PDA

View Full Version : FF1 DOS Champions

NOFX1117
01-26-2005, 02:07 AM
This Thread is for FF1 champions who like to brag or talk about the game. I beat the game twice with a fighter a black belt a white mage and a black mage, its the perfect team, all the walkthroughs says to use a fighter a theif a white mage and a black mage but i dont feel like beating it again just to check it out. I played it on a GBA emulator and the first time i played it i wasnt sure if i could trust the emulator to save my game so i sat there and played and played and 18 hours and 23 minutes later the game was over! :eek:

Flamethrower
01-26-2005, 02:22 AM
I beat the game once with a Knight, a Ninja, a White Wizard, and a Black Wizard.

Go me?

NOFX1117
01-26-2005, 02:25 AM
If i beat the game again im going to try to beat it with that team, everyone tells me its the best...

also im thinking about beating FF2 i need a nice easy-to-follow walkthrough with pictures like the walkthrough for FF1 on this site...

:meatwad:

FourShiningOrbs
01-26-2005, 02:31 AM
Believe it or not, the best team is actually four fighters. Just make sure you have a lot of heal potions, and make good use of any weapons/armor that can be used for magical effects, like the mage staff and heal helmet. It actually makes the game ridiculously easy.

NOFX1117
01-26-2005, 02:33 AM
I guess your right, but they are soo expensive, and the black belts do more damage at the end of the game... also you need black magic in the game or your screwed when a gang of 9 monsters come around... :frylock:

hey im thinking of beating the game with 4 red mages, but use them differently, use one as a black mage use one as a white mage use one as a fighter and idk what ill do with the last one, maybe another fighter, i know i cant get the best magic at the end of the game like this but it will make the middle so much easier it might be worth it, tell me what you think please

EDIT: Don't double post please. -Murder

Dragoon Kain
01-26-2005, 11:50 PM
i beat it once with knight ninja master red wizard. my monk/master was ALWAYS stronger than the fighter/knight. kinda strange.

XxSephirothxX
01-27-2005, 12:06 AM
This Thread is for FF1 champions who like to brag or talk about the game.

also im thinking about beating FF2 i need a nice easy-to-follow walkthrough with pictures like the walkthrough for FF1 on this site...

*Dies of laughter*

ljkkjlcm9
01-27-2005, 12:16 AM
all I can say is WOW, the original NES version was harder, much harder. And i've beaten that with all sorts of parties, name it, I've done it, and that includes no class up games, or one character alive games or whatever. SO before calling yourself this amazing master, get your facts straight, k?

THE JACKEL

Dragonfire
01-28-2005, 07:47 PM
your party doesn't really matter you can win with anything from 4 fighters/knights or 1 white mage. It's been done with 1 white mage or 1 theif on the NES. I've done the white mage one myself. It's extremely easy to pull off on the newer FF1 games (WSC/PSX-origins/GBA)

darkness angel
01-28-2005, 09:54 PM
no joke? wow, and i was actually thinking of getting it since it was gonna be one my fav FF games w/ all it's difficult glory still left intact... I guess gamers are getting soft. I remember when you could buy a game and play for ever and not get anywhere not because you didn't want to but because it was simply that difficult. Mario was a pushover!! Will somebody please make another game that is actually hard to beat? Like the original final fantasy... or the first metroid... would be nice ^_^ I beat FF1 w/ a Fighter Ninja Blackbelt and a White Mage and then went through again w/ 2 fighters a black and a white mage *can't go w/o the white mage, lol* I also beat it once w/ a team of blackbelts simply because someone challenged me to do it. I cried. It was so sad to lug around a corpse after ever three battles.

Ultima Shadow
01-28-2005, 10:58 PM
*Dies of laughter*
*does the same*

no joke? wow, and i was actually thinking of getting it since it was gonna be one my fav FF games w/ all it's difficult glory still left intact... I guess gamers are getting soft. I remember when you could buy a game and play for ever and not get anywhere not because you didn't want to but because it was simply that difficult. Mario was a pushover!! Will somebody please make another game that is actually hard to beat? Like the original final fantasy... or the first metroid... would be nice ^_^ I beat FF1 w/ a Fighter Ninja Blackbelt and a White Mage and then went through again w/ 2 fighters a black and a white mage *can't go w/o the white mage, lol* I also beat it once w/ a team of blackbelts simply because someone challenged me to do it. I cried. It was so sad to lug around a corpse after ever three battles.
*agrees*
I miss all the old, good challanging games... where did they go? :(

