PDA

View Full Version : Pete?

Amnesia Case
01-25-2005, 02:21 PM
Does anyone know what role Pete will play in KH2?

I know he is most likely a villan but I just dont see him fitting in to the story line.

And in the only pic I could find of him he apears to be in Agrabah holding Jafar's lamp.

MateriaBladeVII
01-26-2005, 03:37 AM
Whoa! This is news to me! Since when was Pete anounced to be in KHII??? This rocks! I've never exactly thought of Pete as evil, though... Sure he's caused havoc in Disney cartoons, like kidnapping Minnie in Steamboat Willie, and bullied Goofy around quite a few times- but I've always looked at him as a fickle friend and neighbor to Goofy and Max- not evil or a villian...

But anyways- this is cool, so I guess the story goes that instead of Abis Mal finding Jafar's lamp it's gonna be Pete, and he becomes Jafar's lackie. Sounds cool.

OMG- just one more reason I can't wait till this game comes out! It just keeps becoming more intriguing! From Christmas Town and Jack in a Santa suit, to The Forbidden Castle and Lumiere and Cogsworth, to Mount Olympus with Pegasus and Meg, to the rumored and still not yet confirmed Mulan world- this is gonna be even better than the first one! I wonder what other surprises this game still has in store! I'm quivering with anticipation! Maybe Stitch will be in it! Woohoo!

Trumpet Thief
01-26-2005, 03:49 AM
Rubedo: Yay, MateriaBladeVII! You've returned :D

chaos: He'll probably play one of those "Disney-Boss roles", as always. The ones that are previewed in the trailer, and are defeated with the help of a Final Fantasy character.

MateriaBladeVII
01-26-2005, 04:11 AM
Rubey! Dude- I haven't chatted with you in like forever! lol. Thanks. Glad to be back. I didn't really go anywhere, though. I've just been really busy for gaming and the like.

Anyways- what do you mean by "with the help of a Final Fantasy character"? I suppose Auron will be a boss fight- but what do you mean by "with the help"? Have there been confirmed party members from the FF side of the cast? *grins with fervent anticipation*

Amnesia Case
01-26-2005, 04:55 AM
I got some info from http://www.kh2.co.uk/

Role: In Kingdom Hearts 2, Pete travels across various worlds getting involved with each world's Villains, we have alreadly seen him helping out Hades and trying to bring Jafar back in Agrabah. You could go as far to say he is this games Malficient, but most of her role seems to be covered by the Organisation this time. Lets just say Pete is what you get when you make Malficient retarded and less important.

Other Details: Pete is best known for being Mickey's arch-enemy in old Disney cartoons.

Trumpet Thief
01-26-2005, 05:06 AM
Rubedo: Since the game is going to be flooded by mostly FF characters, nearly every boss is going to have a sort of rivalry with a certain character. Or, said character could be affiliated with the boss, but turn against him.

KuRt
01-26-2005, 12:55 PM
I suppose Auron will be a boss fight

Iīd think that he helps in the fight with Cerberus, īcause in da trailer when Cerb is attacking Sora, Auron guards Cerberusus attack

Well he might also be a boss fight, i suppose

Destai
01-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Petes more of a henchman than a villain...
Auron joins your party in place of Goofy or Donald in the Underworld level.

Pheesh
01-27-2005, 03:12 AM
to the rumored and still not yet confirmed Mulan world it's confirmed and there are numerous screenshots ofsora and co. in mulan. look in the mulan and other worlds in kh2 thread.

MateriaBladeVII
01-27-2005, 03:45 AM
Show me one screencap of the Mulan world.

If you're meaning those crappy rez scenes with the army of heartless on a hillside- that could be in any snowy area. Doesn't have to be Mulan.

Amnesia Case
01-27-2005, 04:01 AM
Show me one screencap of the Mulan world.

MateriaBladeVII
01-27-2005, 04:07 AM
Wow- I stand corrected. Dude- when was all this new info released???

Last I heard, all that was being let on were those screens of Auron, Herc & Meg, and Mrs Potts and crew...

Has an official release date for the game been set yet? Cuz I just keep hearing all kinds of stuff...

Amnesia Case
01-27-2005, 04:13 AM
Has an official release date for the game been set yet? Cuz I just keep hearing all kinds of stuff...

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/kingdomhearts2/index.html says the release date is 09/14/2005, but I'm not positive.

kaizer21
01-27-2005, 01:15 PM
i also heard frommany different sources that it ws coming out 09/09/05, 08/09/05, sumwhere in december, all kinds of dates, so im not quite convinced that it'll be coming out in 09/14/05

Pheesh
01-27-2005, 01:51 PM
there were also rumours that it would be out May/June but i'm not getting my hopes up :(

MateriaBladeVII
01-27-2005, 09:57 PM
Man... if only it would be released that soon...

I doubt it, though. It's probably gonna come out around Fall 2005 just from Square Enix's release date history. Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories both came out around that time- as well as FFX and FFX-2... Need I go on? lol.

Although... with all these new screenshots, maybe they're further along than we thought... We can only hope. lol.

One thing's for sure, though- with the release of KH:CoM, the game's true sequel can't be far behind because they want to keep us interested. It's all in preparation for KHII's big explosive release- which has gotta be the most anticipated game release yet.

God, I'm starting to tremble at the thought already... *grins giddily*

Pheesh
01-28-2005, 12:37 AM
i think my rumoured date of june/may might be the japanese release date because there usually is a month or two gap between one another.

One winged angel of death
01-28-2005, 02:34 PM
I can't wait till it comes out I wanna kick Pete's @$$!!!

m4tt
01-28-2005, 10:17 PM
That is so awesome. I want this game.

Destai
01-29-2005, 11:28 AM
You can expect a solid six mont wait after the release of COM. No less but maybe longer. As desperate as I am to play it I wouldnt mind a christmas release. (It would just make the game seem much better ^^)

Chibi Youkai
01-30-2005, 04:56 AM
I think it's scheduled for a september release. That's what I've heard.

KuRt
01-31-2005, 09:09 PM
Iīve heard that itīs summer in japan, fal in america and sping 2006 (oh man..) in europe until it comes.

agrudis
02-06-2005, 08:27 PM
DANG! MY PARENTS ORDERED OFF THE NET FOR ME TO COME XMAS 2004, BUT IF ITS GONNA B THAT LATE!

Lord Xehanort
02-06-2005, 08:49 PM
God, I'm starting to tremble at the thought already... *grins giddily*

Ansem: Are you trembling from the thought of KHII, or the thought of me? *seductive pose*

Kounetsu: Heh, I seem to be having an effect on you.

Ansem: I wish that Pete weren't there. He was always just a nuisance. I'm goign to guess that you have to beat him up SEVERAL times... Grr...

cloud20747
02-27-2005, 04:18 AM
Pete will have stupid attacks