PDA

View Full Version : Guns and RPGs

RedCydranth
01-24-2005, 04:36 PM
Maybe its just me and my personal affinity for guns, but aren't the coolest characters in RPGs gunweilders?

Here's a few of my favorite characters in certain RPGs

FF7: Vincent
FF8: Irvine
FFX-2: Paine*
FFT: Mustadio. I also feel Mediators are awesome.
CT: Norris
Xenosaga: Jr.
Suikoden 1 & 2: Clive

*- Albeit that any of the 3 could weild a gun, Paine was the best looking as a gunner and for me did the most damage as a gunner. I'm sure Yuna was better if I let her use guns more, but to me Yuna = magic user. Must have been all those hours playing FFX.

I'm sure there are other gunners out there. Post your favorite gunners and the games they come from. I know theres a few I'm forgetting.

Craig
01-24-2005, 04:42 PM
Maybe Paine was the coolest of the 3 as a Gunner simply because that was her style.. To me Yuna is the gunner.

RedCydranth
01-24-2005, 04:45 PM
I can understand that. They did initially give yuna the Gunner Dress sphere. You can't deny Paine is hott in the gunners outfit though. Or maybe its just me and my obsession with Paine.... I'm a masochist. (Get it? HAHA.. Paine.. Pain.. masochist... ok I'll stop.)

TheAbominatrix
01-24-2005, 04:47 PM
Nah, I prefer swords and the like. Actually I have a strange affinity towards archers..

RedCydranth
01-24-2005, 04:50 PM
I too like archers however how many Archers are there in RPGs? I mean where all they do is archery. I can't think of any. But I'm not thinking too hard.. I'm rather tired.

la monk
01-24-2005, 09:50 PM
archers are cool but usually suck. (except in fire emblem). i dislike guns but the characters you mentioned are cool. well, no i hate mustadio.

Cless
01-24-2005, 10:23 PM
Doesn't Flonne from Disgaea kind of count? I think she was equipped with a bow but I still think she was more of a white mage. And she could equip a staff as well. So, she 1/3 the way counts! (if that makes sense).

Yeah, characters with guns are usually pretty cool. Especially Vincient and Irvine!

White Raven
01-24-2005, 11:37 PM
I've always liked the gunners in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance too.

StarlightAngel
01-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Doesn't Flonne from Disgaea kind of count? I think she was equipped with a bow but I still think she was more of a white mage. And she could equip a staff as well. So, she 1/3 the way counts! (if that makes sense).

A healer who is crap when you first get her, but later..... :love:

Anyone can use a gun in Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. Hell, anyone can use any freakin' weapon!

Cless
01-25-2005, 12:19 AM
I'm sorry, have not played Disgaea in a while so my memory is a little hazy. Maybe when I think of Flonne, I just associate her with being an archer because I made her one a lot of the time! Besides, she had a special that only she could learn called "Holy Arrows".

Del Murder
01-25-2005, 01:29 AM
I like gun characters in RPGs. I think it's the whole anachronism aspect of it.

White Raven
01-25-2005, 03:20 AM
Ah yes, forgot about Wild ARMS...good shooting times there too. :D

TheAbominatrix
01-25-2005, 03:23 AM
Never said archers were good, but yeah they rock in tactics games. I just like archers.

RedCydranth
01-25-2005, 11:44 AM
Anyhow, As you all know I'm a huge RPG dork so I thought it'd be cool if I could team up all the RPG gun users in a group photo. So, I called up all the characters that use guns and scheduled a photoshoot. Let me tell you, its really hard to get a hold of Clive. Its like he sneaks around or something... Anyhow, Irvine was too much of a primadona and refuse to show, so he's not there.

If you feel I've left someone out, or have a good Irvine picture, let me know. (Thats actually why he's not there, I couldn't find a full body picture of him.

The pic contains: Gilder (Skies of Arcadia), Barret (FF7), Mega Man (MML), Clive (Suikoden 2), Vincent (FF7), Jr. (Xenosaga I), Lyle (Shining Force 1), Starky (CC), Mustadio (FFT), Paine (FFX-2), Ursula (BoF4), Momo (BoF3), Norris (CC).

EDIT: I realized I made Jr. WAY too tall. So I fixed it up and switched a few people around. Here's the most recent pic.

Second Edit: I deleted the image and moved it to the bottom post. More details there!

Lindy
01-25-2005, 02:46 PM
Calamity Jane in Wild ARMs 3

Anyone who hides a Chaingun up their skirt...ehum...

Yeah.

Despotus
01-25-2005, 03:48 PM
i dislike guns but the characters you mentioned are cool. well, no i hate mustadio.
Naaah, He's the master of paralyzing shots; and he can petrify the undead. That makes him a badass in my book!

Wicked group photo Cydranth! :cool:

RedCydranth
01-25-2005, 03:55 PM
I've never played Wild Arms, is it decent?

Ummm, I'm looking up characters in Wild Arms.. A lot use guns. Looks okay, but unfortunately I'm not seeing any Calamity Jane.

Virginia Maxwell, Gallows Carridine, Jet Enduro and Clive Winslett are the good guys and they all use guns.

There's Maya Schrodinger who hides things in her dress, you must be thinking of her. Perhaps they call her Calamity Jane in the game, but the site I'm looking at says nothing.

Looking at the appearance of these characters I'd say Clive and Jet look really cool. Gallows looks too macho and loud and Virginia doesn't look good at all. Maya proves to be more interesting. She reminds me of BB Hood from Dark Stalkers.

Thanks Despotus

TheAbominatrix
01-25-2005, 03:59 PM
Wild ARMs is amazing.

The reason why you cant find anything on Calamity Jane is because you're looking at information for Wild ARMs III. Jane is in Wild ARMs I.

They're about to come out with a remake of I called Wild ARMs: Alter Code F. You should pick it up.

RedCydranth
01-25-2005, 04:32 PM
I played a demo for Wild Arms 3 back when it first came out and it didn't appeal to me, but I thought it may have potential, I didn't have the money to get it then. I know my Game Crazy stoe sells it, so I'll pick it up. As for the new one, I saw a buttload of pics on the net when i was looking for WA3 pics. What consoles were 1 and 2 for? I like playing an entire series.
----------
Here's the new Improved Gunmaster's Club Photo.

Left to Right: Jet (Wild Arms 3), Norris (CC), Ursula (BoF4), Gilder (Skies of Arcadia), Barret (FF7), Starky (CC), Mega Man (MML), Clive (Suikoden 2), Vincent (FF7), Jr. (Xenosaga I), Lyle (Shining Force 1), Mustadio (FFT), Paine (FFX-2), Momo (BoF3), Opera (Star Ocean 2)

Version 1 had Jr. way too large and the order was different (minus a few people too)
Version 2 had resized Jr. and reordered the line up and added Gilder
Version 3 added Jet and Opera

kikimm
01-25-2005, 08:56 PM
Yes. Iv'e had this theory for quite some time now. This is why I can already tell Balthier is going to be awesome.

Yep.

:D

TheAbominatrix
01-26-2005, 03:05 AM
Play Wild ARMs I! I was for PS1, II and III were for PS2. They're coming out with a fourth, and the remake of I. Play the remake of I.

GhandiOwnsYou
02-10-2005, 08:01 PM
Nice Group shot, but you've GOT to add in the guy from Xenogears (brain fart about his name, the religious kid)

GhandiOwnsYou
02-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Nice Group shot, but you've GOT to add in Billy from Xenogears. He's hardcore yo. So is jessie, but good luck finding a screen of him! lol