PDA

View Full Version : HOW AM I DOIN?!

JunotDe
01-24-2005, 04:21 AM
Haha sorry..Im jus goin crazy that I might not be wat level i should be or anything

Someone Tell Me How Im Doin! Im usin Cloud, Barret n RedXIII

Cloud is Lvl: 22 Limit Level: 2
Barret: 21 Limit Level: 3
Red XIII: 22 Limit Level: 2
I just got to That costa del ray for the first time..Am i doin alright?
If u want more stats i shall tell

bEoWuLfX
01-24-2005, 07:41 AM
honestly, that's terrible. Terrible. Why does barret have a higher limit level than cloud? Um 7/10 when I went to the costa del sol, I had everyone atleast to level 25 and learning up to their second limit. frankly, this game is so easy levels are meaningless.

FourShiningOrbs
01-24-2005, 07:59 AM
First of all, use Tifa instead of Barret, her limit breaks are much better. Second of all, why is Barret's limit break level higher than Cloud's? I don't think I've ever seen that. Learn Cloud's limit breaks as fast as you possibly can, trust me you won't be sorry. Best way to do so: have Cloud level up Cover and Counter Attack materia, and make him Hyper for faster Limit Gauge build-up. You'll learn his limit breaks in no time.

Destai
01-24-2005, 09:32 AM
Actually for the average player hes doing great. You two are probably pros who have passed the game at least once right? While this guy is probably playing for the first time. I wouldnt worry about it. You're doing really well. The first time I played FFVII I was six years old. Even if you do run into trouble later on in the game you can always just take the time to do some extra levelling up for a boss that blocking your path. The game is more fun when you're challenged anyway. Just go about the game at your own pace and dont worry about levels.

Bubbles1230
01-25-2005, 02:44 AM
Yeah, i second that last reply. i started playing it when i was 9 and i was like level 18 or somthing. I barely got past Jenova(pure luck only) neway, i think you're doing a great job,and im not sure about that level thing with Barret. I usually use Cloud, Red XIII, and Aeris. Keep it up.

ShunNakamura
01-25-2005, 08:09 PM
This is an easy game, just use your favorite characters and have fun.

My first time through Yuffie had a higher limit break then Cloud, and I really had fun then.

If you do run into any problems... Leveling can work wonders. If still you have trouble, you have a good source of help right here.

Also you are higher level then I ever am when I get there(well usually) I tend to be 15-20 range at the most. The first time cloud was 20, and the others 16-17 I think. anyways you see what I mean the game is easy if you understand materia and battle system(and really those aren't hard to understand).

Your limit break levels are fine, although that is another way to easy up the game(learn limit breaks faster). BTW wiht cloud I only ever used his 1st lvl limit breaks... Can't remember why... I guess I just felt they were more useful.

Dreddz
01-25-2005, 08:30 PM
I think hes doing quite good were he is . I was doing the same roughly at his stage. All the people sayin that he is a low level play the game to much. Although why is Barrets level break higher than Clouds . Barret sucks i recommend not using him. The best team are cloud, Cid and Vincent

JunotDe
01-26-2005, 01:14 AM
*UPDATE*
I've been playing a bit now And Im at the stage right after you get out of the Desert Jail Thing I just did that mission and started leveling up before goin anywhere else

Cloud Barret and RedXIII are now all at level 30
They all are also At Limit level 3

And I use Barret cause hes my favourit character in the game. Am I still doing alright?

Gregoriev
01-26-2005, 01:37 AM
I havent really leveled up as much as you have. Cloud is like 26-27 i think, and everyone else is less.

I usually have Cloud, Tifa, and Aeris in my party at all times. i strip everyone else of materia and don't use them at all. Though i may be reconsidering....

Yuffie is an Okay character, and cid has more HP than cloud does! so i may put in Yuffie. I tend to prefer having two chicks fighting alongside cloud....just looks better.

barrett sucks, cat sith sucks, red X blows, and the others i have not decided on.

Also, mind you cloud is like 26-27 after i have gone all the way through nibleim, and just completed Rocket-Town. I have the jeep and plane parked outside of nibleim, and i am just wondering what i should do now...

i think killing that midgar zolem thing couldn't be all that hard...i just have to run in and kick some arse. i usually don't fine battles very hard, heck, i love the boss ones because it takes all the work out of targeting things for the most efficient killing. as you should know i am a total materia whore, and i only upgrade weapons so that i can kill weak things more effectivly and also so that i can have connected slots with which i can do neat things.

who here thinks i can pone up on the zolem with a level 27 cloud, 26 tifa, and 25 aeris?

