PDA

View Full Version : Sphere Grids for Dummies

Strider
01-27-2005, 06:36 AM
So I'm finally playing through Final Fantasy X. Yaaaaay. Unfortunately, the sphere grid system is proving to be more complicated than I thought. Argh.

Let's keep it simple, though. Is there anything I shouldn't do under any circumstances? Is there anything I should do whenever I can? Just help me out here with simple advice.

lufia
01-27-2005, 06:45 AM
follow the paths, try not to break any of the 1st,2nd,3rd,4th spheres that require you to get to another location because it leads to different stats. when you finished traveling around your specific spheres than break the 1st spheres 2nd etc. each character has its speacialty ><. unless you know what yoru doing than you should break them XD
for example your using lulu and and you break the lock spheres and you turn out to be a power user so be careful

Greeneyes
01-27-2005, 07:00 AM
So I'm finally playing through Final Fantasy X. Yaaaaay. Unfortunately, the sphere grid system is proving to be more complicated than I thought. Argh.

Me, too! :)

I've just started and am finding the sphere grid a bit confusing. To make things worse (or better, depending on your point of view :p ), mine is the FFX International NTSC-J version that has extra spheres or something. Also, I noticed that my sphere grid seems differently arranged than the one from the BradyGames FFX Guide (which I assume is for the normal NTSC-US version)

I'm practically blundering my way around the sphere grid, jumping from one character's area to another without finishing one character's specific area.

alexholker
01-27-2005, 07:35 AM
1. At the start of the game (in the advanced spheregrid), making Lulu and Yuna swap paths might be worth considering. While it would limit the effectiveness of Lulu's overdrive, it means that you will have two characters with the 1st level black magic and with cure and esuna. Alternatively, you could have Kimahri get those spells, then follow Lulu's or Yuna's path, giving you another Black or White mage.

2. When you finish a character's path, use a Friend or Teleport sphere to make them start another path which takes advantage of their strengths. Tidus, Wakka and Auron all benefit from the same sorts of physical skills (strength, accuracy and so on), while Yuna and Lulu share their use of magic.

3. Don't worry too much about avoiding crossing from one character's path to another. If possible, stay within the guidelines above about the physical/magic based characters.

4. Don't worry about saving Return or Friend spheres. They are comparatively easy to get later in the game.

Alex

moogle
02-15-2005, 12:45 PM
the advanced sphere grid is so rubbish your players take ages to get better ooohh its gold coloured with a million empty nodes who cares what a waste of time!

rubah
02-15-2005, 11:56 PM
Is the advanced one the one that isn't in the NA version of the game? I never keep them straight.

And supposedly it has fewer usable spheres? go figure. I'd make kimarhi a thievin' high level white mage, if I were you:D It takes a while, but it's immensely fun useful, and you actually use kimarhi in battle because of it.

moogle
02-16-2005, 12:10 AM
haha i agree apart from that using the normal sphere grid kimahri is less than an adaquate player!

Yuffie514
02-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Sphere Grid is unique and easy :) . i'd rather learn magic through this system or FFVIII's :up: . i used to be frustrated with the Sphere Grid, but now, i praise it ;) . if you got some money, you can bribe for various spheres :) , like Black, White, or Friend spheres :cool: . you don't have to be rich to afford them :D . with those spheres, you can learn spells or do whatever in an instant ;) .

redxiiii
02-16-2005, 05:21 PM
It`s a good idea to put yuna through aurons sphere grid after your aeos get break damage limit, that way her aeons will become stronger.

soulICE
02-16-2005, 08:58 PM
I'd make kimarhi a thievin' high level white mage, if I were you It takes a while, but it's immensely fun useful, and you actually use kimarhi in battle because of it.

thats what i did in my recent play through. i had some reservations about it at first (i usually just send him through rikku's grid and quit using him once he's at the end of it). i did his whole grid, started in rikku's grid to learn steal and use, then used a lv.2 key near yuna's dispel and reflect section of grid. (i learned cura by the time i got to home). it does take a bit of time and levels to do, but his high magic attribute seems to make his blue magic stronger, (i didnt know his blue magic relied on the magic stat like white or black magic does) so his fight with yenke and biran was alot easier than when he was just a thief, plus stealing as much lv.3 key spheres as i could. i still use him alot, so the thief/white mage combo is a good choice. i also had yuna learn steal and use, but kept her in her own grid. never have too many thieves :D

It`s a good idea to put yuna through aurons sphere grid after your aeos get break damage limit, that way her aeons will become stronger.

does it matter what stats she learns for her aeons to get stronger? i thought their stats increase somewhat randomly as yuna's stats increase. will the aeons become stronger physically if i put her through auron's grid or more evasive if she goes through lulu's grid, etc.? ive played this game so many times ive lost count, but its always good to learn somethin new lol.

SeeDRankLou
02-16-2005, 09:42 PM
Activate any stat node you come across except Luck nodes. Unless the Luck node is Luck +4, do not activate it, Fortune Spheres are hard to come by and you shouldn't waste them on Luck +1 nodes. When you get Clear Spheres later, you can make the <Luck +4 nodes into Luck +4 nodes, and then you can use the Fortune Spheres. Other stat spheres are very easy to come by, so activate anything else whenever you come by it, they are easily upgraded.

rubah
02-17-2005, 12:50 AM
^-- sage advice.

Just to be sure, I don't increase luck at all, and I save all the attribute spheres until I start to customize the sphere grid, just to keep track of everything better.

soulICE, that's *exactly* what i did:D Weave yuna in just long enough for steal and use, and get her out of there pronto:D

And about the aeons getting stronger, play it safe and take her through ALL the grids:D