PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever hear of...

strawberryman
01-25-2005, 05:55 AM
ever hear of the Dark Cloud series? (for the PS2)
If so, what do you think of it?
I'm not too happy about number one, But if you Haven't played Dark Cloud 2, then you are definitly missing something.
Right now I don't feel like typing extensivly, as I put this up just as sort of an Idea...

RedCydranth
01-25-2005, 06:02 AM
I liked the first one, but it was a huge zelda rip (or so it seemed) I haven't played the second but I heard its awesome.

I completely crushed the first one and it was fun to play. The whole rebuiling the town as you like was cool, but to get all the cutscenes you had to please everyone by listening to where they wanted their place so you actually have little creativity to how each town looked.

My sword was crazy good. I used to spend all day doing whatever it took to get the stones to improve it.

My other characters were barely used, except for the catgirl. Her slingshot was a god by the end of the first cavern.

strawberryman
01-25-2005, 06:08 AM
Well glad to hear someone besides me has played it...
How far did you get?

Mo-Nercy
01-27-2005, 12:19 AM
Dark Cloud was annoying for the first couple of moments that I played it. It got better but I wasn't really into it. Dark Chronicle on the other hand was a lot more addictive. =D

escobert
01-27-2005, 12:29 AM
I played the first. Haven't played it for ages. Never played the 2nd but maybe I will someday.

Dking'squeen
01-27-2005, 12:31 AM
I stopped that game on this moon board and I couldn't play as that little moon thing and i just stopped and i can't even find that game anymore!

strawberryman
01-27-2005, 12:39 AM
I stopped playing 1 when I found out the Demon Shaft is 100 floors. I'm only on the 41st. I still have 59 floors of living hell to go through.

Craig
01-27-2005, 01:41 AM
I played up until the moon place, then I totally lost interest. I haven't played 2 yet but I might buy it.

kikimm
01-27-2005, 02:08 AM
I've looked at them both, and heard a lot about them, although theyv'e never really sparked the kind of interest that makes me wnt to go out and buy them. They don't look like...my kind of games. Not interested. But if i see a copy lying around for free, then perhaps I'll pick it up.

:D

Carnage
01-27-2005, 03:09 AM
they were both awesome games. i hope they plan on makeing a third one. Although i havent heard anything about it.

nik0tine
01-27-2005, 03:50 AM
Sorry that im spamming, but I want the ten thousandth post for this forum. Good day.

Camanche
02-01-2005, 05:15 PM
The first was alright, but I found it didn't really spark my interest. I enjoyed the second one much more, but it could be really annoying at times too. Depends on the kind of games you are into I guess. I think I had a problem with it being rather 'kiddy' and the fact that the dungeons could be boring at times.

Tasura
02-12-2005, 02:10 AM
i own the first one beat the final boss and stopped playing, the second one is better, ill probably eventualy buy it.