PDA

View Full Version : another quiz

Kathryn
01-24-2005, 10:00 PM
okay I need these questions answered

1. what is the password for the painting in Ultimecia's castle?
2.Can you get GF's from the bosses in Ultimecia's castle?
3.name all four parts of Ultimecia's battle?
4. name four types of gunblades (excuding Lionhart and revolver)
5. name four types of pinwheels (excluding pinwheel)

answer these

lord shishio
01-24-2005, 11:42 PM
These are all too specific for me to remember, but I'll do my best.

1. I'll get back to you
2.I don't think you can get any
3.First it is just her (easy)
Then it is griever, a GF created by squal's dream's(sort of)
Then Griever junctions himself to a stronger version of himself
And then you fight Ultimecia again, but she's harder this time
4. Twin saber, something else...........and.... I'll get back to you if no one else does first
5. Same response as 1 and 4

ljkkjlcm9
01-24-2005, 11:49 PM
I know you can get any GFs you missed from the bosses around the castle, just don't know which GF for which boss, but I know you can. As for the others, it's been years since I've played so sorry.

THE JACKEL

Kathryn
01-25-2005, 09:23 PM
answers

1. password was: Liutus vertous intergia
2.yes except doomtrain
3.Ultimecia, Greiver, Ultimecia greiver, true Ultimecia
4.double blade, trigger blade, twin saber, twin lance, flame tounge
5.rising sun, (she wasn't me fave character)

the one who is gonna get back at me start posting

Kamrusepas
01-26-2005, 08:37 AM
Except that the password was Vividarium et Intervigilium et Viator.

Kathryn
01-26-2005, 09:35 PM
not on my game i went and did the game again

lord shishio
01-27-2005, 11:36 PM
I said I would look up some stuff, and here's what I got................................................................................................. .....Sorry, I forgot to check it out (Really deep bow of sorryness) forgive me!!!!!!!!

Kamrusepas
01-28-2005, 07:45 AM
not on my game i went and did the game again

Huh? What game you running then? :confused:

Slade
01-28-2005, 10:18 AM
Vividarium et Intervigilium et Viator ----> definatly the password (Trauma is so cool). :D

With the GF thing its not only Doomtrain you cant get, Cactaur, Tonberry and Bahamut cannot be drawn in Ultimecias castle either, same with the first three GFs you get and a couple of others.

The Final Boss thing looks ok: Ulty, Griever, Ulty+Griever, Tru Ulty
The gunblades are: Revolver, Cutting Trigger, Flame Saber, Shear Trigger, Twin Lance, Punishment and Lion heart. (Not in that order)

Ok the pinwheel one is hard but ill take a shot......Shooting Star (thats the ugly feather one), Cardinal....(i think thats the cool red one) i think theres one called the Blaster Edge but im not entirely sure.....and theres 2 more i think....

Kathryn
02-01-2005, 05:04 AM
ok someone who will post the next questions will be..................

SLADE

Slade
02-02-2005, 02:08 AM
I would....but i cant think of anything! :cry: I'll post one when i think of some good quiz questions..............

GhandiOwnsYou
02-06-2005, 02:17 AM
BUT! My friends, you have each missed a very crucial thing. the errors lies even within the QUESTION!

There are five parts to the final battle with Ulty folks. You are forgetting the after Ulty, Greiver, and junctioned griever, there is a short cut where Junctioned Griever's legs and hindquarters fall of and two spindles come out as alternate targets. This is followed by the final battle with the double-ulty thing. thus, FIVE PARTS! lol

yeah, i'd consider it nitpicking too, except for the fact that it has it's own FMV cut, and the attack set changes.

Slade
02-06-2005, 09:15 AM
Nope its not nitpicking. thanx for telling us....i almost forgot about the legless griever :D

GhandiOwnsYou
02-07-2005, 01:32 AM
*bows*

The Dedication of an addict is undying.... What would be the FF VIII Equivalent of a trekkie? lol

Squall-ie?
SeeD-ie?
Leonharty? lol, that sounds like a soup commercial. New! Leon Harty!

