PDA

View Full Version : things that we can't have in the shops

ilia
01-26-2005, 01:18 AM
I just hope that some people know how but I just want to know, how to get some stuffs that we can'T have in shops like Defender (I have already this one but this is an example), also Mace of Zeus, Stone Gun, etc... You know what I want to say... but if someone know how to get some of this things, please tell me how!!! Thanks!!!

UltimaLimit
01-26-2005, 01:51 AM
Finally! A new FFT thread!

...sorry.

Anyway, I don't have an exact list or anything, but some stuff you can get by poaching monsters or by stealing from enemies (like the Ultimus Bow). Also, Move-Find Item (on a person with low Brave level) can get you some cool stuff if you know where to look.

If you want more than one of rare items (like Defender), you can use the weapon duplicating trick. (Someone else please elaborate, I can't remember off the top of my head.)

BG-57
01-26-2005, 03:34 AM
A complete list of rare items would be daunting to post but I'll start with the ones you requested:

Stone Gun: Poach a Dark Behometh (you need to breed one).

Mace of Zeus: Move-Find on the Delta level of Deep Dungeon.

Defender: Poach a Taiju (you can encounter them in Deep Dungeon, but it's easier to breed one).

It doesn't work for everyone, but it's worth a try, especially with Excalibur. Go to a store that sells swords, equip a Knight with Two Swords, and put the sword and a shield in the character's hands, but the wrong ones (i.e. sword in the left and shield in the right). Go to the shop and choose 'best fit'. It should offer to equip your character with that weapon, but brand new and in the opposite hand. Once you've bought it, you can de-equip it and repeat as necessary.

An alternative: I've heard (but never tried) that you can duplicate a weapon by having a ninja throw it to a character who can catch while a Mime repeats the action to a final character, also with catch.

The ninjas in Deep Dungeon will sometimes throw some nice swords at you, but it's sporadic.

P.S. I created an Excel spreadsheet of every item, armor, weapon in the game and how to get them. Should I post that?

Despotus
01-26-2005, 04:59 AM
Ilia, I found a guide for you on Gamefaqs:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_tactics_relics.txt
It's by a guy named "Elmor the Elf", and is a pretty complete guide. You'll find info on all of the special items that aren't in stores, including how to get them: either by stealing, move-find-item, Secret hunt, etc. Good Luck, there are a LOT of special items!! :D

And, BG-57, I am going to try that Ninja/Mime throwing trick, it sounds plausible. Although, I'm wondering if the mime would just throw the original sword a second time and thus not make a duplicate.

P.S. Big Congratulations on completing the Lands/Treasures list!!!!! :cool:

ilia
01-26-2005, 11:13 PM
despotus, I try to go on your site that you suggest but the address is invalid......

BG-57
01-27-2005, 12:41 AM
ilia, gamefaqs.com doesn't like external links. Just type in www.gamefaqs.com and navigate to Final Fantasy Tactics. It'll be listed under in-depth faqs.

Despotus, your help was invaluable. :)

BTW, if a Ninja threw an item that you have only one of, how could the Mime imitate it if the catcher didn't have Catch equipped and that item was used up? It would be interesting to see what would happen.

UltimaLimit
01-27-2005, 01:39 AM
Maybe the amount of swords would stay the same. For example: BG-57 and I are FFT warriors. I become jealous of his avatar and throw our one Excalibur at him. He catches the Excalibur and puts it in his pocket (don't ask me how). Despotus (also a FFT warrior on our team) decides to join in the fun, grabs the one Excalibur, and also throws it at BG-57, who again catches it and puts it away.

After we kill the enemies, the avatar issue is resolved, and the team of UltimaLimit, BG-57, and Despotus still only has one Excalibur. :( Think that's what might happen, since the team shares the same "backpack"?

Despotus
01-27-2005, 03:54 AM
despotus, I try to go on your site that you suggest but the address is invalid......
Ooops!, sorry about that. Try BG-57's suggestion, go to gamefaq's, type in Final Fantasy Tactics as the game you want to search for, and go to their Strategy Guides and FAQ's page. The particular guide to look for is called 'Relics Guide' and it's by 'Elmor the Elf'. Good luck! ;)
EDIT:
Or just type this into the http display :
h*Tee*tp://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_tactics_relics.txt
(Be sure to use letter 't' instead of the word,*Tee*, couldn't figure out how to keep this from becoming a link :p ) But I know if you type or paste that directly into the http bar it will take you to that guide. :D

BG-57
01-27-2005, 08:27 PM
Maybe the amount of swords would stay the same. For example: BG-57 and I are FFT warriors. I become jealous of his avatar and throw our one Excalibur at him. He catches the Excalibur and puts it in his pocket (don't ask me how). Despotus (also a FFT warrior on our team) decides to join in the fun, grabs the one Excalibur, and also throws it at BG-57, who again catches it and puts it away.

