PDA

View Full Version : FF Addiction???

zimmunky
01-26-2005, 05:52 PM
People say that i am addicted to final fantasy. they say that playing those games is just an escape from real life, and its a http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifty way of dealing with my problems. Dont get me wrong, i do love these games, and if i could choose fantasy over reality, i would, but do you think that they are an addiction? are these games really bad for you? I just think they're awesome and fun and they make you think and they let your imagination run wild. thats why i like them. Anyway, are FF games really that bad for you? or is everyone else just crazy? HELP!?!?!

DJZen
01-26-2005, 05:54 PM
Playing video games is a lot like eating junk food. It's fun, but if that's all you've really got, it causes problems. In the case of junk food that shows up in obesity and diabetes. In the case of video games, it shows up in the form of a lack of social life, ability to socialize, much anything to talk about, and a general lack of skin tone.

zimmunky
01-26-2005, 05:57 PM
dont get me wrong, i have alot of friends (most of the play) and im about to celebrate my 1 year annerversary with my girlfriend, so the social thing is covered, im just wondering if its a headtrip thing or anything like that.

Gunblades
01-26-2005, 08:43 PM
you hit the nail DJ.

i played FF7 and 8 and 9 and i think 10 through colldge and university lol, didnt get alot of work done but i came in the next day all tranquill after beating the weapons lol.

CloudVII
01-27-2005, 06:17 AM
The only addiction symptom I lack is the lack of skin tone :|, But yea too much of anything is harmful thats why I balance it with sports works out well, cept when i hate the coach and now im about to quit cuz i lost my starting position. I dont blame FF. I blame my dam coach.

- sorry kinda ran off

ShivaBlizzard8
01-27-2005, 06:28 AM
I think anything can be additictive - video games, junk food, gambling, even working out at the gym. And that's not necessarily a bad thing, per se. You only have to worry when you begin exclusively doing one action (or when not doing it, constantly THINKING about doing it) to the point where it takes precedence over anything else in your life. If you're always thinking about FF, can only find happiness in imagining yourself in FF, cannot stop playing/thinking when asked or are unable to get excited about anything else, then yeah, you have an addiction. Otherwise, I'd say you're just a regularly obsessed fan like the rest of us. *one of us. . . one of us. . . * :p

zimmunky
01-27-2005, 01:20 PM
thank god, i really wasnt ready to give up my games, I've worked so hard! :D well, my girlfriend is gettin mad so peace.

Gunblades
01-27-2005, 04:08 PM
well i would sit at home, mash the crap out of villians in FF and then i would have to go out to teach some swordplay.....in the middle of the fight im discussing limitbreaks etc. So really, Final fantasy provided me an insight into my studants.

Yuffie514
01-27-2005, 04:15 PM
i think i may be addicted, but that doesn't make me crazy.

Gunblades
01-27-2005, 04:50 PM
hey we are al crazy in here lol

Yuffie514
01-27-2005, 05:00 PM
fine. i am crazy about Final Fantasy :D , however, not crazy enough to go out and kill someone just to get his copy of FFXII just 'cuz all the stores sold out on it :D .

zimmunky
01-27-2005, 05:04 PM
im not saying im crazy, and if normal is without then ff then i dont want it. Live Vana'Diel!

black orb
01-28-2005, 02:05 AM
dont get me wrong, i have alot of friends (most of the play) and im about to celebrate my 1 year annerversary with my girlfriend, so the social thing is covered, im just wondering if its a headtrip thing or anything like that.
>>> Friends?, girlfriends?!.. That doesnt sound like a true FF fan for me.. :D

Gunblades
01-28-2005, 03:44 PM
become a hermit to better soak up the FF experiance :)

Del Murder
01-30-2005, 05:22 PM
Square pushes some good dope, can't argue that.

RedCydranth
01-30-2005, 11:06 PM
Im completely addicted to FF and RPGs. I have plenty of friends and have great social network, but I'm known as the Video Gamer of our group. Most of my friends don't play RPGs and that is good because if they played I'd be obsessed, not addicted.

I play Video Games more than i do most other activites. Only sleep and internet take up more time.

strawberryman
01-30-2005, 11:10 PM
i think i may be addicted, but that doesn't make me crazy.
And Being crazy is wrong? :sweat:

.:the chocobo master:.
01-31-2005, 02:50 AM
Even if you are addicted to FF it's not really your fault. The true villan here is square-enix for making such damn good games. Anyway, the only way to play FF is to alienate yourself for a solid week. We are the victims here... all is up to square-enix's will...

zimmunky
03-01-2005, 03:14 AM
being crazy beats the hell outta bein normal thats for sure. id die before becoming like the ppl i live around. then again, i am so blessed to be living in Texas....God i wish i lived somewhere with culture that didnt revolve around spitting and racism!!! Get ME OUTTA HERE!!!

Fire_Emblem776
03-01-2005, 03:23 AM
what is normal anyways? What we do (that dosnt harm others) is okay?