PDA

View Full Version : ::HeLp!! Regarding ANIMA::

silent_ultima
01-23-2005, 04:20 AM
Guys, i've got to the Baaj temple to obtain ANIMA, and sumthing happens. Only 4 of the statue respond to me. and after i went back to zanarkand to obtain the magistrial rod there, only 5 respond. Did i miss sumthing? I've read the walkthrough and they say that u hafta obtain the hidden items in the temple by using the destruction sphere, well I DID!! all 6 of 'em. And i'm very sure coz i read the walkthrough when trying to solve the temple puzzle. (Forgive me but i'm too lazy to think... and Bahamut's temple was the most hardest and confusing, even by walkthrough guidance!!) So did i screw up or is this sh*t is a bug? Did anyone happens to bump into this things?

ShivaBlizzard8
01-23-2005, 06:20 PM
The only reason I can think of is you missed one of the items somehow. If you look at the colors/symbols of which ones are lit up, you should be able to figure out which temple you missed and check back, since the towers each pretty obviously correspond to each Aeon.

Rykashi
01-23-2005, 06:33 PM
Hmmm, I'm assuming that since you were talking about Bahamut's cloister, you recieved the one in Bevelle. Did you go back and get the one in Zanarkand? I know you cannot recieve that one immediately.

Also, have you gotten ALL the other secret aeons? Anima is the very last one, and cannot be recieved untill after the Magus sisters and (Is there another one? i forgot...I just cant remember its name...)

If you have all that...i dunno, may be a bug

rubah
01-23-2005, 09:45 PM
You have that backwards. You have to have anima before you get the magus sisters. Otherwise belgemine won't let you fight against her to get the flower scepter thingy.

What I'd do is go back to ALL of the temples, they have treasure chests in there you need anyways, and solve them over again, making sure you get the destruction sphere each time. Even if you think you've done them all, you might've missed one inadvertantly. like when I didn't start using a walkthrough until kilika and didn't know of the wonders of the Rod of Wisdom (which I'm still using dangit, even being nearly at the calm lands:D) until I was going to get anima.

It's supposed to be impossible to miss Bevelle's treasure (which is a hp sphere right? not the knight lance, because when you take the hp sphere, it goes 'ding' like you're done solving the trials) but you never know.

But yeah, go back to the temples. If they don't let you in, head to bevelle for the scene, and they should be extremely happy to do so after that.

barring that, try to figure out which lights are lit. I can't do this for the life of me, which is why I go to all the temples again anyways^^; I'm sure there's a faq somewhere that lists which ones are which, and if not, I think there was a thread called 'Baaj temple and the bevelle treasure' that's stickied around here somewhere:)

ShivaBlizzard8
01-24-2005, 12:33 AM
This might help:

Top right statue - Bevelle (Bahamut)
Middle right statue - Djose(Ixion)
Bottom right statue - Kilika Temple (Ifrit)

Top left statue - Besaid (Valefor)
Middle left statue - Macalania (Shiva)
Bottom left statue - Zanarkand (Yunalesca)

silent_ultima
01-24-2005, 04:28 AM
so if i accidently sell the items that i've obtain at the temples, does the statue still resonate to Tidus's presence? I've been selling some of my equipment coz my inventory is full...

and can i go back to the temple and solve those trials again? I can't go in Besaid coz that dwarve person kept saying that warrior monk is around and he/she prevent me from entering the temple... which is weird though.. we can beat the crap out of Seymore and we have to be afraid of some warrior monk MoFo... :confused: :D :greenie: :p

ShivaBlizzard8
01-24-2005, 04:38 AM
I don't think you can sell key items like these.

You should be able to revisit the temples and complete the trials if you missed them the first time (you can also talk to each of the Aeons' fayth, which is cool)

As for Besaid, have you determined that its the Besaid statue that isn't working?