After we kill the enemies, the avatar issue is resolved, and the team of UltimaLimit, BG-57, and Despotus still only has one Excalibur. :( Think that's what might happen, since the team shares the same "backpack"?

That's true, but Mimes repeat the same action. Suppose I didn't have Catch equipped. You'd whack me with that one sword and it would be lost from the inventory. But if Despotus was a Mime imitating your action, he'd supposedly throw that kind of sword at me.

Now the question is: would he still be able to?

Despotus
01-28-2005, 04:40 AM
An alternative: I've heard (but never tried) that you can duplicate a weapon by having a ninja throw it to a character who can catch while a Mime repeats the action to a final character, also with catch.
AAAAAAARRRGGG!!! :frust: I have tried this trick now, (maybe some of you have,too) and here's what happens:
If the Ninja's throw is caught, the original weapon remains in the inventory; if his throw is not caught, it does damage and is permenantly lost from the inventory. I lost both of my Save the Queens and my Iga and Koga knives because the ninja Ramza hit the target with his throw.
Now, as far as the Mime's throw is concerned, they must be damn good at throwing stuff because 35 of my 35 Mime throws hit the target!! They all did damage, none were caught. But fortunately the Mime's thrown weapon apparently doesn't come from the party item list because none of the 35 hits effected the team's inventory.
Two lessons learned from this experiment:
1. Don't try this method in the hopes of duplicating rare weapons! :nonono:
2. You won't spend double on Surikens and Balls with a Mime in your party, since they throw "imaginary" weapons that don't come from the party's inventory. :D

BG-57
01-30-2005, 08:26 PM
That's interesting. Maybe catching enemy ninja weapons would still work. It'd require a lot of patience though.

ilia
01-31-2005, 12:54 AM
the best trick to duplicate your rare weapons is always the trick of the shop (put two swords to a character, a shield in his right hand and the weapon in the left hand bla bla bla....) And a was trying a new trick recently (it's a very cool trick and I hope that full of people know this trick) What is this trick? It's having 9999Jp!

Despotus
01-31-2005, 03:21 AM
Yeah, I know about both of those "tricks". They are glitches in the game, and thus I personally consider it cheating to use them. Catching thrown Ninja items, however, is completely legitimate in my opinion. :) Did you find that webpage, Ilia? :confused:

ilia
02-01-2005, 12:21 AM
I find the webpage... But the trick of the 9999jp I think it's excellent when you want a character with maths skills. Personaly I like maths skills because you can make magic without use of MP. And like boost a calculator it's very long and gain JP for the magic jobs also, it's more fast when you use the 9999jp trick. And to return on the subject of the ninja catch, I think me too that is not the best trick to duplicate our weapons, it's not sure to 100% that you're going to have a rare weapon many times and like you said, you can lose your weapons :(

(sorry for my english, I know that somethimes it's bad but english's not my first language :rolleyes2 )

Alder
03-15-2005, 03:04 AM
Catching thrown weapons works really well. Go to HORROR in Deep Dungeon when you're above level 90, and have everybody with Catch and high brave. Just get the battle with all the ninjas and samurai. I did that for a few hours earlier today and I got about 12 Chaos Blades, 10 Chirijiraden, like 8 Javelins, and a lot of Dragon Whiskers and Whale Whiskers too. And a few Defenders.

I haven't been able to get any Excaliburs or Masamunes yet. It's just a matter of luck; it depends on the ninja's level and what throw abilities they know. Sometimes you get level 99 ninjas that only throw Yagyu Darkness. :(

And what's REALLY annoying is level 99 ninjas with Basic Skill that don't do anything but Throw Stone. :mad2:

Alder
03-15-2005, 10:08 AM
I'm playing HORROR at the moment and I've got a level 97 ninja throwing Ragnaroks at me. Heck yes! :D

I know Chaos Blades are better, but Ragnaroks seem to be more rare.