PDA

View Full Version : Emerald vs Ruby

true-sephiroth
01-22-2005, 05:03 PM
The real question is:who do u think will win RUBY or EMERALD? i think Ruby will win cuz emerald is a wuss.Just 1 whirlsand will send him to a sandy hell.Can emerald even breathe when hes on land?

redxiiii
01-22-2005, 05:07 PM
:cool: your right emerald would get it`s ass kicked :cool:

Flamethrower
01-22-2005, 05:10 PM
Ruby was much harder to beat than Emerald, for me at least. For that reason, I'd suspect Ruby would win.

Shoden
01-22-2005, 05:11 PM
emerald looks crap so ruby would win they should put them on ff12 along with diamond sapphire ultima and omega

Captain Maxx Power
01-22-2005, 06:27 PM
Ruby weapon is unofficially the hardest boss ever, as proven by the TV show When Games Attack (http://www.bravo.co.uk/wga/)

DJZen
01-22-2005, 07:54 PM
Ruby would win, but only because aire tam storm wouldn't do any damage to Ruby since he doesn't have any materia. ZOING!!!

Sepho
01-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Ruby would win.

His counters really disrupt the flow of battle, which makes him more of a pain in the ass than Emerald, although neither are difficult if you're prepared enough. I can beat Emerald in 1 1/2 rounds.

JayDee
01-23-2005, 11:35 AM
Emerald would win because Ruby is stupid looking
and green is way cooler than red
and id rather have mastered magic, mastered summon,
and materes command rather than a gold chocobo
ruby is the worst weapon even diamond could beat it

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-23-2005, 11:39 AM
Depends on how long Ruby can hold her breath.

CloudVII
01-29-2005, 04:41 PM
I don't know who would win but probably Ruby.

Trumpet Thief
01-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Trowa: Personally, I had more trouble with Emerald Weapon than Ruby, so with that, I guess I would have to go with Emerald.

Rubedo: I suppose... :(

Narcissus Reborn
01-31-2005, 12:31 AM
I'll admit I never beat Emerald ^^;... I guess I just didn't train enough and I felt like beating the game then got sucked into 5 6 and 9. But it wasn't because he was any more hard than Ruby was even though I beat Ruby. I just was fighting him for the first time, I used Cait Sith's Slots and got a combo that instantly killed him, I'm not sure what it was. But yeah, I'm off topic, Ruby would win because he slaughtered my charas in 4 turns and I accidently out of desperation beat him with Cait Sith, where as it took forever for Emerald to even hurt me until he used that materia based attack and killed all of my charas, something that wouldn't work on Ruby.

DJZen
01-31-2005, 12:38 AM
Depends on how long Ruby can hold her breath.

I think Ruby could probably do enough damage in under 20 minutes.

Shoden
02-01-2005, 05:13 PM
i dunno how to get a gold chocobo so i can get knights of round

ljkkjlcm9
02-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Well see, Ruby is actually the easier of the two for the player, because he can be stopped, with a summon like Hades. In fact, I beat Ruby without getting hit. Emerald wasn't hard either actually. And in a fight I would choose Ruby(though i thought Ruby was easier) because Emerald wouldn't be able to use Stop on Ruby, and would therefore get his arse kicked.

THE JACKEL

Shalashaska
02-04-2005, 02:25 AM
Emerald is definately easier (though neither is difficult with proper preparations, Ruby just takes longer). Ruby's insanely high physical defense is the biggest problem, making KOTR the only really efficient way of defeating it. Emerald, on the other hand, can be beat in less than 2 minutes with the proper materia set-up.

Polaris
02-04-2005, 10:35 AM
Ruby is a reaaly really hard no matter what attack I'll put it will always affect 0 to it!!!

Ultima Shadow
02-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Well... let's take a look at the STATS!!! Ruby have EXTREMELY high Def and Mag def + she's immune to demi-based attacks. Therefore emerald wouldn't be able to cause any major dammage. THAT is the reason Ruby would win.

ljkkjlcm9
02-04-2005, 12:51 PM
I never understand why people say Ruby is harder, you can use Stop on Ruby!!!!