I Don't Need A Name
01-24-2005, 04:16 PM
I know!(i had 2 do this as well) u have 2 go back 2 Djose temple and get the chest in the chamber of the fayth

silent_ultima
01-25-2005, 01:37 PM
umm no ShivaBlizzard8, I don't think the chest gave out Key Items, Magistral Rod is just another normal equipment, and also those Spheres.. just another normal sphere. ok I'll try to go back to Djose temple..

sayen
02-01-2005, 01:21 PM
dosent matter if you use or sell them you just have to have opened the secret chest in the closter of trials the most common ones to miss are the one in kilika temple and the one in macalnia temple the others are pritty easy. oh and how do you get the one in yunaleskas place? and do the dark aeons only appera after the fist fight with sin or when you get the airship?

silent_ultima
02-01-2005, 03:16 PM
urmm sayen i didn't play the international version, i played the original version, no dark aeons or ribbons or stuff like that, but i've bought the international version.. :P

oh and guys the items that i missed (according to ShivaBlizzard8) is the one in Besaid, and there's a priestess there,telling me not to go in.. sheeesshh i guess i hafta replay the game, ya?

alexholker
02-01-2005, 03:25 PM
oh and guys the items that i missed (according to ShivaBlizzard8) is the one in Besaid, and there's a priestess there,telling me not to go in.. sheeesshh i guess i hafta replay the game, ya?No, just strengthen your characters until you are able to kill off that Dark Aeon. Dark Valefor only has 800,000 hit points, Attack Reels or Blitz Ace with a Break Damage Limit weapon might be able to kill it with one hit. Just give someone a First Strike weapon, and switch Wakka or Tidus into the battle as soon as it starts, then use the overdrive.

Or strengthen an Aeon (Bahumut probably) so he can go head-to-head with the Dark Valefor.

Or just summon Yojimbo and give him lots of money, and hope for Zanmato.

DJZen
02-01-2005, 06:39 PM
There aren't any Dark Aeons in the version silent_ultima has. What you need to do is go back to the highbridge (at Bevelle Temple). After a LONG cutscene you'll be able to go back to any of the temples as the warrior monks will have left.

sayen
02-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Thanks for avoiding my question so ill say it again how do you get the secret chest in the zanerknd dome. And how do you get at the sigl or crest if the evil bahmut is there if you cant get a move in and have no money to buy new weapons with slots?

silent_ultima
02-02-2005, 11:36 AM
i think we should start a new thread regarding the FFX:International version, as many have been confused... ya?

oh i'll try that tonite, DJZen :tongue:

alexholker
02-02-2005, 12:59 PM
Thanks for avoiding my question so ill say it again how do you get the secret chest in the zanerknd dome. And how do you get at the sigl or crest if the evil bahmut is there if you cant get a move in and have no money to buy new weapons with slots?To get the Destruction Sphere you must reenter the Trials (where you had to step on the blocks), and then step on all seven of the white 2-by-2 squares without stepping on any other blocks. This will open a panel containing the Destruction Sphere.

It is possible to get the Sun Sigil before you leave just after killing Yunalesca, otherwise I think you have to defeat Dark Bahamut.

Silent Ultima: Sorry about the misunderstanding, I thought you meant your latest game was in International...

silent_ultima
02-03-2005, 11:41 AM
hey it's ok alex.. and i'm serious about starting a new thread about FFX:International..

i found out that ppl are afraid of fighting this 'Dark Aeon'... izzit so tough? and does dark aeons refers to Anima?

alexholker
02-03-2005, 01:22 PM
There is one Dark Aeon for each of the Aeons in the game - a Dark Valefor, a Dark Ifrit, Dark Anima and so on. They are very powerful, the weakest (Dark Valefor) has 800,000 hit points. I have only managed to kill Dark Valefor and Dark Ifrit so far - and two of my characters are at the stage where they have ~200 Strength.

silent_ultima
02-04-2005, 11:29 AM
uhh.. sheeshh....
that takes more that just strength to beat it, ya? i think u need strategy there, i mean i've defeated most of the hard enemies in the FFX with my men's str at 200 over, with no difficulty whatsoever...

alexholker
02-04-2005, 02:14 PM
uhh.. sheeshh....
that takes more that just strength to beat it, ya? i think u need strategy there, i mean i've defeated most of the hard enemies in the FFX with my men's str at 200 over, with no difficulty whatsoever...I know, but it was easier than listing all of their stats...

silent_ultima
02-06-2005, 05:27 AM
uhh..
what's that suppose to mean alex?