Sepho
01-26-2005, 01:44 AM
You can beat the Zolom at those levels.
Also, Aeris is, um, a rather worthless player (her stats suck, and her limits aren't the useful). I'd recommend finding someone else to develop instead.

bEoWuLfX
01-26-2005, 01:48 AM
you will pown no one. chances are your magic isn't close to being strong enough. I would do it when you get some transportation. you're doing okay, but I was just being frank becasue you asked a question. Still 7/10.

Sepho
01-26-2005, 02:32 AM
You're not going to walk all over him, but you can beat him at those levels. If you can't, then it's a matter of lack of skill, rather than a lack of character development.

JunotDe
01-26-2005, 02:42 AM
You guys talkin bout me or him/her?

Sepho
01-26-2005, 02:58 AM
I'm saying, in general, given the character levels that Gregoriev posted, defeating the Midgar Zolom is feasible (assuming that your materia management skills aren't horrible).

Gregoriev
01-26-2005, 03:58 AM
i am a total materia whore. When taking on the Zolm, you want to knw my basic plan?

1) The first round hit him with every elemental beat i have. Iris, Irit, lightning guy. each are a level two, so i will continue to repeat them as long as they dish out about 600+ dammage.

2) Have aeris do nothing by fight one or two turns, heal everyone the next turn wether they really need it or not.

3) Once MP gets low, i am counting on the Zolm hitting aeris the most, because i will have her using the cover materis. the hits she takes will raise her limit break. i will use seal evil on the zolm (as long as it's possible to use, i don't see why not) then boost the Mp's with elixers.

4) I will pummel the Zolem during this time using the most high power attacks i have, the elementals or the fire/ice/lightning materia. whichever is most effective, all are at level 2.

5) When the zolm wakes up again, i will continue pummeling it, and essentially repeat what i did before, using limit breaks cloud and tifa gain as the come up.

6) i will pretty much prey that the zolm does not flick anyone out of battle, which is totally gay, and also hope i can survive the Beta attack, which as i reall hit me for 1200 dammage, killing everyone easily.

As long as i keep this up, using aeris to heal the two tanks of tifa and cloud, i think i should be alright. anyone see flaws in this plan i would like to know of?

Sepho
01-26-2005, 04:21 AM
Surviving the Beta attack with an Enemy-Skill materia equipped is really the only reason to fight him at this point (the Beta skill is very strong, and if you get it at that point in the game, you'll be set for some time), considering how relatively little experience and AP you're rewarded with for defeating him.

If you just want to kill him, go in with your limit breaks fully charged and he won't be a problem. For reference, he has 4000 HP.

JunotDe
01-26-2005, 04:49 AM
I jus went to cosmo canyon and Did that mission http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif there..The boss is so easy..all the bosses i've played til now are so easy they barely even get any hits at me i dont getit

JayDee
01-26-2005, 08:49 AM
The games too easy to worry about levels
it's more fun on lower levels than higher

Rostum
01-26-2005, 09:06 AM
I jus went to cosmo canyon and Did that mission http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif there..The boss is so easy..all the bosses i've played til now are so easy they barely even get any hits at me i dont getit

First time through I had extreme trouble on the boss (was underleveled) but it was such an accomplishment to beat him. Then after I did, I realised all it took as a phoenix down or something like that, to kill him. ;_;

Anyways, I was level 40 by the time I got there (on my second round) because I leveled up a heap load by setting off the alarm in Junon. Either way just keep going, you can level up later if you need it.

JunotDe
01-26-2005, 10:52 AM
How do you set off the alarm?
Is it good EXP?

Sepho
01-26-2005, 12:46 PM
It's excellent experience and AP for that part of the game. I usually have all of my Fire/Ice/Bolt/Quake/Cure etc. materia mastered before the first disk is over because I spend so much time levelling there.

You have to go back to Junon through means of stowing away on the boat at Costa Del Sol. In Junon, there's a hallway with a bunch of grunts in formation doing drills. You'll find a red switch in the middle of the wall. Push it. Then continue to run around the hall to engage in random encounters.

JunotDe
01-26-2005, 09:51 PM
Thanks Man. Imma try that right now

JunotDe
01-28-2005, 01:55 AM
Cloud: level 46 Limit Level: 3
Barret: level 45 Limit Level: 3
Red XIII: Level 46 Limit Level: 3

At the Part where you go to Wutai And do that dumb stuff with yuffie and i jus got the Tiny Bronco before it

Polaris
01-28-2005, 12:18 PM
Don't u know that are other characters? Like Tifa, Yuffie... Cait Sith, Aeris... use Aeris a bit for cure! And if u think that bosses are easy wait until the end with weapons...