PDA

View Full Version : Tearjerker Possible Spoilers

CloudVII
01-24-2005, 06:00 AM
Man, this story is involving and very immersive and well very good. By the time you beat the end game you feel somethings missing in yourself. I truly feel like something is not right in this world with Tidus gone. I'm a guy and I'll openly admit I nearly cried at the end of this game(only reason I didn't was because my little brother was in here. I've read all the dialpugue and looked at all the screenies of FFX-2's endings and I still don't feel any closure. Did anyone else have this feeling and is there any way to get some real closure for myself? You've truly created a good game SE don't be intimidated by some of the stuff people say, when you can make me feel like losing a char in a game is also losing a part of me... It's amazing.

UltimateSpamGrover
01-24-2005, 06:14 AM
X-2 ruined X, never play it.

BackRoomKid
01-24-2005, 06:52 AM
best ending ever

emotionally I mean

Destai
01-24-2005, 10:13 AM
X-2 was totally unnecessary. The ending in X was briliant and a real tear jerker. Then you saw the end credits and Yuna vowing to never forget him and it was really nice. Then you see the pyroflies and Tidus realising hes back in Spira. He swims toward the surface to meet Yuna and The end. It was PERFECT. X-2 was ofcourse terrible but it would have been more interesting if it was baout X and not a storyline of its own. If there really had been anything to do with Tidus in it. I think that was all the fans really wanted. I know that was all I did

Necronopticous
01-24-2005, 10:16 AM
Final Fantasy X was a very well made game, although some people didn't like it. Final Fantasy X-2 was a very well made game, although some people didn't like it.

Destai
01-24-2005, 02:25 PM
I think it was more a case that X was a very well made game. X-2 was just the leftovers jumbled into a game of its own and it took X down a few notches in class.

Sefie1999AD
01-24-2005, 03:26 PM
I think FFX's ending was very good, but going against most people here, I thought FFX-2's was too, and FFX just wouldn't have been right without FFX-2. If I think about it, the final battle, the ending, everything Tidus and Yuna promised, all Tidus' thoughts etc just don't get fully developed with only FFX. After playing FFX-2 and watching the Suteki Da Ne scene at the lake, the dialogue between Tidus and Yuna makes so much more sense after playing FFX-2. And as I said in another thread, in FFX-2, Yuna developed a lot, realizing how you shouldn't sacrifice your life for helping out others because it's your duty to be a doormat, but because you want to help others, and Yuna realizing before the final battle of FFX-2 how winning by losing everything you love is only an empty victory showed how much she has developed between the two games. FFX-2's ending with bringing Tidus back was just an icing on the cake. We know that Yuna learned to keep Tidus inside her, so even if the good ending didn't happen, Yuna would have been able to move on with her life.

So while FFX's ending is very well done, tragic and emotional, I think it's totally inaccurate to say FFX-2 or its ending ruined FFX's ending.

Kamrusepas
01-24-2005, 03:31 PM
I love X, but I feel that X-2 is only made for teenage girls, and it's way too girly for a Final Fantasy.
And it's a sequel. FFs don't have sequels. It feels kinda forced.

Dragon Ash
01-24-2005, 03:33 PM
I did feel very empty at the end of the game. But then, it's the same feeling I get at the end of all Final Fantasy games. The stories are just so emotional and it's just so easy to get attached to the characters that you have to remind yourself they're not real.

SeeDRankLou
01-24-2005, 04:41 PM
Final Fantasy X had an extraordinarily compelling story to it. It had many emotional moments and the ending was spectacular. Final Fantasy X-2 also had a really good story, hidden behind many elements that a lot of gamers can't/refuse to see past. The story of FFX-2 is just as compelling as FFX's story, in different places and different ways. FFX-2 did nothing to ruin the story of FFX, they are two very seperate stories.

Destai
01-24-2005, 05:34 PM
Final Fantasy X had an extraordinarily compelling story to it. It had many emotional moments and the ending was spectacular. Final Fantasy X-2 also had a really good story, hidden behind many elements that a lot of gamers can't/refuse to see past. The story of FFX-2 is just as compelling as FFX's story, in different places and different ways. FFX-2 did nothing to ruin the story of FFX, they are two very seperate stories.Refuse to see past? WHy dont you exlain your statements. X was very serious and very deep. Then they took that deep emotional story and blasted it into a teenage girl story. Now I have nothing against a female lead but a gender biased game isnt gonna go down well with me on many parts. The story wasnt nearly as good. While X was a dramatic romance X-2 was a cheesey romance. Thats a definite decrease and frankly it was much harder to take most of the characters and the story seriously because the game in general wasnt that serious at all compared to X. If you've played both games (Just to confirm it; I have played both games) You'll more than likely feel that X was much more serious than X-2 and it wasnt just because of the really bad music in X-2. Its the same characters, same world, exact same areas. o its entirely possible for one game to effect the other. And X-2 effected X in a very bad way.

