PDA

View Full Version : ps2 problem????.???!!!?

la monk
01-25-2005, 09:41 PM
my ps2 is chunked. it like stopped reading ps 1 games and dvds cds and blue ps2 games.!. Also it takes a long time to read the games it can read. canst thou aid thee in thy perilous endeavor.

RSL
01-26-2005, 12:45 AM
Buy a new one. That's the only thing that worked for me. Are you getting something called a Disc Read Error? If so, you're screwed.

Lionx
01-26-2005, 05:34 AM
...what causes this? I hate to see my own PS2 like that =/

pruneboy
01-26-2005, 06:49 AM
I'd like to, but i cant afford to damage this brain trying to 'think'.
its a rental.

strawberryman
01-26-2005, 06:56 AM
just buy a new one. it'll probably cost more than it's worth to repair.
If you do, get one of the new slim ones!

Jack
01-26-2005, 10:16 AM
My new slim one has started playing up as well. But in a different way. The screen is fragmented and green dots appear randopmly. Doesn't matter what wire, what TV it's plugged into, it's still the same. I'm going to call Sony, one it's registered. I've only had it... 1 month before this problem started.

Super Christ
01-26-2005, 11:53 AM
Jeebus, the new PS2s are breaking as well? Already?

To be honest, I've heard of this problem a lot. I count myself extremely lucky that I haven't experienced it. From what I've heard, your best solution is to replace your PS2; I'm given to understand that if you call Sony about it, they'll basically say "Gee, it must suck to be you."

I really don't get why the PS2 is so crappily built. It's got some good games, and I'd like to know that in 15 years I can still load it up and play games, like I can with my NES and Master System. Granted, the PS2 is probably a bit more fragile than both those systems, but even counting current systems, the only two systems I've ever heard of randomly breaking down are the Dreamcast and PS2.

Lionx
01-26-2005, 12:14 PM
the only two systems I've ever heard of randomly breaking down are the Dreamcast and PS2.

And in another thread, Xbox and your computer.

Super Christ
01-26-2005, 01:31 PM
Well, computers aren't dedicated gaming consoles so I didn't really count that, I do hate it when they randomly break on me though.

Haven't heard of the X-Box doing it though - what happened with it?

Lionx
01-26-2005, 01:41 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=54865

Dreddz
01-26-2005, 04:49 PM
ive had this probablem before. I called Sony and they gave me a new one for only £60 . they gave me some tips for it not breaking and it is workin so far ive had my second PS2 for 2 years while the other one only lasted for 1 year. First of all put your PS2 upwards. Use a cleaning disc once every 2 weeks. Instead of turning it off from the main power switch at the back restart it first then click the switch off. Im not sure if these methods are true or not but its doing something to my PS2. If your PS2 already broke then get a new one mate.These methods try to prevent your PS2 going bad.Oh yea if a game is really bad then use diagnosis

la monk
01-26-2005, 08:35 PM
thanks. i guess ill just get another one. can i have some money from someone.

SomethingBig
01-26-2005, 11:39 PM
Call Sony cuz they'll repair it for free.

http://www.us.playstation.com/contactus.aspx

Matth
01-28-2005, 09:06 PM
ps 1 games and dvds cds and blue ps2 games.!.
Blue ps2 games are on CDs, like ps1 games. So if you can't play ps1 games, you'd better not buy blue ps2 games ! :( :(

Stayin Dizzy
02-01-2005, 07:29 PM
myself and at least 10 friends got blue disk disease as well, in most cases either you can only play blue disks or can't play any blue disks. sometimes if you tilt your ps2 so it stands on end it will read the disk, but for all the trouble its worth i advise you just go get an xbox

TasteyPies
02-01-2005, 10:09 PM
MY ps2 survived a flood and has been working for 2 years *dance*

MecaKane
02-01-2005, 11:22 PM
Funny thing.
I was watching the a bonus feature from pulp fiction on my PS2, and it starts making weird noises. Then when the bonus feature's over and it tries to load up the menu it makes really loud weird noises. So I freak out and turn it off. Then I turn it on with and put a PS2 disk in and that started loading up, so I was all *phew* but once the company logos were gone, it made the really loud noise and wouldn't load the opening movie! So I freaked out some more and paniced. But then! I put Final Fantasy Tactics in, and that worked so I was kinda releaved, but I still didn't know about PS2/DVDs. So I put the same PS2 disk in, and it worked fine again!
FFT saved my PS2!
But wtf is up with that, yo?

Tasura
02-12-2005, 02:06 AM
ive had my ps2 for either 2 or 3 years and it works fine and it plays all discs, blue, not blue, cd, ps1, ps2, and dvds.

Dreddz
02-12-2005, 11:59 AM
sony should really get there act together and fix this problam for the future cause im gonna have some serious withdraw if i find out that later sony consoles are going to have to same problam

Zell's Fists of Fury
02-12-2005, 12:58 PM
My PS2 was sitting on the shelf with the wire hanging down. My dog ran by and the wire caught her leg and the PS2 came crashing down. THe CD tray got broke and wouldn't open. After a few adjustments, it started to work fine. So you guys must jest suck, because my PS2 survived a three foot drop.

Shoden
02-12-2005, 01:16 PM
ive had my PS2 for 3 years now.

the new slim PS2s are CRAP! dont have the capability of online boost hard drives or action replay Max's foreign DVD system the new Hard drives actually Boost your PS2 so it works better your problem is the lazer reader get it fixed but its hard though since everyones buying the new so called Better PS2s. when handling the console be careful never leave discs in when taking out.

the xbox is a promising console but its not what they say for 1 the most games use is only half of what its capable of and the other 2 processors do nothing plus there not many decent games that are only avalible for Xbox if they bought nintendo games and made them Xbox games then id buy one.
ok what you need to do is buy a NORMAL BETTER PS2 not the crappy slim ones they only play some PS1s and DVDs huge games like Final Fantasy XII can seriously screw it so get your PS2 fixed

Destai
02-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Mines going into its 4th year and has been working fine. For the first two in a half years I had it standing up right although now its flat on a shelf and I rarely just flcik the power switch. I usually hold down the reset, set on standby and turn it off and so far it hasnt given me any grief.

Shoden
02-12-2005, 01:21 PM
i always turned it off straigth away problems only started around November 04