JuandiegoMoogleLord
02-18-2005, 02:37 AM
I feel at home listening to all you kupo people complaining about how soft game difficulty has become... I suppose we are all old gamers (say 18 up) who lived through the glory of Nes and before. I blame it on young gamers who are lazy bastards that lack passion for challenges and for the game developers that aim to sell more by making games more accesible to all kinds of players, including lame ones (i mean, mayority of gamers)! Old school gamers, join and arise!!! KUPPO!! :cry:

DJZen
02-18-2005, 02:46 AM
You can't just live in the past. If games have changed, games have changed. I love FFI for the NES (cartride, NOT ROM!), I also like FFX a lot. Things change, you can't control that.

As far as my mastery of FFI, I don't find it all that impressive. Chaos is hardly the most challenging boss. Dragon Lord is much harder.

Xalioniaf
02-25-2005, 01:08 AM
The team I used was a Warrior/Knight-RMage/RWizard-BMage/BWizard-WMage/WWizard. This, in my opinion, is the best party. Have the Warrior and RM in the front two tiers dealing hell with swords, WM in the 3rd tier healing and the occasional Holy, and BM in the back dealing death from above. Although now that I beat it, I'm doing the New Game+-like thing with a Thief instead of a RM. I'd like to see how that works out.

Creeping Shadow
03-05-2005, 07:33 PM
i beat the game with a 4 black mage team on the old nes so i did not have all the easy level gains and items and belive me its hard!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rase
03-05-2005, 09:55 PM
Well, since this thread is about FFI: DOS, not FFI NES, I'll focus on that.

So far I've beaten the game with the following parties:
Knight/Ninja/White Mage/Black Mage.
Knight/Master/Red Mage/Black Mage.
Ninja/White Mage/Black Mage/Black Mage.
Currently playing:
Warrior/Red Mage/White Mage/Black Mage.
Red Mage/Red Mage/Black Mage/White Mage.

I must say, I still don't like teh Monk/Master of Red Mage/Wizard. The Master's defense is really quite sad, and he was the only person who died in my game (He died about 10 times). Also, since INT now affects the damage of spells, my Black Mage and White Mage are consistently doing more damage/recovering more health than the Red Mage. His attack is also lower then the Warriors, so I don't see the point of taking one except to try every party. There, that should be it.

Fireblade13
03-24-2005, 05:47 PM
Hmm Yeah red mages exel at nothing but are good short term. I question can the thief steal or is he just fast?
Fighters I need fighters but gil is all gone

DJZen
03-24-2005, 08:43 PM
Thief is just good at running away. This was 2 games before they even thought up steal.

Fireblade13
03-24-2005, 09:04 PM
what moron thought up that one?
Oh well the monsters probably only had a lousy potion anyways

Joshkabob
04-07-2005, 08:42 PM
i beat it once with knight ninja master red wizard. my monk/master was ALWAYS stronger than the fighter/knight. kinda strange.

Same here, I mean, with the Monk being stronger than the Knight.

HackedBlackMage
04-08-2005, 12:49 AM
I beat the NES game without getting the class advancement.
Fighter/B-Mage/W-Mage/R-Mage
4 Black Mages is the one Iam working one right now(no class advance.)

Dragonfire
04-10-2005, 03:24 AM
i love how they changed black belt from the most useless character to the best attacker. love smacking chaos in the face for 3k a turn (with temper+fast of course)

Fireblade13
04-15-2005, 09:13 PM
I like the red mage because he can attack and at the same time use support magic in boss fights. I would definatly have to say the fighter is the best class because of his enormous D. and really nice A.

YukiKiro
04-15-2005, 11:50 PM
Knight, Master, White Wizard and Black Wizard. a good team is it not? the problem is most people equip their monk (black belt) with a weopon, this is a mistake. they do much beter with no weopon at all... much MUCH MUCH better.

Fireblade13
04-25-2005, 11:51 AM
I just beat chaos with the Knight, Ninja{masamune}, RW, WW. 16 hours 25 minutes on the game clock and my ninja was the only one to die {he did it twice}. Lv 65 all. Knight had full Hp

Ultima
04-28-2005, 03:38 AM
I beat FFI with a party of lv.99 Knight/Red W.and a White W. Chaos was a walk in the park!

Rase
04-28-2005, 07:10 AM
Jeez, no wonder. Anything is at that level.

Fireblade13
04-28-2005, 09:03 PM
Your game claock probably had a time of like 30 hours to max their levels.