Skyblade
02-15-2005, 05:00 AM
okay I need these questions answered

1. what is the password for the painting in Ultimecia's castle?
2.Can you get GF's from the bosses in Ultimecia's castle?
3.name all four parts of Ultimecia's battle?
4. name four types of gunblades (excuding Lionhart and revolver)
5. name four types of pinwheels (excluding pinwheel)

answer these

Ok, here goes:

1. Vividarium et Intervigilium et Viator (In the Garden Sleeps a Messenger).
2. You can get any of the GF's that you missed that are acquired by drawing them from bosses, and Cerberus.
Siren can be drawn from Elvoret or Tri-Point.
Leviathan can be drawn from NORG or Trauma.
Pandemona can be drawn from Fujin or Red Giant.
Carbuncle can be drawn from one of the Iguions or Krysta.
Cerberus is a boss in his own right but he can also be drawn from Gargantua.
Alexander can be drawn from Edea or Catoblepas.
And Eden can be drawn from Ultima Weapon or Tiamat.
3. Ultimecia (2 enemies), Griever, Ultimecia junctioning herself to Griever, Junctioned Ultimecia/Griever without legs (although the point where they fall off is NOT an FMV), and True Ultimecia.
4. Shear Trigger, Cutting Trigger, Flame Saber, Twin Lance, and Punishment (since there was only one more, I decided to include it).
5. Valkyrie, Rising Sun, Cardinal, and Shooting Star.

Any more questions?

Squall04
02-16-2005, 03:05 AM
Ok, here's one for y'all
What are the four locations of the UFO sightings?

Skyblade
02-16-2005, 04:55 AM
Boy, another easy one.

1. The Winhill Bluffs, the area right around Winhill (The UFO drags a cow across the screen)
2. Mandy Beach, just south of Timber (The UFO drags an Easter Island style statue across the screen)
3. The Kashkabald Desert, just west of Cactuar Island (The UFO drags a Pyramid across the screen)
4. A small island to the east of Trabia Gardenwhich is considered part of the Trabia Heath Peninsula, but which is actually seperate, and has no coast line. You need the Ragnarok to get there. (The UFO drags...some weird object across the screen. I can't tell what it is)

And the final sighting is the plateau just north of the Chocobo Sanctuary. You also need the Ragnarok for this one.

The sighting in Balamb is of the alien, not the UFO, so I won't bother with it.

Slade
02-16-2005, 06:02 AM
The last ufo drags across one of those crop symbols that were found in Uk (I think) a while ago and believed to be done by aliens. Done in corn crops and crap like that.....big symbols of weird origin.
Actually if you notice, every object that Pupus ship steals is somehow connected with aliens: The Easter island head is of unknown origin and some believe to be the work of aliens. The pyramids some people (me included) think there was alien help. The crop circle (obvious...what i said above) and the cow. The cow might seem odd but not really, how many old alien sci fi films have had ufos land on farms....heaps.
well theres my 2 cents worth....... :D

Skyblade
02-16-2005, 06:13 AM
The last ufo drags across one of those crop symbols that were found in Uk (I think) a while ago and believed to be done by aliens. Done in corn crops and crap like that.....big symbols of weird origin.
Actually if you notice, every object that Pupus ship steals is somehow connected with aliens: The Easter island head is of unknown origin and some believe to be the work of aliens. The pyramids some people (me included) think there was alien help. The crop circle (obvious...what i said above) and the cow. The cow might seem odd but not really, how many old alien sci fi films have had ufos land on farms....heaps.
well theres my 2 cents worth....... :D

I did notice that about the ones I could identify.

So the other one is a crop circle? Hmm...

Speaking of aliens and cows, has anyone played the Arcade shooter Majestic Twelve? The bonus levels in that game involve you saving cows from alien abduction. :D

Oh, and as to the Pyramids, I just prefer the explanation offered by Lister from Red Dwarf (if you don't know Red Dwarf, you have led a deprived life), when Rimmer asked "Or the Pyramids? How did they build such massive stone structures without the aid of modern technology?" "They had whips Rimmer. Massive, massive whips." :D

Squall04
02-16-2005, 06:32 AM
RED DWARF RULES!!! I wish I had a tv that I could watch it on ... or time to watch it for that matter.

Kathryn
02-16-2005, 08:51 AM
come on questions

1. what is Ultimecia's one weakness?
2. what do u need to get to make the lionheart?
3. how many people can fight?
4.name four break limits (for Rinoa)
5. name five types of ammo

these are some easy questions

Sepho
02-16-2005, 11:51 AM
1. what is Ultimecia's one weakness?
Poison

2. what do u need to get to make the lionheart?
12 Pulse Ammo
4 Dragon Fangs
1 Adamantine

You mean, as in at one time, in a party? Then, three. If you're asking how many normal playable characters there are, then the answer is 6. If you're asking for how many different characters you control over the course of the game, the answer is.... 11 (I think)

4.name four break limits (for Rinoa)
Angelo Cannon
Angelo Strike
Invincible Moom
Wishing Star

5. name five types of ammo
Normal Ammo
Shotgun Ammo
Fast Ammo
AP Ammo
Pulse Ammo

Skyblade
02-16-2005, 01:51 PM
You mean, as in at one time, in a party? Then, three. If you're asking how many normal playable characters there are, then the answer is 6. If you're asking for how many different characters you control over the course of the game, the answer is.... 11 (I think)

Correct: Squall, Rinoa, Quistis, Selphie, Zell, Irvine, Laguna, Kiros, Ward, Seifer, and Edea.

