chr0nix
01-25-2005, 10:04 PM
Yes it will, It will say MASTER.

dufflebag
01-25-2005, 10:11 PM
thanks a lot :D

abrojtm
01-25-2005, 10:31 PM
They also appear with small stars above the master jobs in the job menu.

HunterFlamebrow
02-06-2005, 09:41 PM
Another question . . . is there any point to mastering a job, other than getting the stars? Otherwise it seems pointless for some jobs that have less useful last abilities. For example, what's the point of mastering a Blue Mage, when View is almost the same as [can't remmember the name of the other ability, it's like "Scan"]?

Mirage
02-06-2005, 10:17 PM
Yes it is. Your "no job" job will become better.
If you master "knight" and "black mage", your "no job" will get the physical strength of a knight, and the magical power of a black mage. Same goes for everything else.
If i recon right, you also automatically get the non-menu command abilities of every mastered class. This means your "no job" can use dual wield and 2-handed if you master "ninja" and "knight", without equipping those two abilities.

ShivaBlizzard8
02-06-2005, 11:18 PM
That's correct - all non-command abilities automatically transfer from mastered jobs to your Bare character, like 2-Handed. So, if you're like me and have all the characters master all the jobs, by the end of the game, you just use them as a Bare character, who is very powerful - strength of a knight, speed of a theif, MP of a black mage, HP of a Monk, etc, etc.

Definately worth it. :)

Halenite
02-07-2005, 02:19 PM
Another question . . . is there any point to mastering a job, other than getting the stars? Otherwise it seems pointless for some jobs that have less useful last abilities. For example, what's the point of mastering a Blue Mage, when View is almost the same as [can't remmember the name of the other ability, it's like "Scan"]?

I swear this has been answered several times before.
But, yeah, the "Bare" class gains all the non-battle actions from the class you have mastered.

There are few exceptions.
i.e. Berserk is not activated.

Mirage
02-07-2005, 02:47 PM
Neither are all the HP/MP bonuses >:(.