PDA

View Full Version : .Hack

Destai
01-22-2005, 09:30 PM
The whole .hack series is split into an anime tv show called .hack//sign, Four video games called .hack//infection- .hack//mutation- .hackoutbreak- .hack//quarantine and four DVD OAV's called .hack//liminality. Theres also another anime series called .hack//udeden or .hack//legend of the twilight bracelet. They all connect to form one really big (and expensive) storyline. anyone else heard of these?

Sepho
01-22-2005, 09:59 PM
I've played and completed the first dotHack game, and I found it suprisingly entertaining and addicting. The whole world felt bland, and it didn't feel dynamic enough to emulate a true MMORPG feel, but I couldn't stop playing it for reasons unknown to me. I also watched the first //liminality that came with the game, but that's as far as my adventure in the dotHack universe has taken me thus far.

I do plan on finishing the games some day.

StarlightAngel
01-22-2005, 10:26 PM
I've seen the anime, read the legend of the twilight bracelet manga, played (But haven't beaten) The first game, seen the first two liminality anime DVDs. :D

edczxcvbnm
01-22-2005, 11:32 PM
For .hack I own

.hack//sign anime series(whole series. 26 epsiodes + bonus 2)
.hack//infection(with liminatlity disc)
.hack//mutation(with liminatlity disc)
.hack//outbreak(with liminatlity disc)
.hack//quarantine(with liminatlity disc)
.hack//legend of the twlight(all 3 manga volumes)

I really think the whole history of the series is fantastic and pretty imaginative. In everything they really fleshed out the charaters and slowly dropped hints as to what was going on and why through out the anime and the games. A lot was revealed in Liminality 3.

I took me a while to get into the games but I was working at gamestop and just kept giving it a chance. I just kept coming back.

I have seen the .hack//legend of the twilight anime but it sucked big time. It forgot its purpose and became too serious. They should have just kept it a manga which was really great and was never very serious at all. Pretty funny and light hearted.

Destai
01-23-2005, 04:30 PM
-.hack//Sign 26 eps+2 bonus eps
-.hack//Sign Soundtrack 1&2 (which are probably the best anime soundtracks in existence)

-.hack//Infection-passed with all bonuses
-.hack//mutation-passed with all bonuses
-.hack//Outbreak-passed with all bonuses
-.hack//Quarantine-passed with "most" bonuses
-.hack//game soundtrack

-.hack//Liminality-All 4 DVD's(they come free with the games anyway)

In the next few months I plan to save for the 3 mangas, One of the japanese analysis books and the Legend of the twilight bracelet dvd's and some more soundtracks.

Tanwen Strife
01-23-2005, 05:22 PM
I have seen this .hack// of which you speak and been thinking of getting something in the series just not sure what. do you reacon I should and where should I start?

Tyckun
01-24-2005, 01:13 AM
I love the .hack games!

For me right now, Kite is level 20 along with Black Rose, all other characters are level 18-19, except for Gardenia, who's level 16.

By the way, I'm talking about Infection.

So, anyway, my only problem is that the character's don't jump. Though the game is addicting, but all it really is is whack whack heal skill whack whack heal skill skill skill heal heal heal heal heal whack whack DATA DRAIN whack WIN, rinse and repeat.

The storyline is so exciting, and I just want to get further in the game. It makes me feel like I'm playing an even better version of FFX. I mean because FFX is addicting, but .hack is even better, and even MORE addicting.

Grunties are fun to ride on ^_^

Bayla ec kuut.

kikimm
01-24-2005, 04:05 AM
Iv'e only seen the first liminality disc, and played about an hour of the first game (until it stalled. But that's what I get for used games.) But I really liked liminality. It's very intriguing, and I'd buy all the other games just to see the rest of them. The only thing I've found I don't like was Blackrose's voice. Ugh.

:D

TheAbominatrix
01-24-2005, 04:07 AM
I love the idea, I love the ability to listen to Japanese voices, and all of that. I just couldnt get into the game that much. And I really dont like the anime, I suppose I'll have to watch it subbed as opposed to dubbed. But, like I said, I think it's an excellent idea.

Destai
01-24-2005, 09:47 AM
I have seen this .hack// of which you speak and been thinking of getting something in the series just not sure what. do you reacon I should and where should I start?

The 1st thing that happened was .hack//Sign the anime series. This will explain alot of what happens in the games but I think it woud be more interesting to play all four games first. You'll enjoy them more and wont have any expectations. You get the liminality DVD's with each game. They show whats happening in the real world and what effects the game is having (power outs etc.). These take place at the same time as the game. The legend of the twilight anime and manga takes place four years after the game but most fans dont consider this a part of the real story line of .hack//.

The correct order to play it by the timeline-
.hack//sign
.hack//infection+Limanality1
.hack//mutation+Limanality2
.hack//Outbreak+Limanality3
.hack//Quarantine+Limanlity4
.hack//Legend of the twilight

But the most enjoyable way is probably to play the games and liminality first, then watch sign and legend of the twilight.

Having to buy four whole games that could just about fit in one is a rip off though. My advice is to buy them over the net on ebay. I got all four games for not much more than the price of one. I bought them seperately of course but they were all new and really cheap!

Tasura
02-12-2005, 02:18 AM
i have infection, and the dvd that comes with it, i plan to get everything else .hack related.