PDA

View Full Version : I just beat Omega Weapon and...

Cuchulainn
01-26-2005, 05:42 AM
Is it fluke or Godsend or is it just a fact that he's like Ultima Weapon's Stronger but Dumber older brother? Once you get a rhythm started & dont sway from it no matter what he's yours for the taking, with Ultima...I truely never quite knew what he'd do next....dread the words 'Light Pillar' *shudders*, he was something else.

strawberryman
01-26-2005, 05:53 AM
I would've had a chance to beat it if my freind had'nt lost my copy when he was borrowing it.

Ultima Shadow
01-26-2005, 10:52 AM
Is it fluke or Godsend or is it just a fact that he's like Ultima Weapon's Stronger but Dumber older brother? Once you get a rhythm started & dont sway from it no matter what he's yours for the taking, with Ultima...I truely never quite knew what he'd do next....dread the words 'Light Pillar' *shudders*, he was something else.
Greetings good lord! :jap: Another hero have just found the true path! :angel:
Don't let the cruel servant of evil fool you with the lies that Omega is the harder of the 2 Weapons. :nonono:
I will now give you the blessing of holy justice! :jap: Because you, great lord, have opened your eyes and found out the truth... while many in this world still wander around blindly... beliving that Omega is harder than Ultima. :shame:
May your words reach their ears and may they open their eyes from all the lies about the wimpy Omega! :greenking

Oh, and just for the sake of it... try to solo Omega Weapon and the try to solo Ultima Weapon. When solo Omega you'll be ready to defend yourself against any of his deadly attacks... while when you solo Ultima Weapon... 1 singel Light Pillar will guarantee a "Game Over" screen. :cool:

squall088
01-26-2005, 02:16 PM
I just do the solo thing and i have had a harder time beating omega weapon than ultima......ultima was a really easy fight but when fighting omega i had to use some heros and aura stone to beat him up so i disagree in wich weapon is the stronger

ljkkjlcm9
01-26-2005, 03:14 PM
The correct answer is, neither is hard. Actually, I had auto-haste, auto-shell, auto-protect on, very useful for both fights if they did hit you. I had max defense and spirit for all 3 characters as well so it worked out. Ultima I beat with one Lionheart before even drawing Eden, so I had to fight him again. Omega isn't necesarilly hard, just took a lot longer. Honestly, neither of these weapons compare to the weapons in FFVII (ruby and Emerald) and they weren't too difficult either if you know their tricks.

THE JACKEL

Cuchulainn
01-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Oh I beat Ultima too, Siren+Meltdown+Renz ended him eventually, but he is random & when you're at high levels, it can be a very short fight either way. Short for you or short for him. Ultima impressed me more than Omega, perhaps as it was the 1st Weapon i seen or even the flashbacks to VII. Omega insulted experienced gamers intelligence tbh... He's hard if you go in blind, if you don't have tactics, you're dead, simple. But experienced gamers always have tactics...With Ultima, all the tactics in the world couldn't save you from the speed of his random 'Light Pillar'. His HP insulted his prowess, if you even doubled it from 100k to 200k & like me, refused to use any status on him (after i beat him statis free i went back & tested to see what status WOULD work, Siren gives you a LOT of time between his Phys & Limits).

And I agree, Ruby & Emerald were of Divine Power....But they never striked fear into me as much as when I first seen Ultima Flying around, even when I glimpsed him my heart raced...ah...FFVII...it changed my gaming life forever...

Xzirox
01-26-2005, 03:37 PM
When I bet Omega the first time I was like "OMG, when is he gonna die?!?!?! He HAVE to die after this Lionhart!!!!"

I was sooo wrong, the dude took eons untill he finally died...I bragged to everyone I talked to, even to people who had never even seen FF8 :p

Now he´s wimpy though, and slight easier then Ultima Weapon.

Ultima Shadow
01-26-2005, 06:36 PM
I just do the solo thing and i have had a harder time beating omega weapon than ultima......ultima was a really easy fight but when fighting omega i had to use some heros and aura stone to beat him up so i disagree in wich weapon is the stronger
Oh, I forgot to tell... if you know excactly how do fight Omega (if you want... I can tell you exactly how to solo Omega in the easiest possible way) and fight them both WITHOUT Lionheart and hero-items and fight Ultima Weapon at level 100... Then you'll see the great difference. Omega can go down extremely easy if you have: the "defend" ability and "slow" summoned GFs to guard against the 1 predictable Light Pillar that Omega will use. Ultima on the other hand is much more trouble. Oh... and why not use hero and Lionheart? Well... because some people (including me) considre them cheap and cheat. They are just not fair to use. :tongue: Ofcourse... if Ultima Weapon is fought at lower levels... he won't be any problem... but at level 100... almost all his stats are higher than Omegas as well. It's just his 160,000HP that's fairly low... but then again... Omega Weapons HP is no problem if you just have some patience...

nords2
01-27-2005, 01:17 PM
I haven't gone far enough in the game this time to fight omega weapon yet, but if what you guys are saying is true I will have no problem. Ultima weapon was such a joke, I sat around drawing spells from him to junction after the battle. When I maxed out on the spells he had I simply renzokukened him a few times and he died. *note I did not have lionheart so the limit was not even that strong.

Ultima Shadow
01-27-2005, 05:18 PM
Ultima weapon was such a joke
Still... he was the toughest enemy in the game and Omega was a much, much greater joke.
And you should always fight him at level 100. Man... should I repeat myself AGAIN?
I have a pretty long discreption about all possible info about Omega and Ultima if anyone is intressted...

Shoden
01-27-2005, 08:52 PM
ok who created the weapons as it seemed as they where biological cell fusion experiments in attempts to create the ultimate creature at they're command which would explain why the deep sea research facility was all knacked when you go there

lord shishio
01-27-2005, 11:25 PM
I beat ultima, but I never actually tried Omega for some reason.

Ultima Shadow
01-28-2005, 01:01 PM
ok who created the weapons as it seemed as they where biological cell fusion experiments in attempts to create the ultimate creature at they're command which would explain why the deep sea research facility was all knacked when you go there
FFVII: The Weapons was created by the planet itself and they are the protectors of the planet. They were given the name "Weapons" since they are the weapons that the planet use to get ride of treats... like Shinra inc and Jenova etc. In FFVII the Weapons were put to sleep in that crater until a new treat would come. I guess it's pretty much the same for FFVIII. Ultima Weapon sleeped deep under the sea for ages... but then the humans built that research facility since the place was a goldmine of Drawpoints and stuff etc. But in the end... the diged so deep into the bottom of the ocean that they awakened Ultima Weapon. This wonderfull creature completely slaughtered everyone with its gigantic sword and supreme Light Pillars. :love: And so... the whole place was abandoned. :eek: :cool:

Omega... well... Ultimecia was no doubt a treat towards the whole world... so I guess Omega were on his way to beat her up... but then he got tierd and fell asleep inside the castle. :rolleyes2

note: that's just my theory. :greenie:

Bane of Almasy
02-04-2005, 04:37 PM
Ultima's only redeeming traits were his speed and that annoying light pillar attack.For the "strongest" boss card he was pretty crap too.And as for omega as long as you had laguna's card refined terra break was useless. :D

Ultima Shadow
02-04-2005, 07:31 PM
Ultima's only redeeming traits were his speed and that annoying light pillar attack.For the "strongest" boss card he was pretty crap too.And as for omega as long as you had laguna's card refined terra break was useless. :D
Speed > almost all other stats, nuff said. :)

And the card was still a good card... but, yea it should have been even better. :cool:
Hero=Cheap/Cheat= :barf: