it inside.

Edit: Here are direct links to those videos:
http://projects.star.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/projects/MEDIA/xv/images/oc-okugai3.mpg
http://projects.star.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/projects/MEDIA/xv/images/oc-wired.mpg <-- this one is awesome!

Does a device that makes a wall see through really seem all that impossible? O_o

also, it seems that the popularity of the artical almost crashed BayToday's servers. lol
http://www.baytoday.ca/content/news/details.asp?c=6680

Necronopticous
01-25-2005, 01:59 AM
The invisibility cloak uses cameras and projectors, it's not the same as this *at ALL*.

Daggers64
01-25-2005, 02:07 AM
He's just proving a point. xP

That Nano stuff sounds really impressive!!
And I dont care how they did that Invisablility Cloak... If you'd read what can be found on Google about it, you'd see they've invented something called "Retro-Reflectum", its not just projectors. How would they do that video outside, with a big projector following him???... The projector would have to be able to project an image that bends around him and doesn't shine on anything else in that room (or his tie). And it would have to be places right where the camera man is in the outside shot...
Those vids are pretty amazing!

Here's one artical found with google:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3791795.stm

Tidus Andronicus
01-25-2005, 02:20 AM
Yea... and wouldn't there have to be camera's behing him too? like maybe more than one? In order to make the image match up perfectly with how someone in front of him see's it, it would need to be a good camera angle, or multiple angles... ^_^\ How ever they did it, its pretty amazing!!

Anyway, about Angel Light... Has anyone else heard/found other articles we haven't?

Trumpet Thief
01-25-2005, 02:33 AM
chaos: All I've found are sites showcasing the link to the report, while including their own speculation.

Rubedo: I find it hard to believe, although, I do wish this is true. :D

Cid
01-25-2005, 08:10 AM
I just had a dream about a car that runs on water! Only thing is, I don't know anything about car parts or engines. I don't know much about water either. Don't worry though. Because I had a dream about it, I built it from memory. It works, I just have no idea how.

Skogs
01-25-2005, 10:56 AM
Light isn't elecromagnetic... >_>

Yes it is. (http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/science/know_l1/emspectrum.html)

As much as I may be critical of the space program, I'll trust NASA to know what they're talking about.

Tidus Andronicus
01-25-2005, 02:29 PM
I dont know much about that stuff... but isn't that spectum just used to explain like as compared with other forms of waves? I though that there was a big contravercy over weather light was a wave or a photon(or some other word I dont remember) xD

anyway ^_^;

I think, I've heard of a car that runs on water... well not runs on exactly... it produces water.
The car combines H and O to make H2O. somehow that gives off electricity and powers the car. ;)

Citizen Bleys
01-25-2005, 03:07 PM
Yes it is. (http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/science/know_l1/emspectrum.html)

Light is, by definition, electromagnetic radiation (EMR). That's High School Physics. Even in Alberta.

EDIT: And Cidarooney, a car that runs on water is theoretically possible. They've been trying to use deuterium (hard water, IIRC) as a fuel for about sixteen thousand years. Just nobody's perfected it yet.

Captain Maxx Power
01-25-2005, 06:33 PM
The entire known time of human civilisation versus the rest of Cid's life. Why am I feeling less than optimistic?

Skogs
01-25-2005, 08:08 PM
I dont know much about that stuff... but isn't that spectum just used to explain like as compared with other forms of waves? I though that there was a big contravercy over weather light was a wave or a photon(or some other word I dont remember) xD

anyway ^_^;

I think, I've heard of a car that runs on water... well not runs on exactly... it produces water.
The car combines H and O to make H2O. somehow that gives off electricity and powers the car. ;)

All elecromagnetic radiation is essentially photons. The way I understand it, photons are weird in that they behave simultaneously like a particle AND a wave. Thus, photons can exist at different wavelengths. The wavelength of visible light lies between about 400nm and 700nm. EMR of longer wavelengths (low frequence) includes infrared light, microwaves and radio waves. Short wavelength (high frequence) radiation includes UV light, x-rays and gamma radiation.

Hydrogen powered cars are nothing very special. They use one of the simplest and most basic chemical equations on the book: burning hydrogen. 1/2 O2 + H2 --> H20. They, themselves, are cleaner than petroleum based cars. But energy is needed to produce hydrogen, and you need power plants for that, which is likely to cause pollution.

A car that ran on water, instead of producing it, would be another kettle of fish.

Deuterium is heavy hydrogen, with one proton and one neutron in the nucleus - as opposed to normal hydrogen which has only a proton. Heavy water is water with deuterium instead of normal hydrogen. Incidentally, you can also get tritium which is hydrogen with one proton and two neutrons.

And initially I thought you were referring to this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3077508.stm).

:D

Cid
01-25-2005, 09:15 PM
In case you hadn't noticed, my post was about the unlikelyhood of <B>me</b> creating and building a water powered car while having no science skills whatsoever.

In case you also hadn't noticed, this was a little reference to my opinion of how unlikely I think it is that this guy built this contraption despite having no knowledge of how or why it works.

Furthermore, I don't doubt that someone somewhere has the brains to build a car that can run on water. I can't do it. Even if I had a dream about it.

Citizen Bleys
01-25-2005, 10:39 PM
That does it, we're having a gunfight.