alexholker
02-06-2005, 06:53 AM
uhh..
what's that suppose to mean alex?It meant that I didn't want to bother writing down everything about the characters so far. I know that tactics are important, but when Dark Shiva kills all three of your characters as soon as she gets her first turn, you know that you need to increase your stats.

silent_ultima
02-10-2005, 01:00 PM
It meant that I didn't want to bother writing down everything about the characters so far. I know that tactics are important, but when Dark Shiva kills all three of your characters as soon as she gets her first turn, you know that you need to increase your stats.

uhh.. if that's the case... then how can i defeat them? I mean if they can beat u with just one shot of physical attack (i saw a clip showing Shiva beating a crap out of someone's party).......

alexholker
02-10-2005, 01:17 PM
uhh.. if that's the case... then how can i defeat them? I mean if they can beat u with just one shot of physical attack (i saw a clip showing Shiva beating a crap out of someone's party).......You would have to increase your Agility a lot, and/or increase your defence and HP enough so that she can't kill a character with a single kick.

silent_ultima
02-10-2005, 03:13 PM
oh i c..
sounds way hard.. and sounds like it's more like winning by luck rather than by u'r character's skills.. more like the battle with Ozma of FFIX

Shalashaska
02-10-2005, 07:09 PM
oh i c..
sounds way hard.. and sounds like it's more like winning by luck rather than by u'r character's skills.. more like the battle with Ozma of FFIX

Not really. The Dark Aeons (well the last 4 anyway) are about on par with some of the harder Original Creations in the monster arena. If you have max stats or close to max stats they're about as boring as Quick Hitting Nemesis over and over.

With the right strats they're not even that difficult with medium to low stats. All of the Dark Aeons except for Dark Anima have been defeated in a NSG game so....

silent_ultima
02-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Not really. The Dark Aeons (well the last 4 anyway) are about on par with some of the harder Original Creations in the monster arena. If you have max stats or close to max stats they're about as boring as Quick Hitting Nemesis over and over.

With the right strats they're not even that difficult with medium to low stats. All of the Dark Aeons except for Dark Anima have been defeated in a NSG game so....
uhh.. what's a NSG? and are u sure they are not hard at all??

Shalashaska
02-11-2005, 08:34 PM
NSG = No Sphere Grid game. Your first run in with the Dark Aeons, as with the Monster Arena creations, can end up with you receiving a fairly good ass whoopin if you're not prepared.

As I said before, they're about on par with some of the harder Original Creations but if you're able to take out Ultima Buster and Nemesis with relative ease then you wont have too much trouble with any of the Dark Aeons (though having at least Stoneproof becomes somewhat of a requirement with the last couple).

Penance, on the other hand, takes a bit more preparation.

silent_ultima
02-11-2005, 08:36 PM
wait a sec..

u mean u've played through the game without any sphere grid?? how the heck did u do that? i mean sphere grid is the only way to upgrade u'r characters, ya?

Shalashaska
02-11-2005, 08:40 PM
It's a 'challenge' you can do, just like the No Junction challenge in FFVIII or a Level 1 Ozma challenge in FFIX. NSG isn't very difficult to do though, it's more of a 'beginner' challenge.

silent_ultima
02-12-2005, 08:27 AM
so it means that u beat the game with the default character's attribute? meaning that only using cheer for Tidus, and not learning any other skills? how do u beat the sinspawn for god's sake?

rubah
02-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Items would be my guess. yay items.

silent_ultima
02-13-2005, 04:53 AM
uh..uh...
and how do u beat the gel thingie that hold on to Jecht's sphere in Macalania Woods? And how do u beat Seymore? Damn it don't tell me u beat them with those default character's stats....

Shalashaska
02-13-2005, 08:17 AM
Oh it's very doable and not as difficult as you may think. It takes quite a bit of planning in some parts (namely for Evrae and BFA) but the basics have to do with overdrives (especially Rikku's) and having the right equipment, First Strike on a weapon is essential.

