PDA

View Full Version : Battle arena glitch?

redxiiii
01-23-2005, 10:10 PM
:D HI guys been a while since i posted anythin, anyway I went to the battle arena to get omnislash so i entered the arena as normal, I deafeted the first enemy with ease I might add but when it came to choosing the handicap it was all magic materia :confused: then the next handicap was all command materia :confused: then all my weapon being damaged :confused: when i got to the final enemy all I could do was attack cos even item had been disabled! so any thoughts on this?

TheSpoonyBard
01-23-2005, 10:16 PM
You are either very unlucky or not very good at stopping the reels. Repeatedly pressing Square will cause the reels to appear to move slower, allowing you to select the one you want. The same can be done for Tifa's reels.

Captain Maxx Power
01-23-2005, 10:44 PM
This does happen occasionally, sort of "themed" handicaps. Other such examples are nothing but positive reels (lucky sevens, full cure etc) and nothing but materia breaks. You'll get a lot of BP for finishing such a handicapped fight though.

DMKA
01-23-2005, 10:46 PM
This happens occasionally, and it's annoying.

bEoWuLfX
01-24-2005, 12:30 AM
happened to me too, but most annoying was when the accessory break, mini and then no items. the best thing to do is never disable items. Cause after you've collected all those magic items and you're kinda screwed bust them out.

Bubbles1230
01-24-2005, 02:24 AM
man, that sucks 4 u. thats happened 2 me bout 20 times.

redxiiii
01-24-2005, 03:15 PM
No Darkness i`m not bad at stopping the reels! it`s just that I had no choice bcos everythin on the reels was the same

TheSpoonyBard
01-24-2005, 03:18 PM
Then you were just unlucky. On the plus side, if you do manage to win with all those handicaps you'll get a huge amount of BP.

redxiiii
01-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Yeah well I did get to the last enemy with only attack but by then my weapon was damaged and my health and mp had been halved twice i think a serpent killed me that thing in the gelnika that uses water and ice based attacks

DJZen
01-24-2005, 05:28 PM
Sometimes the best strategy in the arena is knowing when to stop. I can't even tell you how many times I was about to win a butt-ton of BP and then lost it all 'cause I went double or nothing and got "all materia broken!"