THE JACKEL

Ultima Shadow
02-04-2005, 01:14 PM
I never understand why people say Ruby is harder, you can use Stop on Ruby!!!!

THE JACKEL
They are both very easy. I find them pretty equall... however... Ruby would win if they fought each other.

Masamuneˇ1600
03-03-2005, 12:38 AM
How much trouble you had with Emerald and Ruby should have no bearing on this; they're fighting each other, not the characters. Besides, if you have any idea what you're doing at all, they're both really easy.

Ruby would win this matchup, and it wouldn't really be close. However, it would take it a while to wear down Emerald's HP. Nevertheless, that would happen long before Emerald even got close to finishing Ruby.

Ruby has extremely, extremely high Defense and Magic Defense. Knights of the Round and Bahamut ZERO are often mentioned in strategies, because their damage totals are unaffected by the defense. I suspect that this what it means when the Bahamut attacks are described as "unblockable"; they cannot be reduced by defensive measures, similar to Pandora's Box.

However, Emerald does not have access to these abilities. Emerald has Emerald Shoot, Emerald Beam, (physical attack), Revenge Stamp, (eye HP attack), (eye MP attack), and Aire Tam Storm. Since Aire Tam Storm is based on materia, it would do 0 damage, as opposed to the 9999 most people see. None of these abilities would take off even 500 HP at a time on Ruby. Emerald's defenses are rather unremarkable; you can expect Ruby's attacks to be undiminished. This creates an enormous advantage for Ruby.

Now, Emerald cannot be removed by Whirlsand. I won't go into how ridiculous that notion is, but it's ultimately irrelevant, since Ruby will still win.

The only thing that could give Emerald a shot would be its "eyes" conveying it an enormous advantage in comparison with Ruby's arms. This is not the case, however. Ruby would still be able to attack from both sides, and Emerald's eyes would have no more luck against Ruby's defense than the main Weapon.

So, in conclusion to this unnecessarily long post, Ruby will always win what would always be a protracted battle.

Monol
03-03-2005, 01:18 AM
Well look at it from a BATTLE :rolleyes2 perspective not a gameplay view (as in stats and all that mumbo jumob :p ) i would say emerald...picture this..emerald charging at ruby and ruby takes them big ol hands and stops him and pounds him in the ground and grinds him an early grave!! er wait..O NO! EMERALD LOSES?! :cry: ok i gotta work on that.. :mad: but any hoot thats just the battle perspective...and ruby obviously for the game play considering masamune1600's die hard post...well ruby wins both ways i guess..i suppose emerald can at least get the properly excersised reward..i mean come on all that swiming around..even for a weapon thats gotta be rough but he still stays he in shape.. man i admire that :cool:

sephiroth JR
03-13-2005, 04:15 PM
it depends where they were fighting, if the battle was underwater then ruby would drown and if emerald came on land he would shrivel up and die so that would leave diamond weapon free to kick both their asses

Shoden
03-13-2005, 04:29 PM
ultimate and Diamond merge together to create Omega weapon looks like a suped up winged diamonf weapon with a larger eye section so ir glows red it would pwn emerald and ruby

but Ruby has a long reach so he could easilly get back on land by stretching his arms out then he could get a bomb and give it to emerald who has no hands

Dolentrean
03-15-2005, 03:08 AM
I would say Ruby would win because ruby is far cooler and has a far higher defense ...well then again Emerald wouldent be injured by Rubys status ailments... well I still say Ruby because, while neather of them are hard with a bit of practice it still took me longer to lay the beatdown on ruby, yep ruby kicks major ass

udsuna
03-15-2005, 07:04 AM
Doesn't matter. Because I'd be sitting right there waiting, and when one of them was about to kill the other, I'd unleash KotR and take credit for killing both of them.

Shoden
03-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Ruby because he can constrain emerald with his huge arms and break it apart or blast it with ruby beam when holding it and crushing it so Ruby wins coz he can easilly own emerald
i havent got the right stuff to beat either weapon