The most annoying part is not having Flee and watching your characters constantly refuse to run away. :mad2:

There are much harder challenges out there, though I'm not 'hardcore' enough (read: dont have the time) to attempt them. A NSG game is a nice change up though if you've played through FFX numerous times and are looking for something different.

amratis
02-14-2005, 04:43 PM
I'm extremely miffed because I can't get Anima either and this cant get Yuna's celestial weapon. I've got the treasure spheres from Bevelle and Kilika, but I cant get back in to Besaid temple because dark-Valefor is there and he keeps kicking my butt, there isnt a way round him is there? How many of the other temples, Djose or Macalania, have dark aeons infront of them? (I know Zanarkand doesnt have one because I've been back there levelling.

EDIT - I have yojimbo with break damage limit. Because I have Auron's celestial weapon with the crest, (not the sigil yet) I hear Yojimbo is useful for fighting dark aeons but I don't know how.

alexholker
02-14-2005, 05:26 PM
While it is possible to use Yojimbo's Zanmato to kill a Dark Aeon, this is generally considered bad form and a cop-out. I'd say to try to unlock the species creations at the monster arena (by capturing multiples of all fiends of a certain type, eg. wolves), then killing them for stat boosting spheres. Increasing Wakka's strength by a large amount and giving him a Break Damage Limit weapon, you might be able to kill Dark Valefor with a single set of Attack Reels. Of course, to attack before Dark Valefor, you'd need to have First Strike either on Wakka's weapon or on someone else's, then switch Wakka in at the start of battle.

amratis
02-14-2005, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the help. I'm kinda doing the monster arena stuff aswell right now because I'm trying to get auron's ultimate weapon. I didnt know you got stat boosting sphere's if you did the species creations. (Never bothered doing the side-quests in X before see)

Shalashaska
02-14-2005, 08:26 PM
In other words.....there are ways around the Dark Aeons, but not without a lot of work unless you use the (cheap) way of Zanmato.

About your other question regarding DA locations....

Dark Shiva guards Macalania Temple. You will have to fight her if you try to re-enter it (and you will have your ass handed to you on a silver platter if you're struggling with Dark Valefor) so hopefully you got the treasure the first time you were there.

Dark Bahamut guards the area where you fought Yunalesca so hopefully you picked up Tidus' sigil right after you fought her otherwise you will have to go through D. Bahamut in order to fully power up the Caladbolg.

Either way, good luck! ;)

amratis
02-14-2005, 10:32 PM
In other words.....there are ways around the Dark Aeons, but not without a lot of work unless you use the (cheap) way of Zanmato.

About your other question regarding DA locations....

Dark Shiva guards Macalania Temple. You will have to fight her if you try to re-enter it (and you will have your ass handed to you on a silver platter if you're struggling with Dark Valefor) so hopefully you got the treasure the first time you were there.

Dark Bahamut guards the area where you fought Yunalesca so hopefully you picked up Tidus' sigil right after you fought her otherwise you will have to go through D. Bahamut in order to fully power up the Caladbolg.

Either way, good luck! ;)

Thankfully I did indeed get the sigil from the Lady Y. Battle area whilst I was there.

Sorry but I have to admit, I've copped out and used Yo-jim-bob. :( Take that dark Valefore, now to chop Shiva in half.... :chop:

moogle
02-15-2005, 12:31 PM
i can't stand it when people use zanamato to kill bosses don't you like a challenge? Otherwise there would be no point in the game because you could just killl nemesis and penance in one attack, i wish now that zanamato wasn't ever put in the game!

silent_ultima
02-15-2005, 01:54 PM
i can't stand it when people use zanamato to kill bosses don't you like a challenge? Otherwise there would be no point in the game because you could just killl nemesis and penance in one attack, i wish now that zanamato wasn't ever put in the game!

the challenge there is to have the patients to wait and hope that Yojimbo performed Zanmato...

humans' rite.. let them use zanmato if they wish to.. as if yojimbo always performed zanmato.. ya? :tongue:

Emily52
02-15-2005, 04:19 PM
the challenge there is to have the patients to wait and hope that Yojimbo performed Zanmato...
I agree with you. :D

Shalashaska
02-15-2005, 07:14 PM
If you raise your compatibility to 255 with Yojimbo then Zanmato comes a dime a dozen and many times for free. Not much challenge in that.