You're correct about the other answers as well, so... Next set of questions, anyone?

Squall04
02-16-2005, 02:57 PM
Correct: Squall, Rinoa, Quistis, Selphie, Zell, Irvine, Laguna, Kiros, Ward, Seifer, and Edea.

You're correct about the other answers as well, so... Next set of questions, anyone?

Come on guys, everyone knows it's twelve because you can unlock Cloud by completing the game in under 20 hours without junctioning GF's, GOSH!

[/sarcasm]

lord shishio
02-16-2005, 10:38 PM
Eh? :confused:

Sepho
02-16-2005, 10:50 PM
Just a joke, dude.

Yep, those are the characters I listed in my head when counting to eleven. I just wasn't sure if I had somehow missed someone.

And someone else can take my turn. I know, it's a typical response from me in these situations, but I haven't the will to come up with my own questions. Maybe some other time.

FallenSilence
02-17-2005, 10:30 AM
Try this one:

Name four spells that can be drawn from Bahamut when you fight him.

Sepho
02-17-2005, 10:34 AM
Flare, Curaga, Full-Life, and Dispel.

But that's assuming that he's at experience level 30+.

FallenSilence
02-17-2005, 10:45 AM
That's right, but you can draw them from him at any level. Your turn.

Sepho
02-17-2005, 11:04 AM
That's right, but you can draw them from him at any level. Your turn.

I must admit I hadn't known that. I just made the assumption that he gained new spells at level 30 like enemies commonly do.

Um, I suppose I can whip something up real fast.

1. When/Where is the earliest part of the game (the name of a location will suffice) that you can potentially have the items for and create the Lionheart Gunblade.

2. Name a boss from which you can Mug a Luck-J scroll.

3. There are consistently two Three Stars items in the game that you can obtain without having to to any refining. Briefly explain where and how to obtain both of them.

4. List the Elem-Def-J configuration required to absorb Tiamat's Dark Flare attack.

5. How many Rare cards can you possibly have by the time you leave for your first SeeD mission in Timber?

Skyblade
02-17-2005, 07:23 PM
I must admit I hadn't known that. I just made the assumption that he gained new spells at level 30 like enemies commonly do.

Um, I suppose I can whip something up real fast.

1. When/Where is the earliest part of the game (the name of a location will suffice) that you can potentially have the items for and create the Lionheart Gunblade.

2. Name a boss from which you can Mug a Luck-J scroll.

3. There are consistently two Three Stars items in the game that you can obtain without having to to any refining. Briefly explain where and how to obtain both of them.

4. List the Elem-Def-J configuration required to absorb Tiamat's Dark Flare attack.

5. How many Rare cards can you possibly have by the time you leave for your first SeeD mission in Timber?

1. The Tomb of the Unknown King. As soon as you get Minotaur's Card.

2. Odin.

3. Mug Ultima Weapon, and defeat Omega Weapon.

4. There are many. Ultima and Protect, Firaga Blizzaga and Thundaga, Ultima and Life, Ultima and Shell, Ultima and Full-Life... As long as you can absorb Fire, Thunder, and Ice elements you are ok.

5. 5, I think. Quistis, Zell, Diablos, Ifrit, and MiniMog.

Sepho
02-17-2005, 09:03 PM
1. The Tomb of the Unknown King. As soon as you get Minotaur's Card.

Unless you can get to Dollet before that (someone recently brought it up, but I don't remember being able to go back there before the trip to Deling City), then sounds about right.

2. Odin.

Yep.

3. Mug Ultima Weapon, and defeat Omega Weapon.

Well, the mugging Ultima Weapon may be a loop hole (depending on how you define "consistently" in this context). There's another way involving a side quest involving no fighting in which you can obtain a Three Stars. But I'll count it if you answer the last question correctly.

4. There are many. Ultima and Protect, Firaga Blizzaga and Thundaga, Ultima and Life, Ultima and Shell, Ultima and Full-Life... As long as you can absorb Fire, Thunder, and Ice elements you are ok.

The Fire, Thunder, and Ice part is what I was looking for. You got it.

5. 5, I think. Quistis, Zell, Diablos, Ifrit, and MiniMog.