Sefie1999AD
01-24-2005, 06:17 PM
Refuse to see past? WHy dont you exlain your statements. X was very serious and very deep. Then they took that deep emotional story and blasted it into a teenage girl story. Now I have nothing against a female lead but a gender biased game isnt gonna go down well with me on many parts. The story wasnt nearly as good. While X was a dramatic romance X-2 was a cheesey romance. Thats a definite decrease and frankly it was much harder to take most of the characters and the story seriously because the game in general wasnt that serious at all compared to X. If you've played both games (Just to confirm it; I have played both games) You'll more than likely feel that X was much more serious than X-2 and it wasnt just because of the really bad music in X-2. Its the same characters, same world, exact same areas. o its entirely possible for one game to effect the other. And X-2 effected X in a very bad way.

With your logic about FFX-2, I could also say that FFX is a game meant for 13-year-old teen boys who are desperate to see a loud-mouthed sportstar and who want to see cameras zooming at Rikku's butt and Lulu's breasts, and it gets even worse, revealing and scantily-clad when Yunalesca appears. And I thought FFX-2's characters were all well-developed and had varied personalities, whereas half of FFX's cast used to annoy everything out of me (Tidus, Yuna, Wakka, Lulu, Kimahri, Seymour...)

Cheesy romance? There isn't even romance in the game for your main characters unless you go for the good ending. You mean Shuyin and Lenne? I thought Shuyin was a well-designed, tragic villain, who died protecting the love of his life, hoping their sacrifice would at least have some meaning. But instead, 1000 years pass and people still keep killing each other, and Shuying just couldn't take that anymore, especially with the guilt of how it seems he died for nothing and how he couldn't protect Lenne. I didn't really think FFX was anything serious on my first game. After playing FFVI, VII and IX, I thought FFX was a very shallow game with a low-budget storyline, especially when I played Kingdom Hearts after that, which was emotional, deep and dark despite its Disney-ness. FFX-2's music isn't bad, either. It's relaxing in the background, unlike FFX's music, which makes me annoyed and wanting to kick someone's ass (*cough* Otherworld, Contest of the Aeons *cough*).

And it's not entirely possible for one game to ruin another. If you hated FFX-2 so much, why don't you throw your FFX-2 box on a trash bin and pretend it never happened? I wouldn't do that myself, though, since I was a lot like thinking FFX-2 was the good story and I was hoping FFX had never happened. Though I think a good game can redeem a sub-par game, so FFX-2 made FFX feel more fun and deeper too. Finally, I don't think Mr. Destai sees past the surface or past the "teenage girl story."

I Don't Need A Name
01-24-2005, 06:31 PM
i agree with sephiroth1999AD im a 14year old boy and i think ff X-2 is so much better than X. dispite the fact that the main team are girls doesnt change the game. personally i dispised tidus and im glad hes gone. also the lack of romance gives much more room for an AMAZING story and a great game (plus i hate smoochy stuff! ;) )

Destai
01-24-2005, 09:20 PM
I just gave my opinion and debated on it. I didnt appreaciate a totally personal attack for doing it in a thread for that very topic of all places. Trust me, any site who's used to Square wil be tell you just how bad X-2's music was. Whithout Nobuo Uematsas guidance that game was screwed unless you constantly listen to Real Emotion and 1,000 words repeatedly. If I wanted to take glimpses at slutty looking girls then obviously I'd be defending X-2 ;) . And as I just explained the reason they could effect the quality of each other is because they practically are the same game.

Sephiroth1999AD-
" I think a good game can redeem a sub-par game,"
"it's not entirely possible for one game to ruin another."

You just said a game can improve a sub game but its not possible to make a game worse. If it can do one it can do the other. Thats just refusing to see my point about X because its convienient, Thats Biased my friend! Though I have to admit you do make a good point on some of your post. I guess the roamance in X was just as tragic as in X-2
-Spoiler- since through the whole story either Tidus or Yuna had to sacrafice themselves no matter what. But seeing as you've never played X fully unlike me with X-2 you wouldnt no that, would you? Ignore the question mark, Theres no question about it.

BackRoomKid
01-24-2005, 10:45 PM
I'm not a big fan of X-2 but I am glad that Yuna was a little more developed...why she acted in certain ways and what not...X-2, for me, didn't ruin X...it just developed more of Yuna and just made Tidus' death not in complete vain for Yuna

CloudVII
01-25-2005, 04:16 AM
Thanks for all the comments, I feel less empty now... Mkay time for Emeralds @$$ whoopin.... not :(... thanks for making one of my posts succesful :P

Kamrusepas
01-25-2005, 04:51 AM
Whoa. Some people took this very seriously.
Well, I still don't like X-2.

