PDA

View Full Version : System of a Down

Rye
01-26-2005, 09:28 PM
I haven't seen any SoaD threads here and I don't remember if there were anyones before the pruning, so what do you think of SoaD? They're my second favourite band ever and I think their lyrics are brilliant. A lot of their songs are about many modern day issues and I think it's interesting. Serj's vocals are awesome and are so unique. He's one of my favourite male singers. I really like when he sings songs with the guitarist, Daron.

My favourite songs by them are Pictures, Needles, Mr. Jack, Spiders, Chic 'N' Stu and Chop Suey. I can't think of my least favourite song.

jrgen
01-26-2005, 09:38 PM
Most of their songs are crap, but Spiders is awesome.
Their first album was decent, Toxicity sucked and STA was a tiny bit less bad.

Rye
01-26-2005, 09:41 PM
Toxicity was good, but it was very different. All of the albums have very good songs, but Toxicity would be my least favourite album. I think my favourite album would be the first as well.

Pure Strife
01-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Sugar is a candidate for coolest video ever, and the song was good. Other than that I don't mind a few tracks, but I'm not realy a fan.

Rye
01-26-2005, 10:29 PM
I never saw the video. I'll have to look for it on WMP sometime.

pruneboy
01-27-2005, 02:46 AM
SoaD is pretty good. I had toxicity once, but I put it in the microwave(it was cool). I liked Forest a lot. But what does the song mean?

JunotDe
01-27-2005, 02:51 AM
Weird..When I saw this thread I was listenin to SoaD - Innervision
Yah I love SoaD All there albums are good.

kikimm
01-27-2005, 02:58 AM
Hee---I'm listening to them right now. A couple years go, I couldn't stand them, ahted them, but since then, I've changed my mind. They're definitley a decent band. Although I'm not sure if I'm willing to spend money on them, yet.

:D

Armisael
01-27-2005, 09:24 AM
SoaD rule!
They are great..They have very nice songs with deep meaning..
My fav songs would be:Chop Suey-actually the part where says Father etc...is written on the Greek Gospel!-Toxicity,Atwa,Aerials,Spiders,Mr Jack..

Rostum
01-27-2005, 09:38 AM
I used to listen to Toxicity when it first came out, after awhile it just got really boring and old. I've heard some of their older songs like Sugar and some of the newer songs, but I don't really like them. =\

Rye
01-27-2005, 02:16 PM
Their older stuff is a lot heavier and their newer stuff is very... I'm not sure how to explain it. I like it though. I like how each album sounds different. I have all three of their albums. They're coming out with a double CD soon. The first comes out March 1st and the second comes out in summer or fall. I can't wait to get them. I heard that these are SoaD's last CDs then they're going off into seperate projects. It's a real shame since they're one of my favourite bands.

Craig
01-27-2005, 02:41 PM
One of my favourite bands, Spiders is probably one of my favourite songs, but I definately prefer the album Toxicity. STA was a slight let down still great though. Can't wait for their upcoming double albums "Hypnotize/Mesmerize"

Pheesh
01-27-2005, 02:43 PM
me and my friend play a few songs of theirs when we jam. My favourite song would be chop suey and i like the song they did with wu-tang clan caled shame on a nigga (but they are the main reason i like it) SoaD rule!!

Peace out and :rock:
EE

Craig
01-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Some of their stuff that wasn't in the albums is cool, Dam and Marmalade especially.

Dr.K
01-27-2005, 06:04 PM
I used to really like 'em, nowadays don't listen to them too much. Fave songs are probably Soil and Forest.

boris no no
01-27-2005, 08:21 PM
system of a down was the first album i ever bought!! all those years ago!
:D
when chop suey came out they played it all the time at the local rock club, it was very cool bouncy with everyone headbanging!! ah the good old days! :D

they rock!! :love:

DMKA
01-29-2005, 07:03 AM
Sugar is hands down my favorite song by them. I really liked BOOM too, though they got alot of crap about it from the war mongers. Chop Suey was cool for the first 1 billion times...so I've decided to take a 5 year break from it.

I haven't seen the Sugar video either...I need to.

Rye
01-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Chop Suey isn't their best song, but it's still awesome.

jrgen
01-29-2005, 01:23 PM
Cigaro sucks.

Montoya
02-03-2005, 04:34 AM
I used to like them a lot. Now I don't listen to them as much as I used to but I still like them. Favorite songs would be: Forest, Toxicity, and Innervision.

Lucky Charms
02-03-2005, 05:03 AM
i can't take them seriously lol..

my sister and i have heard toxicity and chop suey.. our inside joke is to actually sing out the word "disorder.. disorder.. disooooooorder" when something goes unexpected in our family plans.

UltimaLimit
02-05-2005, 12:13 AM
System Of A Down is cool. I haven't heard all that much of their stuff, but I like what I have heard.

I have the Toxicity CD and downloaded Innervision. I like it all. They have plenty of energy without too much bass. (Good if you're in the mood for rock but you're getting a headache.)

Chop Suey is still good, but it has been overplayed. Ditto Aerials.

o_O
02-05-2005, 06:14 AM
I love System of a Down. My personal favourite song is Chop Suey!, the harmonies at the end never fail to give me shivers. :p
I also like Ego Brain, and Toxicity the <u>the</u> most fun song to drum to. My band's repertiore includes about 10 SoaD songs. :p

nik0tine
02-05-2005, 11:15 AM
They aren't bad at all. I have Steal This Album, and Ive downloaded most of thier other stuff. I haven't listened to them in about a year, but they are pretty good. Spiders has to be my favorite song by them.