Skogs
01-25-2005, 10:40 PM
I know that. I guess being a scientist (well, aspiring scientist) myself, I just have a bit of difficulty comprehending some people's inability to distinguish the Plausible, the Implausible and the Just Plain Stupid.

That does it, we're having a gunfight.
Or maybe a phaser fight...

Tidus Andronicus
02-04-2005, 06:36 AM
Well, I found a little more info on Hurtubise^_^;
http://americanantigravity.com/hurtubise.shtml

On this site, they have some more info on him... AND they even have a 30 minute interview with him, where he mentions Angel Light.

If you can spare the time, its interesting to listen too. He says quite a few things about Angel Light that I haven't heard yet. I highly recommend listening to it.

Here is the direct link to the sound file.
http://www.intalek.com/AV/Troy-Hurtubise.wma

"You did it, you bugger, you fused the light. Whats it look like when it comes out of there?"
"Its actually unique, it looks solid, dense, heavy."

"I have no idea what I did" XD Awesome!

strawberryman
02-04-2005, 06:40 AM
Weather this be a new miracle medical x-ray style device (think of the possiblities), or just another death-ray that the governments will missuse, its certain that this will win Troy another Nobel prize. XD
Hmmm..... What about death rays now? :evilking:

Daggers64
02-04-2005, 02:31 PM
oWo, ^_^/ Fantastic find!
I've listened to the whole thing, and I'm sure he's made it now! =3
This guy is an amazing inventor!

"Its a national defence issue, thats why everyone has called for Angel Light."

He talks about "backyard inventors" and why people dont beleive them.

"Fused Light" o_O?

I'm amazed he's running it off of a normal 120 Volts from his house!

Why is it good for plants, but bad for animals? x3

Tidus Andronicus
02-04-2005, 11:47 PM
I'll say, I do believe him more, now that I've actually heard him talk about it... before I wasn't truely sure cause it was just other people talking about him... But now, I firmly believe him, he's never lied about his inventions before! =P

Only possible thing that could make this more believeable, actually visual proof of what it does...

goblin42
02-05-2005, 04:30 AM
Think about it people, first a nigh indestructable suit of armor, now a death ray/ emp ray/ xray eyes.

It scares me to think this might work. It scares me more because Im starting to think it does work, but what scares me the most is that I think I know how it works.

For Chrissake, Troy doesn't even understand how it works.

Appless
02-05-2005, 07:24 AM
It scares me to think this might work. It scares me more because Im starting to think it does work, but what scares me the most is that I think I know how it works.

So how do you think it works?

Daggers64
02-05-2005, 08:27 AM
LOL
He said he used a simple microwave... and oxygen, and open(?) electricity, among other things... So I have no idea how it works.
If anyone can try to explain, please do so! =3 I wanna figure this out. lol

He sounds pretty serious about the side-effects... especially if he's been loosing hair and caughing up blood... @_@

Doomgaze
02-05-2005, 08:58 AM
Ow! My sperm!

goblin42
02-05-2005, 03:44 PM
I get the impression that this device emits em radiation accross the spectrum. from microwaves through visible light and all the way into the higher invisible spectrums such as UV and some more dangerous radiations. Someone suggested that he has 'fused' light. It may be close to this, that he has managed to create a cross-transfer of properties between the photons. meaning that when the radiation penetrates the barriers it reflects off the hidden objects, It penetrates the barrier again, where it is 'fused' with visible spectrum photons and returns to the viewers eye as a visible form of light..

Is anybody getting this?

goblin42
02-05-2005, 03:50 PM
Has everyone heard of the teleportaion experiments where they can transfer the properties of one photon to another across a distance through 'entangling' the photons, separating them and then exiting the first with a laser beam which in turn affects the second photon in the same manner but at a remote location?

Maybe Troy's device entangles the visible photons with the penetrating EM sprectrum photons and the visible range then are recieving through this entanglement, information from those which have penetrated the barrier.

goblin42
02-05-2005, 04:05 PM
...after the initial penetration of the barrier, the penetrating photons take on the properties of the visible photons and will not penetrate further barriers.

I hope it is not all a hoax because that would mean I have wasted a lot of time thinking about this....

Tidus Andronicus
02-05-2005, 08:43 PM
So basically, he's managed to fuse the penetrating qualities of one kind of light, with the visual qualities of another. So that when Angel Light is shinned on an object, it penetrates it, acting like infared-heatvision going through walls, only it does it in a visible light spectrum so that we can actually see the reflected light with our own eyes, rather than using a viewing screen, and of course its much more detailed.

Daggers64
02-06-2005, 02:05 AM
^_^; Well, I think I can figure it out now! x3

It makes sence... but its still an amasing thing for him to have done... Fusing light! Most people would say thats impossible... but maybe it is in theory... I dono.

I still wanna see proof... But I do believe it! ;)

After you 2 tryed to explain how the fusion thing would work, I kind of understand it... but I'm not any kind of scientist... soo I just wanna see it work, cause its an interesting idea.
(>_< Please give us just a little bit of proof Troy! A picture of it working maybe?) lol

I'm looking for info on it, If I find any, I'll post it!! xP

goblin42
02-06-2005, 01:32 PM
he is going to demo the emp properties on tv on Feb 17.... and test the dangerous side effects. I still want to saee through walls though....