And to Sephiroth1999AD: The Otherworld is one of the best songs ever. In the beginning. In the final battle they just messed it up.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-06-2005, 08:41 AM
Final Fantasy X was a very well made game, although some people didn't like it. Final Fantasy X-2 was a very well made game, although some people didn't like it.
to each their own.

tehSlippy
02-06-2005, 05:11 PM
Destai, you say,
I didnt appreaciate a totally personal attack for doing it in a thread for that very topic of all places. but then you go on to say,
If I wanted to take glimpses at slutty looking girls then obviously I'd be defending X-2 That is a personal attack is it not? How can you be upset about someone doing something to you, then turn around and do the same thing to them.

I liked both the X and X-2 stories. X-2 didn't ruin X.

LillyKimilly
02-13-2005, 10:33 PM
I know wat u mean. I felt so empty and sad wen Tidus went, i also thought he was quite fit for an animated character but anway. I felt sad for Yuna cos she had given so much up already for Spira.
In X-2 i cried like ounce because Shuyin says something like 'don't try and tell me you understand' when he was saying he couldnt protect Lenne and couldnt be with her.
But overall I prefered X and would have felt fine if there wasn't X-2. But they left like a huge opening for another game and other people may have felt that another was needed. X-2 did annoy me in places, too Charlies Angels for me. But the ending did make me happy

rubah
02-14-2005, 02:01 AM
the reason I played x-2 was to feel better about ffx's ending.

And dangit, it worked.

yay,

amratis
02-14-2005, 04:58 PM
the reason I played x-2 was to feel better about ffx's ending.

And dangit, it worked.

yay,

Ditto, I needed serious closure after X's ending, it was like, "No! He cant be gone! come back!" X-2 wasn't v.good IMHO, worth playing just about I guess. Kind of abit brain-rot in places but I liked the Paine,Nooj,Gippal and Baralai sub-story/backround. I only finished it with 60% in the end, and got the normal ending where Tidus doesnt come back. downloaded the FMV where he comes back on Besaid beach and meets Yuna, also downloaded the extra -perfect ending- scene with them in zanarkand, as I couldnt be doing with the hassle of getting them myself :p

Old Manus
02-14-2005, 05:11 PM
It was more emotional than other endings, which just seem to have the same, 'You've finished the game, but the world is doomed anyway' thing.

For the record, I go with Mr. Destai on most accounts. FFX-2 was by no means better than X. If you took the Vegnagun stuff out, you are left with nothing but 3 unrecognisable girls messing around like kids.

amratis
02-14-2005, 05:15 PM
It was more emotional than other endings, which just seem to have the same, 'You've finished the game, but the world is doomed anyway' thing.

FFVIII? (sorry for OT)

Old Manus
02-14-2005, 05:31 PM
I have not yet finished VIII so I would not know. Yet I was just saying 'in general'.

amratis
02-14-2005, 05:33 PM
I see. Have fun playing VIII, enjoyable ending.

YunaandTidas4ever
02-23-2005, 05:44 AM
I haven't played X to the end but I know what happens and I felt like something was gone too...I practically fell in :love: love :love: with Tidus (I know a little chessy and weird) and whenever I think of the ending of X I cry. So you arn't alone.

Spiffing Cheese
03-17-2005, 10:47 AM
Man, this story is involving and very immersive and well very good. By the time you beat the end game you feel somethings missing in yourself. I truly feel like something is not right in this world with Tidus gone. I'm a guy and I'll openly admit I nearly cried at the end of this game(only reason I didn't was because my little brother was in here. I've read all the dialpugue and looked at all the screenies of FFX-2's endings and I still don't feel any closure. Did anyone else have this feeling and is there any way to get some real closure for myself? You've truly created a good game SE don't be intimidated by some of the stuff people say, when you can make me feel like losing a char in a game is also losing a part of me... It's amazing.

Totally, I cried for at least an hour when I played it. My brother, who is totally made of stone and dead inside, just laughed at me and when he finished it thought it was way too mushy. He sucks.

Hey Sephiroth, are you calling me a teenage boy??? Tee hee.

I didn't enjoy X-2 so much... I thought it was pointless. I mean, yeah, it's great, Tidus is back! Woooo! But the little clip at the end of the credits of X sort of did that for me... I think they should have left it as a cliff-hanger for the fans....

You guys are all saying X-2 is for teenage girls and I see why... but I think SOME teenage boys are going to like it for all the slutty outfits the girls wear... I know that's why MY brother liked it...