You're missing one.

nik0tine
02-17-2005, 09:16 PM
There are five parts to the final battle with Ulty folks. You are forgetting the after Ulty, Greiver, and junctioned griever, there is a short cut where Junctioned Griever's legs and hindquarters fall of and two spindles come out as alternate targets. This is followed by the final battle with the double-ulty thing. thus, FIVE PARTS! lol

I know this came a bit late, but I don't think that counts. Why? Because you can bypass all of that if you are strong enough. It's quite easy to kill Griever/Ulti before they lose thier legs. It's also possible to kill Ultimecia off before the other... thing... from under her appears that she draws apocolypse from.

Skyblade
02-17-2005, 11:35 PM
Unless you can get to Dollet before that (someone recently brought it up, but I don't remember being able to go back there before the trip to Deling City), then sounds about right.

Well, the mugging Ultima Weapon may be a loop hole (depending on how you define "consistently" in this context). There's another way involving a side quest involving no fighting in which you can obtain a Three Stars. But I'll count it if you answer the last question correctly.

You're missing one.
You can get to Dollet before that, but you can't get to the beach with the Adamantoises until you have the mobile Garden, IIRC. If I'm wrong, then you can get it as soon as you leave Timber.

Oh, yes. I forgot about the Obel Lake side quest that sends you to the Mordred Plains. That's the other Three Stars, right?

(Oh, and by consistently, I thought you meant always there. You may not mug Ultima successfully every time you use the Mug command on him, but if you do successfully mug him, you will get a Three Stars, no matter what level he is.)

Seifer's card.

Sepho
02-18-2005, 04:59 PM
You clarified everything beautifully.

Your turn.

Skyblade
02-18-2005, 05:15 PM
Damn, I'm no good at coming up with questions. Well, I'll give it a shot. Um, let's see...

1. Name the default card rules used by Lunar Base.
2. How do you get the Ribbon item (to teach the Ribbon ability to a GF).
3. If you use Luv Luv Gs to max compatability with all GFs, will summoning GFs still change compatability? IE: I have full compatability with all, I summon Bahamut, will my compatability with the others drop?
4. Where are the two Rosetta Stones that you can get without refining?
5. What spell gives the second best junction to Vit (since Ultima is the best)?

Sepho
02-18-2005, 05:58 PM
4. Where are the two Rosetta Stones that you can get without refining?

I may answer the others later (coming up on the Lunar Base in my current playthrough), if someone else doesn't before me, but I just wanted to address this one.

On either my first or second playthough, I was playing cards with one of the several card players who charge you for games while you're in the D-District prison, and he rewarded me with a Rosetta Stone after one game. In each subsequent playthough, I've always played at least 20 games, before giving up, but I haven't won it since. I can't recall where else you can obtain a Rosetta Stone outside of Ultimecia's Castle, but this may be the way that you're referring to. If it is, well, then that's the answer. If not, I'll think of it later, and has anyone else experienced this?

rubah
02-18-2005, 10:30 PM
I thought you could get one from one of the esthar shops? By going in and out of it until it shows up? Or was that something else?

Sepho
02-18-2005, 10:49 PM
That does sound familiar, and you're probably right.

Skyblade
02-18-2005, 11:27 PM
Quite right, Rubah. Visit Cheryl's shop repeatedly, and (eventually) you will get a Rosetta Stone, and the other one I was referring to is in Ultimecia's Castle. So that question is done.

I've never heard of getting one from the card guys. I guess it's just really rare. I get all the ones I need by refining Curse Spikes into Dark Matter, into Shaman Stones, into Rosetta Stones, it takes a while, but you don't need that many of them. 6 at most (and even that assumes you didn't get Bahamut).

FallenSilence
02-20-2005, 09:27 AM
5. What spell gives the second best junction to Vit (since Ultima is the best)?

That's Full-Life. I'm working on the others.

EDIT: Lunar Base uses all card rules by default.
Does the Ribbon item even exist in FF8?

Tha*Guardian.NL
02-20-2005, 01:03 PM

isn't there a small part in the game when you play with elle or who is it ? :confused:

FallenSilence
02-20-2005, 06:42 PM
If you mean Ellone, you don't actually get to control her as a character.

rubah
02-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Ribbon is a pocketstation thing-_- so those of us without the attachment or the PC version don't get to enjoy the fun:P

Skyblade
02-20-2005, 10:10 PM
Quite right. That's all of them except number 3. Anyone know the answer to that one?

FallenSilence
02-21-2005, 01:35 PM
I think compatability is still affected.

Skyblade
02-21-2005, 07:43 PM
Ok then. That quiz was answered by several different people, so I'm not sure who's turn it is. But it's not mine anymore! Bwa ha ha!

Angel Of Apocolypse
03-13-2005, 02:53 AM
Um...I'm better at answering than asking so...yeah.

Angel Of Apocolypse
03-13-2005, 06:02 AM
eh...?