PDA

View Full Version : Am I imagining....?

Caesu
01-25-2005, 04:02 AM
So I just finished FF7 and I say to myself, what the heck, and start and finish FF8.....

Now I couldn't help but wonder about the part with Ultima weapon....

when I saw Ultima Weapon firstly, I was like, "Cool, same model and guy from FF7!" He was holding Clouds Ultimate Weapon. And the even more eerie thing was....to get to him you go through this 'excavation' site that looks like Aeris' ancient city (The Forgotten Capital)....

Am I totally off here or what? If Ultima Weapon exists the same on FF8's world....could it be the same world, just perhaps more into the future now? Now that's even more far fetched! I'll digress and mull over the former observation.

Caesu

Sepho
01-25-2005, 07:58 PM
Nah, Omega first appeared in FFV I believe (although I never finished FF3j, so I may be wrong), and a "Weapon" has since appeared in every FF game to date, besides FF9. Atma (which is often believed to be a translation of "Ultima", though he was, admittedly, hardly a "super boss") appeared in FF6, and Ultima was featured in 7, 8, and 10, while Omega also appeared in both 8 and 10.

Squaresoft and the Final Fantasy series is notorious for its games heavily referencing each other, as well as the references to other sources, from religous and mythological references to referencing movies (ie. Star Wars).

The Weapon thing is one of those trademarks - one of those things the games often have in common with each other.

To your credit, though, I have read many, many theories that try to prove that every FF game ever released, or at least the majority of them, can all be covered under one, large universe. Whether it's true or not, you sure do have a good imagination.

lord shishio
01-27-2005, 11:39 PM
He's right, each game is an exact clone of each other.
(Accept the storyline)
SILENCE DON'T TRY TO PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Destai
01-28-2005, 12:07 AM
Thats because its a series, duh.

Sword
02-23-2005, 11:22 AM
Yeah that seems like a cool discovery, but you're forgetting the fact that a lunar cry occurs every 100 years and there is no mention of that ever happening in FF7.

sayen
02-23-2005, 11:36 AM
the lunar cry was caused by the lunatic pandora do you realy think it could survive a few 1000 years besides the land could have changes a lot so it would be get hit by big rock earth changes diffent people evolve get hit by bug rock earth changes diffent people evolve and if its happen 10 times you think there would be more diversity in each race no i think each game is set in the same universe and time span.

rubah
02-23-2005, 10:40 PM
I'd think that anything that can control great big lunar monsters and survive a dunk in the sea as well as being buried and handle itself fairly well.

You'll notice that the team didn't try to destroy *it* as they would've in other FFs, but instead they went for the kiddos inside it.

Skyblade
02-23-2005, 11:13 PM
Well, there is one part of FFVIII that is never satisfactorily explained (in my opinion) that could lead some credence to this idea. You hear about the Lunar Cry that happened in Centra (Centra-Cetra... More cross referencing :D ) and wiped out everyone on the continent. That's all fine and dandy. But where did the huge crater in Trabia come from? If you try to fly the Garden into it, you get a message very similar to what happened if you flew the Highwind into the crater in FFVII while Sephiroth's barrier was up... And Trabia is the northern continent. If you allow the continents to change shape somewhat as time went by, it could be the same world. I personally don't believe it is the same world (you'll have to do a lot to explain the switch from Materia to Junctioning... And what happened to the Lifestream or Mako?), but I do want to know just where that crater in Trabia came from...

ljkkjlcm9
02-23-2005, 11:16 PM
uhm, I was quite sure the huge crater, was from these missles that hit Trabia... remember those?

THE JACKEL

Skyblade
02-23-2005, 11:17 PM
Um, the crater isn't that close to Trabia Garden. Balamb Garden was much closer to the impact area of the missiles and came out without a scratch...

rubah
02-24-2005, 01:57 AM
What it's really close to it is the place where laguna shot his movie:P

Obviously the ruby dragon wrecked havoc before it went on to be a star.
_______
But doesn't pilot!dude say something about weird readings when you go over it?

seiyuimore
02-24-2005, 03:25 AM
Or may be, that is the same crater found in FF 7. So after FF 7, the world went into Global warming and drawn other part of the world and dry the other part of the world creating a new island and stuff then FF8 begin with hyena and things. Like dino era to now.

Skyblade
02-24-2005, 03:30 AM
Yes, that was the idea I had in mind when I brought it up, sei, but that still doesn't explain what happened to the Lifestream and Materia...

seiyuimore
02-24-2005, 03:48 AM
How about they evolved into Sorcerer? The thing that create Hyena

Sword
02-25-2005, 05:34 PM
I remember someone in the game saying that creater was caused by a past Lunar Cry.

Oh and that thing about centra being a cross-referance to FF7, well the fact that something from space impacted there and wiped out it's inhabitants (lunar cry/meteor) is another cross reference because Jenova used meteor as transport to Earth and killed lots of cetra. Even though these are cross-references, thats all they are because if the crater in the Trabia continent is the same place as the northern crater then that's where the cetra would have lived, not Centra, there fore they are not the same world.

Zangan
02-26-2005, 11:41 PM
I think it is possible the crater could have been caused by a missile from Galbadia. I mean, earlier in the game the team goes to the missle base, messes around with the coordinates and then leaves.

Quite a number of missiles got fired per target (as we see in the FMV) - then compare the massive crater left where Balamb was and the crater in Trabia; perhaps the "fiddled" coordiantes led to some missiles hitting Trabia Garden and others straying to where the crater is.

Doesn't explain why the Ragnarok is repelled from it though . . .