YunaandTidusforever, Tidus is totally a character who is easy to fall in love with... Except for the fact that he REALLY looks like a girl in FMVs... Oh well....

I cried at the part where Tidus tells his dad he hates him.... and then again when he says he is glad Jecht is his father. :D Am I the only one?

Ultimate99997
03-17-2005, 06:29 PM
Yeah - i too felt something missing - ffx was actually my first final fantasy game, it must have been good because it got me hooked and now i've completed all of them from 7 through to 10-2.

I do have one cure for the emptiness in your heart though - play it all again, then again and then once more for luck...........or just play through the ending sequence over and over just to drum it into your head that it is time to say goodbye to all of the memorable characters.

youk
03-17-2005, 06:41 PM
you are missing something in FF X-2 the sphere gridbut the dressspehre made up for that but still it didnt feel like the way FF X made you feel like
but FF X was amazing an FF X-2 missed a few things but it was worth playing it only i think it was really sad what they did to the blitzball game you can't even swim with your team you can't do anything with you're team the comp did evrything :mad:

Spiffing Cheese
03-17-2005, 07:11 PM
Yeah - i too felt something missing - ffx was actually my first final fantasy game, it must have been good because it got me hooked and now i've completed all of them from 7 through to 10-2.

I do have one cure for the emptiness in your heart though - play it all again, then again and then once more for luck...........or just play through the ending sequence over and over just to drum it into your head that it is time to say goodbye to all of the memorable characters.

I agree, I have fought Jecht and watched the ending loads of times.... Hell, I even downloaded the final scene from a website. Lol.

tailz
03-17-2005, 08:51 PM
yeah X whas my first ff to wel it still is my favorite closely followed by VI (i havent played 7 till 9 because i dont have a ps or ps2) there whas one and only one reason why i didnt cry at the ending (yes im a boy (en het zal me aan me reet roeste) and if anyone minds i dont care boys can like good and emotinal storys to) and that whas because i whas at a friends house at the moment so i didnt butt still it hits me evertime I see it

espacially the part when yuna says

"or the dreams that have faded."

"never forget them."

its so fucking b-e-a-utiful also when aurons leaves that whas a cool part.

and if anyone minds that i almost cryed

shoot me

Spiffing Cheese
03-17-2005, 09:13 PM
I was hysterical (laughter, not tears) when Auron was leaving (not 'cause he was dying, Auron ROCKS). You know, when he walks past Kimahri and hits him... I don't know why but that really gets me. And I also laughed just after you finish off Jecht, and he tells Yuna to summon the aeons. I laughed when Yu Yevon spirity thing was flying around and Tidus goes "You stay away!". Am I just weird?

FFX was the first ff I played, too... I have now played 7, 9 and 10-2
(which I was VERY disappointed with).

Destai
04-01-2005, 05:34 PM
Destai, you say, but then you go on to say, That is a personal attack is it not? How can you be upset about someone doing something to you, then turn around and do the same thing to them.

I liked both the X and X-2 stories. X-2 didn't ruin X.Sorry Im late,
Because they did it to me first ofcourse. If someone bites me I bite them right back. Thats how I can do it. Whats odd about that? And yes when you consider its the same characters I think it did make X look worse than it would have if X-2 was never made.

Cuchulainn
04-04-2005, 04:37 AM
I can completely see why a lot of people hate X2, the cheesy music, Brother being turned into some sort of Gay Stretch Armstrong & the pathetic Charlies Angels Sub Theme. What I hated MOST was the Battle Setup, It lied to you, it made you think it wasn't turn-based anymore by letting you make action strait after your last one, ONLY TO REALISE YOU HAVE TO WAIT AN HOUR BEFORE THE B!TCH DOES ANYTHING. :mad2: I prefered it when you waited, acted & it's carried out, you knew where you were, the world was good, but no, you act, wait & by the time you act the move is either no longer need or ur feckin dead.
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut, if you HAVE bought it, percevere with it, it CAN be very enjoyable at places, in my opinion from the start of CH5, it's as good as you'll get in any RPG, it's just the others that are somewhat, shady.

Old Manus
04-04-2005, 11:23 AM
I agree with you, except for the last two lines.

crazybayman
04-04-2005, 01:33 PM

Yep, that game frickin' blows.

when Auron was leaving (not 'cause he was dying, Auron ROCKS). You know, when he walks past Kimahri and hits him... I don't know why but that really gets me.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty cool. That had to be my favorite single gesture in the entire game.

Spiffing Cheese
04-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Yeah... Auron is the coolest FF character that ever existed...

Me too... FFX-2 was pretty awful... pointless.